Author Topic: Wingnut Wings confirms 2012 most likely releases  (Read 10282 times)

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
Wingnut Wings confirms 2012 most likely releases
« on: April 18, 2012, 04:33:12 PM »
Wingnut Wings has confirmed that the subjects listed as "in development" on its website are most likely for release at some point this year.

Richard Alexander of Wingnut, speaking exclusively to the WW1aircraftmodels forum, said while no specific release dates can be predicted, long-awaited subjects such as the 1/32 scale Fokker DVII is on the 2012 release list.

He also reconfirmed that the Fokker D.VII will be available in all it's main variations.

According to the Wingnut website the "in development' projects at present include:

* Fokker DVII
* Sopwith Triplane
* Fokker E.II/III
* Sopwith Snipe
* Fokker E.1
* DH.2
* Fokker E.IV

There is as yet no word on the sequence of releases or whether the kits will be spread across the year or focussed on a Christmas splash release.

Sadly however there is still nothing further to report on the release of the much- awaited resin figures.

It looks like Wingnut fans will be spoiled for choice this year.

Cheers

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia

Owner and Administrator of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline ta152c

• My threads are doing iron man numbers
Re: Wingnut Wings confirms 2012 most likely releases
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2012, 08:35:19 PM »
Looks as if people will be getting in Christmas requests upon seeing those releases :)

If only they would do an Aviatik D.I in 1:32 . . .

Regards :)
"I hope he burned all the way down" - Mannock on hearing of the death of Manfred Von Richthofen, 1918.

Offline gcn

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2012, 08:53:33 PM »
Hi Dave, thanks for that info. Patience may be a virtue but I don't believe that phrase was coined by someone waiting for a Snipe and a D.VII

I have been kiiding myself that the delay to the D.VII was because they had decided to tool a Camel and were going to release them together.

My view is in line with the latest Windsock to Eindeckers are not that far away.

Gary

Offline Chris Johnson

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2012, 09:44:04 PM »
I'm definitely looking forward to the Sopwith Triplane and Snipe.

Cheers,

Chris
You can have it good; You can have it fast; you can have it cheap. Pick any two, but all three are impossible.

Offline phs Paddy

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2012, 10:55:46 PM »
Thanks Dave. Looking at the list you’ve posted and if necessary it will be difficult to prioritize first picks. WnW’s release sequence may help out there.  :D Of course my all time favorite is the DH.2 but I’m beginning to look especially forward to the Sopwith Snipe too.

As we all know they’ll all be beauties so there’s no need to get a twist in the knickers over what comes out of the gate next. Do hope the figures are drawing near though, at least for some sort of peek. I’ll bet there are a number of us standing on one foot and the other in anticipation.  ;D

Anyway, all a great deal of fun. Thanks again.  :)

Paddy
In mathematics you don't understand things, you just get use to them. Johann von Neumann 1903-1957

Offline GAJouette

• " Beware of the Spanish Inquisition"
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2012, 11:36:29 PM »
  Dave,
Thanks for the latest WNW news my friend. I have that strange feeling of a coming thinning of my  model money account.
Highest Regards,
Gregory Jouette
" What Me Worry"

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2012, 12:29:04 AM »
Thanks for posting this information, Dave.  I may just have to get myself a Snipe.  Damn!  That'll make four of these enormous crates I'll have taking up space.  My darling bride might invite me to move into the shed, which we don't currently have.
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline phs Paddy

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2012, 01:03:02 AM »
Thanks for posting this information, Dave.  I may just have to get myself a Snipe.  Damn!  That'll make four of these enormous crates I'll have taking up space.  My darling bride might invite me to move into the shed, which we don't currently have.
Cheers,
Bud

;D ;D ;D

Paddy
In mathematics you don't understand things, you just get use to them. Johann von Neumann 1903-1957

Offline Trackpad

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2012, 01:44:39 AM »
I'm definitely looking forward to the Sopwith Triplane and Snipe.
Cheers,
Chris

We are definitely on the same wavelength, Chris! With the news of these two on the radar, my focus shifted to the "Snipe and Tripe" at the expense of the DVII. To hear that they might hit the market this year increases the lure. And I just posted elsewhere on the forum that I might start the WNW SE earlier than planned. Ahhh... so much plastic, so little time...!  ;D
Cheers!
Gary

"It was an adventure, a great adventure. And, like all great adventures, we never knew where it would lead or how it would end."

Offline sobrien

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2012, 01:59:22 AM »
Snipe and Tripe! Me too. And an E.II/III. There's my Christmas list!

Sean

Offline Trackpad

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2012, 04:31:52 AM »
Snipe and Tripe! Me too. And an E.II/III. There's my Christmas list!

Sean

Christmas list in April? great idea! I've been set for these kits for a while now: sold the car, rented the boat, second mortgage in effect on the house...yep, I'm ready!  ;)
Cheers!
Gary

"It was an adventure, a great adventure. And, like all great adventures, we never knew where it would lead or how it would end."

Offline sobrien

« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2012, 07:20:41 AM »
Well........ maybe Fathers Day if they're released early enough. Maybe a voucher towards a later purchase?
I can wait til Christmas. I've got a small stash to keep me busy until then.

Sean

Offline ALBATROS1234

« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2012, 08:04:05 AM »
i'm sure i will get multiple dvii fokkers and a snipe, perhaps an eiii fokker but thats it for me, i dont need another dh-2 or tripe in 1/32.

Offline GAJouette

• " Beware of the Spanish Inquisition"
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2012, 08:58:54 AM »
  I know I'll have beaucoup trouble making up my mind which kit to go with first. I hear a newly minted Fokker D.VII,Sopwiths Tripe and Snipe and not to forget the DH-2 calling already.
Dazed and Confused.
Gregory Jouette
" What Me Worry"

Offline Jose Chaica

• Jose "Von Muttley" Chaica
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2012, 06:58:34 PM »
I´m sure that anything they release, will make me happy... BUT (and from the list) the Fokker E.II/III or the Fokker E.IV will make me a VERY happy man!  ;D
Jose Chaica, from Portugal.