Author Topic: Latest acquisition in your collection  (Read 356351 times)

Bughunter

Re: Latest acquisition in your collection
« Reply #2220 on: February 02, 2021, 03:44:29 AM »
Thank you for the link Andreas! I own that kit too, so I downloaded a lot of pictures.
I found there also this great picture:

Cheers,
Frank

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #2221 on: February 02, 2021, 11:10:50 PM »
Thanks Andreas for sharing the info  :)

Alexis
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline Monty

« Reply #2222 on: March 14, 2021, 04:28:06 AM »
These two kits have eventually landed in South Africa... After the news that WNW was no more over a year ago, I saw that two WNW kits were still available at the big H in UK... and a friend of mine who did periodic visits here (He is known as a Swallow in SA but would be a Snowbird in Germany...) was persuaded to bring me some... but Covid intervened, and these sat in the UK... but were eventually couriered here in desperation... Heigh, Ho, now I have to live to 125 years old...

Regards,

Marc

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #2223 on: March 16, 2021, 11:11:34 AM »
Nice find Marc  :)

Alexis
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Bughunter

« Reply #2224 on: March 18, 2021, 08:08:28 AM »
Oh yes, very nice! The upper box sounds kind of familiar, even though I don't own a WNW at all.

Cheers,
Frank

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #2225 on: April 07, 2021, 12:09:58 AM »
Nice grab Marc ! I have been talking about this for a while and thanks to My Old Friend Ira Campbell I have finally taken the plunge  ::) Inside the box I found a bit extra in that he included the TOKO kit also! My thoughts are What am I Thinking  ;D These are so TINY!
RAGIII

"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Stuart Malone

« Reply #2226 on: April 07, 2021, 04:27:10 AM »
I've built both the Flashback and the Toko.  Throw the Toko in the parts bin and build the Flashback.  If you really really wanted to build two of these, still throw the Toko in the bin and go buy another Flashback.

Stuart

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #2227 on: April 07, 2021, 05:21:03 AM »
I've built both the Flashback and the Toko.  Throw the Toko in the parts bin and build the Flashback.  If you really really wanted to build two of these, still throw the Toko in the bin and go buy another Flashback.

Stuart

Thanks for the Heads up on the Toko kit. The funny thing is just looking at the parts I liked a few things better on the Toko version. I take it that fit of the struts or similar is the issue?
RAGIII

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #2228 on: April 08, 2021, 12:13:11 AM »
Nice find Rick , Flashback kits can be hard to track down .

Feels weird seeing you pick up a 72 scale kit ....for the longest time I got used to seeing build in 32 scale .

I do look forward on seeing a build log on this .  ;)

Alexis
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline Stuart Malone

« Reply #2229 on: April 08, 2021, 03:51:31 AM »

Stuart

Thanks for the Heads up on the Toko kit. The funny thing is just looking at the parts I liked a few things better on the Toko version. I take it that fit of the struts or similar is the issue?
RAGIII

I too thought the Toko would be the better kit after examining both.  I found the Flashback parts fit and assembly to be vastly superior. As far as the Toko, yes, you are correct.  The struts were the most difficult.  Some were too long, some too short, and none of them lined up properly to the wings/fuselage.  I also had a bunch of fiddling to get parts to line up and/or fit correctly.

There's several Flashback Strutters on eBay right now, two in the sub $30 range, with buy it now and free shipping.
Saw a Flashback Voisin for around $40 plus $10 in shipping.  Seems like a good price.

Stuart

Offline kkarlsen

• 'Old modeller' - Trying to catch up!
« Reply #2230 on: April 08, 2021, 04:22:56 AM »
The latest acquisition to my collection...

An in-depth look at German Navy Torpedo bombers by Michael Schmeelke.
For my insatiable appetite for Seaplanes  ;)
Recommended to me by Jack Herris...

Kent

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #2231 on: April 09, 2021, 02:25:38 AM »
Nice find Rick , Flashback kits can be hard to track down .

Feels weird seeing you pick up a 72 scale kit ....for the longest time I got used to seeing build in 32 scale .

I do look forward on seeing a build log on this .  ;)

Alexis

Like I said I have been thinking about building some 1/72nd 2 seaters for a while. I am running out of room in the display cases so I figure these are small enough to fit some in between the 1/32nd kits  8)
RAGIII

Stuart

RAGIII

I too thought the Toko would be the better kit after examining both.  I found the Flashback parts fit and assembly to be vastly superior. As far as the Toko, yes, you are correct.  The struts were the most difficult.  Some were too long, some too short, and none of them lined up properly to the wings/fuselage.  I also had a bunch of fiddling to get parts to line up and/or fit correctly.

There's several Flashback Strutters on eBay right now, two in the sub $30 range, with buy it now and free shipping.
Saw a Flashback Voisin for around $40 plus $10 in shipping.  Seems like a good price.

Stuart

That is sort of what I figured about the Toko kit! It looks as though My Old Friend Ira gave Me a great deal. $20.00 including shipping for both kits in one box  ;D
RAGIII

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #2232 on: April 09, 2021, 02:26:53 AM »
That looks like a Great book Kent!
RAGIII

Offline James

Latest acquisition in your collection
« Reply #2233 on: April 09, 2021, 10:16:51 AM »
Baptism of Fire by Alex Revell. Just thumbed through it and all I can say is WOW! Very impressive. It's even signed by Mr. Revell.

https://www.wickfordbooks.co.uk/baptismoffire/

Axes Grind and Maces Clash

Offline jknaus

« Reply #2234 on: April 23, 2021, 08:06:18 AM »
I just received a new book from Luftfahrtverlag Start called Jasta 14. A quick thumb through and WOW is it nice. Maybe the push I need to get building WWI aircraft again.

https://www.luftfahrtverlag-start.com/books/world-war-1/#cc-m-product-8224155256
Will be doing a review for another site and can post here if the admin and members wish.
James