Author Topic: Bitten by Squirrel  (Read 3097 times)

Offline uncletony

• Aircraft In Pixels
Re: Bitten by Squirrel
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2014, 05:38:50 AM »

Offline Vickers

« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2014, 01:42:59 PM »
Got your message, Steve.  Already posted this image on another thread... but if the one that got you looked like this one, then there's no shame in it- they have a reputation for excellence in the attack:
Bruno: "How many rules are there?"

Willi: "I don't know... none of zem have ever been written down."

Offline Steven Robson

« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2014, 08:08:08 PM »
Captain Varmint: Dawn Raid in Flagstaff Arizona

Thanks Vickers, how cute, I see you're also a fan of the little furry fellows. ;D 
« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 08:25:39 PM by Steven Robson »
Make Otto your motto for lovely spoked wheels.

Offline Vickers

« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2014, 03:55:53 AM »
Sure thing, Steven! I just wanted to ensure that you were aware of their markings so that you can keep an eye out for them in the event they're ever deployed to your sector.  I hope you're healing well and rapidly.
Bruno: "How many rules are there?"

Willi: "I don't know... none of zem have ever been written down."

Offline AROTH

« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2014, 12:49:46 PM »
Hope this can ease your mind somewhat.

From SquirrelNutrition.com website:

"I've decided to take various subjects that I'm asked about on a regular basis, and write a BLOG about them. That way I can refer people to my BLOG answers much like a website will have a "Frequently Asked Questions" page. I have an ulterior motive in this in that BLOG material gets picked up by the search engines and gives me lots of back links to my site whenever people do searches on topics such as, "Do Squirrels Carry Rabies.

Now to the question. Again, the short answer is "No" squirrels do not carry rabies. Now, if the question were asked, "Can squirrels get rabies?," the answer would be "Yes," however their chances of contracting it is slim to none. In order for a squirrel to get rabies, it would have to hang around with animals that are common carriers. And that just doesn't happen. Many of the animals that would carry rabies are arch enemies of squirrels, and they avoid them like the plague. Plus, a squirrel is so quick at evasion and with 180 degree vision, the chances of them being bitten by a rabid animal are very remote. Most animals that carry rabies, if they ever got hold of a squirrel would more than likely kill it, so there would end the possibility of it carrying and transmitting the disease.

When people come to the Emergency Room with a squirrel bite, it is one of the few bites that does not trigger a rabies vaccine protocol. An interesting note that I've experienced over the years is that I have been bitten by squirrels numerous times, and I have never had a squirrel bite get infected!"

Yes, you still have many modeling days ahead of you......... 8)

Offline Steven Robson

« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2014, 04:53:43 PM »
Thanks AROTH

Yes, that’s reassuring, I’d like a few more modelling years up my sleave.  I must say, the only participant peanut at the party on the balcony with wild red eyes and a foaming mouth was me, and not Mr Hello Darling. I attribute this to the duty free Scotch and not to a case of rabies.

Australia has very strict quarantine laws.

I suppose the Feds figured it was cheaper to pay for my shots rather than pension me off and make me stay in Bali (on permanent holidays).  The Balinese are identifying their squirrels as rabies carriers.  I’ve never seen a Balinese squirrel hanging out with dogs or monkeys.  But I’m happy to not take the risks.

After all, I do need an excuse to justify to the wife why I’ve started hoarding all those WnW kits.  ;D

Must go, I have an urge to go and bite some more Koalas.

p.s.  For a deep bite, I’m also surprised (and pleased) that it hasn’t got infected.

Awwwh, please tell Uncle Steven to stop biting me, it hurts.

« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 05:12:39 PM by Steven Robson »

Offline bobs_buckles

• Freedom isn't free.
    • Bobs Buckles
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2014, 08:06:38 PM »

https://www.bobsbuckles.co.uk/

Last Minute Man Of Faith

Offline Steven Robson

« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2014, 09:18:31 PM »
OK Von Buckles, if you keep producing work like this, I may have to promote you to Head of Advertising.

Just keep the vermin little darlings heading towards Spoked Wheel Shop and Uncle Steven will give you some cheese.

Injection number 6 today and all fingers working.  I'm ready to dawn raid the piggy banks of Pennsylvania.

OK Mike, it's time to pay the Piper or you'll never see them again. (Oh that is really, really, naughty)  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

Two more injections to go.  ::)

Addition: 13 Aug 2014, Thanks Mike  :)  Viva Pennsylvania!   

« Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 05:44:26 AM by Steven Robson »