Author Topic: Radiation  (Read 3390 times)

Offline eindecker

• The penultimate word in scale modeling since 1956
    • Models In Scale
Radiation
« on: December 16, 2014, 04:01:19 PM »
I mentioned this before in a different thread (unintentional hijack) that I'm having radiation treatments for prostate cancer. (For any of you who have or are interested in the real deal with this - DON"T do anything rash before you understand your options. Contact me, and/or read my blog: amanandhiscancer.blogspot.com)

Anyway, tomorrw is my last of 25 radiation treatments. I get to go home, rest and get my modeling workbench back into shape after working on a small table at the guest house across the street from the hospital. I'll continue with the Roland C.iI

In mid January, I go to Seattle, WA and have teeny, radioactive bits of metal (they call them "seeds", but let's get real about the details. We're modelers, after all.) implanted to finally kill that little alien sucker dead, then I'm pretty much done. i think i'll be about ready for that Felixstowe by then. LOL....

Thanks to all of you who have sent me good wishes.

Now, don't panic. Model on...
Michael Scott
Author of "The Q Fragments" http://Http://theqfragments.com & Amazon for paperback and Kindle.

Offline jknaus

Re: Radiation
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2014, 05:06:26 PM »
Wishing you all the best and hope they eradicate it. In my thoughts and prayers. Now get on with the modeling :)
James

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2014, 05:26:04 PM »
Wishing you all the very best throughout your treatment, not a pleasant experience to have to endure.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline Nigel Jackson

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2014, 05:53:13 PM »
It's good to hear that one stage of your treatment is coming to an end and you will be able to return home, but my thoughts are very much with you as you enter the next.

Best wishes
Nigel

Offline Ernie

• "Once more into the breach"
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2014, 08:30:41 PM »
My best wishes for a full recovery, Eindecker.

Cheers,
Ernie:)
The new old guy, take two...

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2014, 02:18:31 AM »
So glad to read that your in the final stages of killing the little bastard, Michael.  Best wishes for a full and speedy recovery and I look forward to seeing that C.II completed.
Cheers,
Bud
« Last Edit: December 17, 2014, 02:48:18 AM by coyotemagic »
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2014, 02:37:04 AM »
Michael, I'm going out in the next few minutes to have lunch with an old flying buddy who has just, hopefully, successfully  completed the same journey as you. He's been given a great report and has beaten the evil monster, as are you. Keep kicking ass, you've proved that you certainly have "the right stuff" and I'd fly your wing anytime!
Cheers,
Lance

Michael Scarborough

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2014, 03:43:49 AM »
Well, to be frank, when you mentioned having "seeds implanted", I have to admit that certain portions of my specifically male anatomy shrunk. Wish it could be that easy with the prostate.

Best of luck with the continued treatment and, indeed, your Felixstowe will most likely be ready for you to tear into with renewed vigor!

Cheers from NYC,
Michal

Offline uncletony

• Aircraft In Pixels
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2014, 04:10:47 AM »
Eindecker, glad to hear this part of your ordeal is winding up. Best wishes for many years battling only the carpet monster.

Offline ermeio

« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2014, 05:42:09 AM »
Best luck,Michael
Er me

Offline sodium

• SPA48 chante et combat
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2014, 03:23:30 AM »
Eindecker, I wish you the best.
philippe

Offline IFF1418

« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2014, 04:58:50 AM »
I wish you the very best Eindecker and  a speedy recovery from the bottom of my heart!

Kind regards
Patrick

WarrenD

« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2014, 10:12:02 PM »
Prayers and positive thoughts for you sir.

Warren

Online RAGIII

« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2014, 04:39:38 AM »
It is good to hear that you have come through the first phase of your treatment and are going home! Keep kicking Ass and my prayers are with you!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline eindecker

• The penultimate word in scale modeling since 1956
    • Models In Scale
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2014, 07:16:16 AM »
Thanks again, everyone. Your support means a lot. I'm optimistic and there is always Plan B, C and D if it comes to that.

My Felixstowe hasn't landed yet. I'm hoping for Monday.
Michael Scott
Author of "The Q Fragments" http://Http://theqfragments.com & Amazon for paperback and Kindle.