Author Topic: Blue Max 1/48 scale Phonix D.I  (Read 6291 times)

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
Blue Max 1/48 scale Phonix D.I
« on: October 03, 2013, 07:15:52 AM »
Finished this one yesterday.  Mistakes too numerous to point out, so I'll leave it to you.  It was a fun, quick and easy build and that's what I was after.

And finally, my fledgling Dual Monarchy fleet.

Thanks for dropping by, my friends.
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
Re: Blue Max 1/48 scale Phonix D.I
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2013, 07:32:52 AM »
You have done an excellent job Bud, the overall finish is superd and the scheme very striking. The Phonix D.I is not the prettiest aeroplane ever build but you have certainly made it look really special, congratulations and well done.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline coyotemagic

• My Models
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2013, 07:58:39 AM »
Thanks, Des!  I would actually love to see this bus kitted in 1/32 scale.  In the hands of such large scale masters as yourself, it would be a very striking model.
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline uncletony

• Aircraft In Pixels
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2013, 09:49:53 AM »
Bud, I would point out the numerous mistakes, except I can't seem to find them. (Rats!$

She's a beauty and looks great among her cohorts! Looking forward to whatever is next...

And yeah, this would be cool to see in 1/32...

Offline Zabu

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2013, 10:23:14 AM »
Hi Bud. Very nice Phonix.

Great overall looking. The wood and rib effect are quite convencing along with that beautiful scheme.

Nice add to your collection.

Cheers

Offline rhallinger

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2013, 11:26:35 AM »
No words to do justice Bud.  I just love this model!  You've done a great job with her. ;D.

Regards,

Bob

Offline coyotemagic

• My Models
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2013, 11:42:29 AM »
Bud, I would point out the numerous mistakes, except I can't seem to find them. (Rats!$

She's a beauty and looks great among her cohorts! Looking forward to whatever is next...

Can't seem 'em 'cause I used trick photography.  This is what she looks like without the filters, smoke and mirrors.

Cheers,
Bud

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2013, 11:48:07 AM »

Can't seem 'em 'cause I used trick photography.  This is what she looks like without the filters, smoke and mirrors.

Cheers,
Bud

Bud, First after I stopped Laughing,I looked myself for the errors. Well Damn, I can't find them either. That is a lovely build, wood, CDL, Red and white Markings, a beautiful scheme and execution of same!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline coyotemagic

• My Models
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2013, 11:54:14 AM »
Hi Bud. Very nice Phonix.

Great overall looking. The wood and rib effect are quite convencing along with that beautiful scheme.

Nice add to your collection.

Cheers
Thank you, Paulo.  Greatly appreciated, my friend.
Cheers,
Bud

Offline coyotemagic

• My Models
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2013, 11:56:59 AM »
No words to do justice Bud.  I just love this model!  You've done a great job with her. ;D.

Regards,

Bob
Thanks, Bob!  So, when are you going to scratch build one in 1/32 scale?  You know that the minute you do, Special Hobby will release one and you'll be a hero to all the 32nd scale guys.
Cheers,
Bud

Offline coyotemagic

• My Models
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2013, 11:59:47 AM »
Rick!  You can't see 'em either?  Well, then, I'm concerned about your eyesight and our chances in the Team GB!  Seriously, thanks, buddy.  Have you started your Fokker yet?
Cheers,
Bud

Offline Rob Hart

« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2013, 12:22:08 PM »
No errors visible to me either. It is an excellent model. I was impressed enough by your build photos to order one of the Blue Max Phonix kits from Freightdog Models.

Offline coyotemagic

• My Models
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2013, 12:27:30 PM »
Thanks, Rob, and good on you for the Blue Max purchase.  I know you'll enjoy it.  I look forward to seeing your rendition.
Cheers,
Bud

Offline kornbeef

• U.K. Carpet monster genocide squad leader.
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2013, 04:31:09 PM »
It's a lovely build. the thing about mistakes is that you know they are they are there and stick out like sore thumbs but others just don't see em.  She looks a beautifully turned out build to me.

Yes I'd love to see this and others like it produced in 1/32nd too. The thing is with the main manufacturer in 1/32nd in our genre (name withheld for no real reason) is you just never know what's coming.  :o

Keith
Never too old to learn sumfink noo

Offline IFF1418

« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2013, 04:41:38 PM »
Hello Bud,

Wonderfull painting as always. Lovely plane. I love all the builds you do!

Patrick