Author Topic: Joystick Phonix!  (Read 6721 times)

Offline NinetythirdLiberator

Re: Joystick Phonix!
« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2014, 06:16:17 AM »
Thanks, Lance...that means a lot coming from someone like you. 

Much appreciated.

Dive in!  Build a vac  ;D

Dan

Offline NinetythirdLiberator

« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2014, 02:41:51 PM »
ALL DONE!!!  :D :D

Only trouble is that the digital camera and my wife's nice macro lens leave nothing to the imagination!  Who on earth worked on that radiator?  Not Teutonic workmanship is all I can say... ;)  I'm glad it's done and it looks great on the shelf.  Can't even tell it's a vac.

Thanks for looking (finished area) and all the encouragement.

Dan

Offline PrzemoL

• There was Eru... and he made first the Ainur...
    • Przemysław Litewka
« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2014, 05:59:27 PM »
Lovely work on this model, Dan. Very fine paint and shading.
But could you bring some details on the colour scheme? I do not remember this pattern.

Thanks, everyone...

Prezemol:  This scheme is based on (the shape of the demarcations anyway) a photo of D-IIIs on the assembly line at the end of the war.  From what I could gather, they were either light tan (linen?) with either grey or green or brown camo over top.  I know the late D-IIIs were overall grey so I just thought it likely they were all grey with some other camo color for war time.  I just liked the way the two grey colors looked so I went with those.  I also saw at least one painted profile where the author noted that his two-tone brown should have been two-tone greys. 

So this is my best guess and what I think looked aesthetically pleasing.  I doubt it's historically accurate and it's not a model of a specific aircraft or group... :(

I hope this helps... :)

Dan

Thanks Dan. Historical or not, your choice seems to be well founded. Once again, congratulations!
Ash nazg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatuluk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.