Author Topic: New Zealand post tracking is it reliable  (Read 6496 times)

Offline the great waldo

Re: New Zealand post tracking is it reliable
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2014, 10:44:11 PM »
Hi All

The Salmson turned up this morning, a bit squashed (maybe wingnuts could put an extra strip of cardboard into the sides of the boxes between the kit box and the packing box to increase the rigidity a bit. the boxes are a work of art in themselves and i'm sure the collectors amongst us would be grateful for it) Nod and a wink to Dave Johnson who has to put up with all us fussy sods. A plus point was the customs let it through with no extra charges.

All the best

Andrew

Offline PrzemoL

• There was Eru... and he made first the Ainur...
    • Przemysław Litewka
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2014, 11:00:32 PM »
W.12 has just come! Though I will not touch it before Christmas Eve ;) (confiscated by my beloved wife)
Anyway, the NZ Post tracking still has it as an unknown parcel!!! Quite contrary to it, I could follow this parcel footsteps on the Polish Post website!
As for the Felixstowe, it was apparently shipped, as per WNW email, on Dec 16th. Still no sign of it though, at either NZ or Polish tracking system.

The bad news on W.12 was that I had to pay the customs ransom - 23% VAT and a small manipulation fee, all together 81PLN (about 25USD). I asked at the customs office what is the deal, that some WNW kits pass unnoticed, some are stopped. I got an answer that the limiting value is 44 PLN (about 14USD) of VAT. This makes the limiting WNW kit price at about 60USD. So actually all the kits should be stopped. But not all are in fact! For instance, last Christmas I had to pay for DH.9 and had not to pay for Salmson, both orders were spaced by a couple of days! Now I wonder what will happen to the huge and pricy Felixstowe...
Ash nazg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatuluk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

Michael Scarborough

« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2014, 04:39:26 AM »
Well....according to the NZ Post tracking, mine was picked up at WnW on the 16th and only left N Zed today.  I cannot imagine how long it will take to clear customs in NYC. I wonder if there is a busier P.O. in the world then here at this time of year? No worries. Apparently, there is to be a W.12 under the tree on Christmas morning for me.

Woo Hoo and Ho Ho Ho.

Cheers,
Michael

Offline eclarson

« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2014, 05:20:06 AM »
I received the ship notice for my Felixstowe on 12/17.  Tracking shows only that it was picked up and on it's way to a NZ Post Depot on 12/18 (keeping in mind it is now 12/20 in NZ).
They're probably overwhelmed by the sudden influx of piles of really huge boxes!     :)

I didn't expect it to make it to Ohio by Christmas so no worries.  Just glad it's on its way.

Cheers,
Eric

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2014, 06:22:24 AM »
My Felixstowe was picked up at 10.31 on the 18th, then it said that no tracking was available, then it was back to picked up on the 18th, today it is still showing picked up and it is now the 20th, makes me wonder where it really is.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline eclarson

« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2014, 06:56:26 AM »
My Felixstowe was picked up at 10.31 on the 18th, then it said that no tracking was available, then it was back to picked up on the 18th, today it is still showing picked up and it is now the 20th, makes me wonder where it really is.

Des.

Who'd have thought a Felixstowe could be so stealthy.  :)   

Eric

Offline eindecker

• The penultimate word in scale modeling since 1956
    • Models In Scale
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2014, 07:00:30 AM »
The mysteries of the postal systems, foreign and domestic, are certainly beyond the ken of mortal logic. Wingnuts Wings sends it out. It goes into the Postal System. Sometime later, it exits the Postal System and a little yellow card is deposited in my box which I quickly exchange for a very large box and do the happy dance.
Michael Scott
Author of "The Q Fragments" http://Http://theqfragments.com & Amazon for paperback and Kindle.

Offline stevie g

« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2014, 10:15:35 AM »
My order was listed as "picked up" on the 16/12 and as of the 19/12 is listed as " left New Zealand " so at least it is on the move and in the air. I suppose there is a very slim chance I may receive it before 25/12, but I don't really mind waiting till after Christmas, I feel sorry for those who haven't had shipping confirmation yet as they will likely have to wait perhapse a month or so till WNW reopen

Offline eclarson

« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2014, 12:13:14 PM »
The mysteries of the postal systems, foreign and domestic, are certainly beyond the ken of mortal logic. Wingnuts Wings sends it out. It goes into the Postal System. Sometime later, it exits the Postal System and a little yellow card is deposited in my box which I quickly exchange for a very large box and do the happy dance.

Yup, that about sums it up!  :-)

Eric

Offline fredjocko

« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2014, 02:30:35 PM »
My order was listed as "picked up" on the 16/12 and as of the 19/12 is listed as " left New Zealand " so at least it is on the move and in the air. I suppose there is a very slim chance I may receive it before 25/12, but I don't really mind waiting till after Christmas, I feel sorry for those who haven't had shipping confirmation yet as they will likely have to wait perhapse a month or so till WNW reopen

Mine says it was picked up 16/12 and that's it. When I put the tracking number in the US Postal tracker it says no such number. I told my wife this could be my Christmas present and that is what she did. I guess I'll have to wrap a picture so I have something to open. The nice thing is I wouldn't probably start it immediately; but it would be nice to fondle it.

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2014, 07:02:59 AM »
My Felixstowe was Picked up at 10.31am on the 18/12/14 and left NZ at 9.15am on the 21/12/14 (today), so at least there is movement and a good chance I will have the kit before Christmas.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2014, 07:11:08 AM »
Good Grief!, the way you Guys are buying these She'll be sold out when WNW returns to work! I'm really looking forward to following some Build Threads, should be some interesting stuff happening real soon! :o ???
Hope they all arrive OK.
Cheers,
Lance

Offline 15badcats

« Reply #27 on: December 22, 2014, 05:02:14 AM »
How long does US customs generally hold things I've got two WNW kits that have been on hold since 12-2 and it still says held for clearence Also my Felixstowe was sent last week but the tracking shows that its been in customs since 12-2 So hopefully I'll get them someday I've never had it take more than 10 days to get my WNW kits I'm on the west coast in Oregon so I think they come through LA

Offline uncletony

• Aircraft In Pixels
« Reply #28 on: December 22, 2014, 06:25:00 AM »
How long does US customs generally hold things I've got two WNW kits that have been on hold since 12-2 and it still says held for clearence Also my Felixstowe was sent last week but the tracking shows that its been in customs since 12-2 So hopefully I'll get them someday I've never had it take more than 10 days to get my WNW kits I'm on the west coast in Oregon so I think they come through LA

Lately the orders I've placed have sailed thru customs -- just 1 or two days max, but who knows...

Try putting the number in the USPS tracker and see if it says the same thing.

Offline ermeio

« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2014, 09:15:24 AM »
Well, now I feel a little in hassle
Out of two orders I received one parcel, but the other one today is reported as "delivered" on 18/12 - the very same day. But I did not receive it.
I'll file my complaint with the postal service tomorrow morning....