Author Topic: hexagon dog face fokker d.vii  (Read 1475 times)

Offline ALBATROS1234

hexagon dog face fokker d.vii
« on: May 21, 2015, 07:22:09 AM »
a while back i remember a topic about this fokker,not the one on the drooling bulldog label with the dog on a chain. its just a stylized hex shaped dog face surrounded by a white sunburst . i wa looking for more info on the colors of the craft. i seem to remember a color profile which was a greenish grey but thats it. anyone have a link or a profile that would be great. i was thinking of making it my next build

Offline Rob_Owens

Re: hexagon dog face fokker d.vii
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2015, 10:34:56 AM »
Marking found on Microscale 48-150 Polizeifliegerstaffel post-WWI. Sorry, couldn't find a profile. . .

Offline ALBATROS1234

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2015, 10:51:55 AM »
yeah i have the decals but it just says grey -green for the color. i wanted to see if i could get more info on the scheme. i found in a book but its a weird green and the dog face is in red with yellow sunburst and the decals are black with white sunburst.also it seems to be a late built fokker by the louvers but most of those had bmw engines. i found in a book where it specifies 160hp mercedes d.iii which doesnt seem right for late fokker built. just trying to see if anyone knew more. thanks though rob

Offline ALBATROS1234

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2015, 10:53:54 AM »
also lozenge pattern. i assume 4 color.

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2015, 07:44:59 AM »
   Try Squadron/Signal Publications #166 Fokker DVII in Action. The green looks a brighter then normal and sort of a mottled finish effect. Lozenge looks 4 Colour to me as well.

Have fun!
Cheers,
Lance