Author Topic: Lone Star Model's FE-8  (Read 2562 times)

Online RAGIII

Re: Lone Star Model's FE-8
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2014, 10:05:32 AM »
One thing is certain, I am glad I don't have to judge a contest  between the two FE8s posted here  8)
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2014, 11:45:30 AM »
Thank-you all for the very kind comments , very much appreciated !  :)

Bud , I wish I keep my build photo's . The thread on Aeroscale those photo's are long gone and I could no find my build thread on the Aerodrome . Photo's for that thread should still be there ...I think .

Prez , I would love to see you build this kite in 72 scale . If I ever get the chance I would like to give it a whirl in this scale .

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline kornbeef

• U.K. Carpet monster genocide squad leader.
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2014, 03:06:13 PM »
Terri I remember watching the journey as you built this and wondered at the time if it really was worth the effort you put into the reconstruction of much of it. I tell you now It was.

Keith
Never too old to learn sumfink noo

Offline radio

« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2014, 10:51:56 PM »
A very nice diorama and stunning build.
Martin

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2014, 10:21:31 AM »
Thanks Keith and Martin  :)

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2014, 10:50:03 AM »
Bud , I wish I keep my build photo's . The thread on Aeroscale those photo's are long gone and I could no find my build thread on the Aerodrome . Photo's for that thread should still be there ...I think .
Found 'em, T!  Long thread, 3 parts!
http://www.theaerodrome.com/forum/models/46752-lone-star-models-fe-8-1-48-scale.html
http://www.theaerodrome.com/forum/models/51006-fe-8-1-48-scale-part-two.html
http://www.theaerodrome.com/forum/models/51635-fe-8-1-48-scale-part-3-a.html
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Online RAGIII

« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2014, 11:09:04 AM »
Wow,
It seems like a thousand years ago when we actually all shared our builds and modeling on the Drome. Funny but I am sort of glad things went west there because THIS FORUM is really better for our purposes, JMHO, of course!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline ALBATROS1234

« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2014, 01:36:24 PM »
favorite t build of all time,  also my favorite allied pusher. been trying to get my hands on the lone star kit but its kinda rare. i have a few lone star kits including a vickers fb-12c vac but just havent been able to find one. i thought aeroclub was gonna do one? guess its not gonna happen.

Offline NinetythirdLiberator

« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2014, 12:30:58 PM »
Geez...it's the Terri show on Completed Models!  Another beauty.  I do think I remember it, but it's lovely to see again!

Dan

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2014, 10:09:03 PM »
Wow Bud , I can't believe you actually found the build thread ! Thank-you for taking the time on doing this . Was nice to re-read it and go over the steps I took .

True that Rick  :)

Scott , it is a hard to find even on e-bay . I still got one left in the stash and will be building it just with more detail added to it . I have the Vickers FB-12c as well , sadly though not a lot of info out there on that type  .

Thanks Dan  :)

Terri
« Last Edit: June 21, 2014, 09:44:09 AM by Terri »
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline Chris Johnson

« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2014, 12:38:50 AM »
What a beauty Terri! I love those pushers but haven't worked up the nerve to tackle one yet.

Cheers,

Chris
You can have it good; You can have it fast; you can have it cheap. Pick any two, but all three are impossible.

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2014, 10:04:58 AM »
Thanks Chris ! Pushers aren't as bad as one thinks . I thought it was going to be a challenge and fight me all the way , but it was rather easy actual once I got going , then again I also had a lot of support behind me  :) Give one a try Chris , lot's of folks here for encouragement  :)

Bud posted Ed's build on this kit and he did a fantastic job !
http://forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com/index.php?topic=3611.0

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline ALBATROS1234

« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2014, 05:06:45 PM »
i have some stuff on the vickers fb-12c so remind me when you think about starting it and i can see about getting you the info.also if you decide to sell the fe8 i would be interested, or that toms pfalz d.viii. haha yeah like you would part with a pfalz. i may just end up scratching the fe8 when i get motivated. i have been messing with a bunch of vacs,scratches and such.

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2014, 05:41:57 AM »
Thanks for the offer Scott . I was thinking about this being my next pusher for the start of this winters project . Yeah -I'm not parting with the Pfalz D.VII/III . That was a very hard kit to come by . There is a vac kit of this type as well . Tom's has a resin and vac . Have you tried looking for the vac kit ?

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline mgunns

« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2014, 01:56:23 AM »
Hello Terri:

I remember following on this when you were building it.  Outstanding work!  Thanks for posting on this forum.

Best

Mark
Mark

We few, we happy few.....