Author Topic: Latest acquisition in your collection  (Read 361057 times)

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
Re: Latest acquisition in your collection
« Reply #60 on: August 23, 2012, 12:07:57 PM »
Gary/Chris,
   Thanks you two, hopefully I can make you my role models! I've had numerous periods of admittedly enjoyable times with not much else to do but indulge in the hobby or whatever else I please. After today (at work) I think I need some serious counselling!
As for the Customs thing, I think I'll be testing the system again real soon, will advise how it works out.
Cheers,
Lance

Offline Trackpad

« Reply #61 on: August 24, 2012, 10:56:47 AM »
Me, too. Something about a captured Sopwith Pup set of markings coming from Rowan...!

Me? A role model? Be careful what you ask for, because you just might get it!!  ;D
Cheers!
Gary

"It was an adventure, a great adventure. And, like all great adventures, we never knew where it would lead or how it would end."

Offline xmald

« Reply #62 on: August 25, 2012, 02:21:28 AM »
My latest wife angry -makers ;) :

Best regards
Filip

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #63 on: August 25, 2012, 06:48:02 AM »
That is a great selection you have there Filip, I'll be looking forward to seeing these builds, have you decided which one you are doing first?

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline xmald

« Reply #64 on: August 25, 2012, 07:24:06 PM »
Thanks Des. I haven`t decided yet which will be the first in line. I`m thinking about building Fokker EIII Eduard`s old tooling instead.
Best regards
Filip

Offline Dal Gavan

« Reply #65 on: September 11, 2012, 09:00:58 PM »
No photo's of the contents, sorry, but my latest acquisitions have made me quite chuffed.  Sorry about the quality of the photo's.

The Encore Albatros D.II.  This is an interesting kit- lots of resin, etc, and a fine figure of Boelke himself.

Italian Aces of WWI and their Aircraft.  I was lucky to find this in the US for $32.50.  Postage was more than the book- $49.90, but it was still cheaper than the only one I could find in Oz- $189.00- not including P&P.

Cheers.

Dal.

Offline xmald

« Reply #66 on: October 03, 2012, 04:55:29 AM »
Something I couldn`t resist! One less on my want list :
Best regards
Filip

Offline IanB

« Reply #67 on: October 03, 2012, 12:08:29 PM »
An interesting selection here... looking forward to seeing some of these come to fruition!
  I have just acquired 2 Tauben - (all my kits are 1:72 scale) - a Pegasus Etrich, and a Choroszy Rumpler. I have also added Omega resin kits of a Caudron G.III and Farman Shorthorn, an Ardpol Halberstadt CL.IV and a Pegasus LVG C.VI...add those to the 80 something others in the stash and I have a big decision to make for the next group build... ::)

Ian

Offline pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
« Reply #68 on: October 04, 2012, 08:38:44 AM »
There's a WNW Rumpler at the post office for me. Ordered 9/26 arrived 10/3 - holy!!!

Steve

Offline Vickers

« Reply #69 on: October 04, 2012, 08:52:21 AM »
Just received the Encore 1/32nd Fokker F.1 today and I also had a card from the post office announcing that my WNW "Duellists" combo is in town!
Bruno: "How many rules are there?"

Willi: "I don't know... none of zem have ever been written down."

Offline Vickers

« Reply #70 on: October 07, 2012, 12:42:42 PM »
Just picked up this tripe from the secondhand section in Hannants London  :)
I have been after the SopTripe for ages... YAY!

Does this kit go together well? Any info is warmly welcomed.
Cheers,
BVB

Bob,

I built this kit from the small box and brittle white plastic that the mold originally featured.  It was my first WW1 build upon returning to the hobby and went together like a dream- no poor fits anywhere.  With the newer gray plastic I think it will be a fine build for you.
Bruno: "How many rules are there?"

Willi: "I don't know... none of zem have ever been written down."

Offline cbk57

« Reply #71 on: October 09, 2012, 08:59:26 AM »
I have two latest acquisitions.  The fist is easy the Roland by WNW. 

The second is of biplane design using two sets of inverted airfoils, a v-8 pusher engine, piloted by a popular and well known German pilot, often seen in places like Monaco, Spa and Monza, excellent in a left or right turn, but the split S or Immelman just is not going to happen and finally it scored numerous victories last year.  What is it?  The new Tamiya Red Bull 6 F-1 car due out this fall. 

mike in calif

« Reply #72 on: October 09, 2012, 01:35:29 PM »
Well, it cost me some nice kits from my stash, but I'm getting a 1/8 Hasegawa Camel to go with my Triplane.
 To me, the holy grails of aviation models.

Offline pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
« Reply #73 on: October 09, 2012, 08:47:18 PM »
UT and Dekenba. That is a great little model. I have one myself. They do a couple of versions. To me, with all the talk about Roden giving up WWI subject matters, The Special Hobby, MPM etc group will be the go to manufacturers. The injected/pe/resin combo at a price around the same as Roden make them great value. Topics are great and execution is very good.

Steve

mike in calif

« Reply #74 on: October 10, 2012, 01:11:44 PM »
Dean, I'm not sure on the start date, but have made sure that SWMBO knows to pack it(them) if we ever have to evacuate the house due to the odd wildfire!
 Modellers are so generous very frequently. I put up a "shot in the dark' post, and got a reply.