Author Topic: Have you ever done something realllly dumb?  (Read 5470 times)

Offline ALBATROS1234

Re: Have you ever done something realllly dumb?
« Reply #45 on: August 11, 2014, 02:02:44 AM »
yeah edo , i remember you and your fantastic builds from years back.

Offline Wolf

• The challenge is in the scale
« Reply #46 on: September 10, 2014, 06:46:49 PM »
I currently build the Heinkel He 100 V-8. I enhanced the cockpit with a lot of scratchbuild parts. I had the option to glue the cockpit section into one fuelage half and then glue the halfes together or glue the cockpit section at top of the wing section an then glue the whole wing section to fuselage.
I decided to do it in the second way. Glued the fusalge halfes together and then glued the wing section, which fitted perfectly,  to the fuselage and set it aside for drying.
The next day, when I came back to the workbench I looked into the fuselage and thought "that looks very empty"
The next thing I saw was my Cockpit section, still sitting on my cutting plate and waiting to be glued on top of the wing section.

I had to break of the complete wings section again to get the cockpit section into the fuselage.
A model thrives on its overall impression and not on that every little disagreement over the original is hyped up as a disaster

Offline nmroberto

« Reply #47 on: September 26, 2014, 06:47:11 AM »
One of my better ones was knocking over a bottle of liquid cement on a sheet of decals.  I apparently didn't realize that I hadn't screwed the cap on after using.     Didn't do the decals any good at all.
Robert

Offline ondra

« Reply #48 on: September 26, 2014, 05:21:45 PM »
One example from my side - if you drop your modelling knife, just let it hit the floor. It is not a good idea at all trying to catch it in the flight between your knees.

Offline Wolf

• The challenge is in the scale
« Reply #49 on: September 26, 2014, 11:05:22 PM »
outsch..... :'(
A model thrives on its overall impression and not on that every little disagreement over the original is hyped up as a disaster

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #50 on: September 27, 2014, 11:07:39 AM »
One example from my side - if you drop your modelling knife, just let it hit the floor. It is not a good idea at all trying to catch it in the flight between your knees.

I have actually done that one too! Not a fun experience!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #51 on: September 27, 2014, 11:18:24 AM »
Last time I dropped my scalpel I remembered not to catch it between my knees, but my naked foot took the full force of it falling with not very pleasant results.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline nmroberto

« Reply #52 on: September 30, 2014, 12:27:10 AM »
Last time I dropped my scalpel I remembered not to catch it between my knees, but my naked foot took the full force of it falling with not very pleasant results.

Des.

Do you still have 10 toes?   
Robert