Author Topic: New Zealand post tracking is it reliable  (Read 6493 times)

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
Re: New Zealand post tracking is it reliable
« Reply #30 on: December 23, 2014, 09:26:40 AM »
My NZ tracking is telling me that my Felixstowe is still in transit between NZ and Australia, this is day three that it has been in transit from NZ, it is not really that far across the Tasman. My Aussie Post tracking is telling me that the parcel has been despatched yesterday morning, so by rights I should revceive it either today or tomorrow, but I'm not holding my breath.

Des.

The original question in this topic asked - New Zealand post tracking is it reliable - my answer - NO.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline eclarson

« Reply #31 on: December 23, 2014, 10:07:34 AM »
Just received a NZ Post tracking update stating my Felixstowe has left New Zealand.  It's on the move!  Now, I asked myself, why did it take 4 days from pickup to departure?  Then it dawned on me...they can only fit so many in the planes' cargo holds!   

Maybe WNW should rent a couple of these for Felixstowe deliveries.  ;D

Cheers,
Eric

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #32 on: December 23, 2014, 10:44:38 AM »
I feel your pain Justin. My last delivery said that it had left the mail centre in Sydney which is a two hour drive from my place, took two days to get here. But at least it wasn't treated like the parcels in your video link, bloody disgusting way to treat other peoples property, they should be sacked.

Eric, the large freight plane you posted would cover the Felixstowe kits just heading to Australia, Wingnuts would need one for each country by the way kits are being sold.

Des.

Offline uncletony

• Aircraft In Pixels
« Reply #33 on: December 23, 2014, 12:19:55 PM »
Well, wouldn't you know it. After years and years of lowering and lowering again my expectations, NZ Post have again caused me to question my own reality by delivering a large box, on time, damage free (instead of free damage) to the correct address! Anyone want to look at my Felixboat?

Duh. YES

Offline uncletony

• Aircraft In Pixels
« Reply #34 on: December 23, 2014, 01:36:45 PM »
Here you go, Bo - you'll see that I've thoughtfully included a match stick so that you can judge the size :)

Nice! Merry Christmas! 8)

Offline fredjocko

« Reply #35 on: December 23, 2014, 02:25:38 PM »
According the New Zealand tracker my kit took six days to get from WNW to the post office and two days later it is still winging its way to the United States. Oh, well. At least it's on its way. :)

Offline petrov27

« Reply #36 on: December 24, 2014, 04:41:48 AM »
Well, I ordered two kits on the same day from WNW, one is still in customs in LA, the second they tried to deliver to my house today (in Michigan, USA) when I was out for lunch :(

I will try to go to the post office late today to pick it up - seriously not looking forward to that - going to be a madhouse....
-Patrick

Online PrzemoL

• There was Eru... and he made first the Ainur...
    • Przemysław Litewka
« Reply #37 on: December 24, 2014, 06:55:15 AM »
You are truly lucky, Justin!!! Enjoy! And Merry Christmas!
Ash nazg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatuluk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #38 on: December 24, 2014, 10:04:40 AM »
My Felixstowe arrived today but NZ tracking is saying that it has arrived in the country of destination, Aussie post tracking is saying that it has been delivered.
Anyhow, it is a Christmas present from my wife so I am glad it arrived before Christmas.  ;D ;D

Des.

Offline fredjocko

« Reply #39 on: December 24, 2014, 01:27:53 PM »
My Felixstowe arrived today but NZ tracking is saying that it has arrived in the country of destination, Aussie post tracking is saying that it has been delivered.
Anyhow, it is a Christmas present from my wife so I am glad it arrived before Christmas.  ;D ;D

Des.

Very nice. i guess there's something to living near Nirvana. :)

Offline ermeio

« Reply #40 on: December 24, 2014, 05:35:06 PM »
Well, now I feel a little in hassle
Out of two orders I received one parcel, but the other one today is reported as "delivered" on 18/12 - the very same day. But I did not receive it.
I'll file my complaint with the postal service tomorrow morning....

Yesterday the parcel arrived without any problem,
Another testimonial of the good combined service of NZ and Italian postal system...
I definitely think that we cannot expect much more, since it is cheap and tracked.
Little issues are solved easily and a black swann is among what we can expect from life.
This year only a windsock magazine went swallowed by the mail and to this date I have had problems only three times, always with HM postal service

Offline the great waldo

« Reply #41 on: December 24, 2014, 07:41:24 PM »
Out of two orders I received one parcel, but the other one today is reported as "delivered" on 18/12 - the very same day. But I did not receive it.

Another testimonial of the good combined service of NZ and Italian postal system...
I definitely think that we cannot expect much more, since it is cheap and tracked.
Little issues are solved easily and a black swann is among what we can expect from life.
This year only a windsock magazine went swallowed by the mail and to this date I have had problems only three times, always with HM postal service
I gave up with windsock, as half of the time the magazine would arrive 3 months late or not at all (i'm in Austria) and it worked out  cheaper and quicker to order it from online scources. Parcel force should be renamed parcel farce with the prices they charge. My postie here in Austria holds my post for me when i'm away and brings it when i'm back, great service.
Merry Xmas All
Andrew

Online PrzemoL

• There was Eru... and he made first the Ainur...
    • Przemysław Litewka
« Reply #42 on: December 30, 2014, 10:08:52 PM »

Do you mean you already got your Felixstowe? To Europe? :o
Ash nazg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatuluk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

Offline 15badcats

« Reply #43 on: December 31, 2014, 11:17:49 AM »
I ordered 2 WNW kits 11-20-14 and they are still held at customssince 12-2 according to tracking I ordered the Felixstowe 12-18 and received it yesterday I live in the US How long will they hold a shipment? Will I get this eventually?

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #44 on: December 31, 2014, 01:41:49 PM »
Sorry to hear of your order being held over by customs, I presume you will get it eventually.

With the enormous amount of kits and accessories I buy from overseas I have never had an issue with items being held at customs. The only trouble I had was a parcel was sent to me from Europe with sample products, it was stopped at customs and returned to sender because it containd a dangerous substance (decal set solution). Stupid thing is though, it was flown all the way from Europe to Australia, then stopped and put back onto another aeroplane and flown back to Europe, if it was so dangerous why put it on another plane??? really makes me wonder sometimes.

Des.