Author Topic: Radiation  (Read 3333 times)

Offline Cimmerian

Re: Radiation
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2014, 06:06:39 PM »
Wishing you the very best from Southern England. Glad you're throught the first part and ready to get on with things.
Regards, Ken

It's not worth doing something unless someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren't doing it.”

Offline eindecker

• The penultimate word in scale modeling since 1956
    • Models In Scale
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2015, 02:32:39 PM »
Update: Today, in Seattle, I had radioactive seed implant surgery, or as I like to refer to it "Precision micro-nuclear air strike". It went well. I was gratified to learn it would be "lights out" for me during the procedure. During my initial chat with the anethesiologist in the OR I somehow warped right through to the recovery room. I'm resting and doing pretty well. We plan to be home on Saturday at which time I must clean off and get my modeling bench organized. Therapy, you know.

The only really bad news from my doctor is that I will need to forego applicaitons of the modelers Scotish fortification elixihr for a few months. I expect my build speed will increase somewhat but I will miss out on a few subtle modeling insights.
Michael Scott
Author of "The Q Fragments" http://Http://theqfragments.com & Amazon for paperback and Kindle.

Offline eindecker

• Models In Scale
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2015, 02:44:02 PM »
Seriously, I will be radioactive for a while. The seeds have a 17 half-life. So, no one sitting on my lap for a few weeks. Fortunately, our kids are now adults and we're waiting on grandkids (hint, hint) so no worries there.

Oh, were you referring to my glowiing personality?
Michael Scott
Author of "The Q Fragments" http://Http://theqfragments.com & Amazon for paperback and Kindle.

Offline Cimmerian

« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2015, 05:30:51 PM »
Good to hear it's going well. Wishing you a speedy recovery and in the meantime, enjoy life as a glowstick. :)
Regards, Ken

It's not worth doing something unless someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren't doing it.”

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2015, 06:54:33 PM »
Good to hear that all went well for you, hope your recovery is speedy.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline IFF1418

« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2015, 07:31:05 PM »
I am very glad to hear that you are fine and the way you look at it is fantastic. I wish you all the best and a lot of modeling happiness!  ;)

Kind regards
Patrick

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2015, 12:19:28 AM »
Eindecker,
     That's the spirit! Pardon the immediate shift to the other kind of spirit, the Scottish elixir, but the good news is it will age longer during your penance period, think of how good it will be two or three months hence! 8) Once your Modelling desk is cleaned up and organised you can get right at it, can't think of better therapy.........
Cheers,
Lance

Offline Nigel Jackson

« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2015, 07:41:21 AM »
It's so good to hear that things are going well, Eindekker. Here's to a speedy recovery.

With my very best wishes
Nigel

Offline Ernie

• "Once more into the breach"
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2015, 09:14:42 AM »
Wishing you a speedy recovery and bright future, Eindecker. :)

Cheers,
Ernie :)
The new old guy, take two...

WarrenD

« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2015, 09:46:57 AM »
It's so great to hear some good news, I'm truly happy for you. Glad you can use your past-time as some therapy, but bummer about the elixir. Oh well, can't have it all, huh?

Warren

Offline lone modeller

« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2015, 03:48:28 AM »
Great news to hear that you are on the road to recovery. When you clean up the bench you can leave a space ready for the glass.

Hope you do not glow so much that you will not need a lamp in the evenings…..

Offline Ollie

« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2015, 01:34:29 PM »
Sorry to hear about your diagnosis, glad about your prognosis. Not to steal your thread but I too am a Prostrate Cancer suvivor, free for almost 8 years now. Lucky to have early detection (40 yrs old) removal and no dysfunction or problems to date. I know you'll recover well and at the modeling desk in no time. Just wished I found out sooner and I would have tried to meet you when you were in Seattle, I'm just west of there across the Sound.  Oh well maybe another time, take care.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 12:59:16 PM by Ollie »

Offline iwik

« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2015, 06:31:08 PM »
Hi!
Good luck to you!
Model on!
Ciao
IWik

Offline eindecker

• Models In Scale
« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2015, 01:43:08 AM »
Thanks, everyone, for your kind comments and support. It seems the recovery is worse than the treatment, but I think I'm out of the woods on that score. I'm slowly returning to normal, whatever that may be. We have been going through some very cold and snowy spells here in Colorado at 7000' near the Sangre de Cristo mountains. Our house was originally built in the 1890s and not as well insultated as a new one would be. Not having a spray booth, this puts a damper on my airbrush work. I am at the point where I should be painting the major assemblies on the Roland C.II but, frankly, it's been too damn cold. I may move ahead and just brush paint everything. No progress over the last week.

Sorry to hear about your diagnosis, glad about your prognosis. Not to steal your thread but I too am a Prostrate Cancer suvivor, free for almost 8 years now. Lucky to have early detection (40 yrs old) removal and no dysfunction or problems to date. I know you'll recover well and at the modeling desk in no time. Just wished I found out sooner and I would have tried to meet you when you were in Seattle, I'm just west of there across the Sound.  Oh well maybe another time, take care.

Ollie: Glad to hear from another cancer survivor. Early detection was good and I congratulate you on your successful procedure. Too many urologists are not up to date on modern treatment methods and are not sufficiently competent surgeons to do that without issues. I don't know if we will need to return to Seattle, although I really like the area and practically live in sushi joints there. If so, I will definitely give you a shout and we can get together for a chat. You all do have coffee shops in Seattle, yes? (lol)
Michael Scott