Author Topic: black chrome - what is this colour?  (Read 1257 times)

Offline lone modeller

black chrome - what is this colour?
« on: October 12, 2014, 07:34:36 AM »
Evening All,
I have a friend who has posed a question which I am simply unable to answer (surprised?). He is building an Aviatik Ber C1 trainer and is trying to find out what the colour scheme should be. It is an Austro-Hungarian machine and on a website he has come across the following description: "Rust, medium green, willow green and black chrome" for the colours.

Can anyone tell us what "black chrome" is supposed to mean? I wonder if it is supposed to be black with a silvery sheen but I really do not know and I am not very knowledgeable about AH colour schemes.

Any comments or help would be most welcome. Thank you for any advice that you may be able to offer.

firechief

Re: black chrome - what is this colour?
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2014, 08:20:24 AM »
It may be available out of the bottle from other manufacturers, but it's a Testors ModelMaster paint color #2735

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2014, 08:48:44 AM »
Alclad also has the Black Chrome in a lacquer, I have seen the results of this colour being sprayed and it looks quite spectacular.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline lone modeller

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2014, 02:21:10 AM »
Thanks very much for the prompt replies gentlemen. I knew that someone here would be able to provide the answer - it reflects what a great site this really is.