Author Topic: JG I Airfield March 1918  (Read 3150 times)

Offline malaula

JG I Airfield March 1918
« on: January 12, 2015, 07:49:40 AM »
Hi there!I decided to show off my works in chronological order,starting with my first dio . Jagdgeschwader I airfield in march 1918,displaying Fokker DrI,Albatros Dv and Pfalz DIII types.Hangars are fimo masters and resin casts,figures are conversions and sculpted by myself,the lorry is a Finescale factory Opel 4t,deckchairs by Preiser,other accessories scratch.
This dio took about a year to the finish,I put lots of effort in it back in 2005/6.When looking at it now,I see so many flaws!
Anyway,I'm proud to tell it was exhibited in several museums .Enjoy!

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://s87.photobucket.com/user/matzmodel/embed/Jagdgeschwader%20I/story"></iframe>
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 01:57:28 AM by malaula »

Online RAGIII

Re: JG I Airfield March 1918
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2015, 08:42:07 AM »
That is a Brilliant Diorama and it is no surprise it has appeared in several Museums! Beautiful aircraft, Hangars, figures, and vehickle! The ground work and backdrop are tremendous! I can't say enough about how impressed I am!!!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Epeeman

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2015, 08:56:17 AM »
That is a Brilliant Diorama and it is no surprise it has appeared in several Museums! Beautiful aircraft, Hangars, figures, and vehickle! The ground work and backdrop are tremendous! I can't say enough about how impressed I am!!!
RAGIII

I could not agree more - amazing work

Regards

Dave
As we say in fencing, what's the point?

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2015, 09:12:40 AM »
Absolutely brilliant diorama, the very busy scene with plenty of aircraft, people and ground support vehicles, the hangars are extremely well done and the grass/dirt is very realistic.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Online lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2015, 10:17:59 AM »
    That is amazing, a lot of very fine work here! The detail is very impressive and it also offers a very broad impression of "busy", a lot going on in a relatively small space. What Scale is it done in??
    You should be very proud of a simply beautifully done project, it's spectacular.
Cheers,
Lance

Offline kornbeef

• U.K. Carpet monster genocide squad leader.
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2015, 03:58:01 PM »
Flawed or not.  fantastic attention to detail.  even down to the way the grass is worn around the structures. I take it as 1/72nd? Just briliant well thought out and executed work.

Thanks for sharing

Keith
Never too old to learn sumfink noo

Offline Nigel Jackson

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2015, 05:36:46 PM »
Wow! Very impressive despite what you say about flaws.

Best wishes
Nigel

Offline xan

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2015, 06:30:19 PM »
wonderful! what a work!
are all the plane from the same jasta?
the result is really great, congratulation!

Xan
"Zwei Armeen, die sich bekämpfen, sind eine grosse Armee, die Selbstmord an sich übt."
Barbusse.
"Une montagne en Allemagne ne peut pas offenser une montagne en France. Ou une rivière ou une forêt ou un champ de blé."
Remarque.

Offline Jorgo

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2015, 12:22:14 AM »
Chapeau, Matz! I' looking forward to your next dio!

Cheers, Jörg

Offline malaula

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2015, 01:36:51 AM »
Thanks a lot to all of you!Keith and Lance,it's done in 72nd scale.Still it measures about 2 squaremeters!I 've done dios in larger scalebut though we have a house of our own even 48th scale takes too much space(more on this later)
Xan,the planes are from jasta4(black fuselage ribbon)jasta6(white noses,b/w striped tailplane)jasta 10(yellow noses)jasta 11(red noses).
The scenery is a bit fictional,though.In march 1918 all of the aircraft of JagdgeschwaderI,II and III were to inhabit an advanced airfield at Avoingt,near to the frontline to support the german troops in the so called Kaiserschlacht.When the offensive was started on march 18 the overcast sky and bad wheather made flying impossible.nevertheless this situation offers the opportunity to display several jastas together on a somehow limited space...that was my thinking back in 2005,beeing an absolute newbie to WWIaircraft and their history then.

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2015, 05:47:48 AM »
Welcome aboard, Mathias!  So delighted to see you posting your remarkable dioramas here.  I thoroughly enjoy your work and always find something new each time I look at them.  Truly brilliant work.
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline petrov27

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2015, 05:52:06 AM »
wow - that is a brilliant diorama - really impressive in scope and how it captures a moment in time so well!
-Patrick

WarrenD

« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2015, 11:10:38 AM »
Newbie of not, you did a fantastic job in my opinion. You might can see some flaws, but I sure can't.

Warren

Offline Squiffy

• Something up with my banter, chaps?
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2015, 10:51:23 PM »
That is very good and makes my effort look rather second rate. Where did you source the figures?

Michael Scarborough

« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2015, 11:59:24 PM »
Very exciting to see something done on this scale yet with so much attention to detail.

Wow!

Cheers from NYC,
Michael