Author Topic: first attempt WNW DH.2  (Read 4701 times)

Offline FIREFOX1

Re: first attempt WNW DH.2
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2013, 10:10:25 AM »
Hi, well I have really messed up the bottom wing, I drilled in the eyelets, first problem is how far out dose the eyelet itself protrude from the surface, mine are all different heights, this is due to the depth of the holes I tried to drill out, once I go them in, I painted the wing and it looked ok. then I noticed that some how, some of the eyelets had snapped off, leaving minute stumps, and the one that had remained in place, are now clogged up. do I strip the pain off, I can use Acetone free Nail polish removers ( my wife's not mine, just thought id put that in) but who to I deal with the broken eyelets....... messed up here good!!!!!

« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 08:25:52 PM by FIREFOX1 »
‘I hate to shoot a Hun down without him seeing me, for although this method is in accordance with my doctrine, it is against what little sporting instincts I have left.’ (James McCudden, VC, RFC, 1917).

Offline Ernie

• "Once more into the breach"
« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2013, 11:16:52 AM »
Don't panic, Firefox...colours can be changed and as for the eyelets, I had trouble
with them plugged up with CA glue.  A combination of a teeny drill bit, I think in my
case it was a 0.03mm, together with an ordinary sewing needle opened them up
again.  As for the broken ones, I would think that all you have to do is make sure
the stub is flush with the wing, then carefully drill a new hole.  Nothing to it, my friend! ;) :D

Cheers,
Ernie :)
The new old guy, take two...

Offline mc65

« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2014, 10:54:13 PM »
well....

I faced with the same trouble with the same kit... since then, I decided to pre-drill the holes before painting, then after the painting work, glue the eyelets.

to clean them, and also to attain the same height referred to the wing surface, I found useful some acupuncture needles. they are flexible, very elastic, and, well, pointed! ;)