Author Topic: Special Hobby 1/48 SPAD VII  (Read 17558 times)

Offline GAJouette

• " Beware of the Spanish Inquisition"
Re: Special Hobby 1/48 SPAD VII
« Reply #75 on: December 02, 2012, 08:18:44 AM »
  Antonio,
Excellent update my friend. She coming along absolutely beautiful.
Highest Regards,
Gregory Jouette
" What Me Worry"

Offline Whiteknuckles

« Reply #76 on: December 02, 2012, 01:23:33 PM »
Great work Antonio, the turnbuckles look excellent!!

Andrew
Eternal Apprentice

Offline andonio64

• There's no hurry
« Reply #77 on: December 03, 2012, 08:44:35 AM »
Thanks everybody.
Today I made the other two couples of turnbuckles and fixed to the fuselage the 4 corresponding pairs.

I did some filling of the gaps between the wings and the fuselage on the belly.

Then I had to file the notch on the fuselage to make the tail sub-assembly fit. I tried to dry-fit it but it leaves a large gap where it joins the fuselage, I was thinking to glue it using mr.dissolved putty, do you think it could work? In this way I also fill the gap and can paint over it. My concern is about the fluid putty retiring...

I also studied a bit making two corrections:
- Painted in metal the horizontal rods coupling the inner struts (I had painted 'em as wood but they were iron cast)
- I understood better the control mechanisms for the ailerons and as I mounted the triangular structure straight the ailerons can't be set in a "moved" position (don't know a better way to indicate this) so they will remain leveled as they are. Moreover the vertical rod from the triangles to the upper wing was a rod and not a cable so I cut away the line I had glued there.

Nothing worth to show anyway...

Good night!

:-)

Offline andonio64

• There's no hurry
« Reply #78 on: December 05, 2012, 03:27:05 AM »
Asking for advice:
I tried to dry-fit the tail sub-assembly on the fuselage but after dry-mounting it I saw there is still a visible gap along the joint line...
I was thinking to glue it using mr. Dissolved Putty, do you think it could work? In this way I simultaneously fill the gap and can paint over it.  The place is very difficult to access.
My concern is about the fluid putty shrinking...

Offline andonio64

• There's no hurry
« Reply #79 on: December 10, 2012, 07:18:47 AM »
Hallo friends: the model is finished, but here are some of the latest steps:

Struts in position, started pulling some of the wires...

Here from both sides

Then laying the upper wing on the struts I  found that the inner struts and the cabane ones are far lower than the outer couples
This is cerrtainly due to the slight (wrong) dihedral and the thickness of the anchors I put for rigging on top and on the bottom of the outer struts...

So I decided to leave things as they are and add some small plasticard pieces on top of the cabane struts (see picture below)

And produced some sort of wedges which have to join the inner struts to the top wing

Above you can see the "wedges" in place and the plasticard pieces on top of the cabane struts painted in metal, to make them less visible...

More in the "Completed models" Thread

Thanks for your attention and patience!!!!

AnDonio
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 07:24:36 AM by andonio64 »