Author Topic: Latest acquisition in your collection  (Read 362675 times)

Offline Hannover

Re: Latest acquisition in your collection
« Reply #45 on: August 03, 2012, 05:37:19 PM »
Just joined the Western Front Association. Found out there is a local branch near me so can go along to the monthly meetings/presentations. their bi-monthly magazines look pretty interesting as well.

Last night won another WNW Albatros D.Va for just over £30 delivered, well pleased...........

Peter

Offline Trackpad

« Reply #46 on: August 06, 2012, 04:09:44 AM »
Got my WNW Albatros DV recently. Now just waiting on Rowan's new "Captured Aircraft" sheet for it!  ;D

Cheers!
Gary

"It was an adventure, a great adventure. And, like all great adventures, we never knew where it would lead or how it would end."

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #47 on: August 13, 2012, 11:38:26 AM »
Not ground breaking nor earth shattering but my package arrived from WNW earlier this week , total time from on-line order to in hand was 10 calendar days.  On the down side Canadian Border Services decided to "protect" the Canadian Model Kit Builders (?????) and charged me 20% Duty, a first for packages from N.Z.
The arrival consisted of one WNW Albatros DVa, one SE5a, and the Richthoren's Circus  #1 Pfalz D111a Decal Sheet. Other then the latter this was a nervous "what if they go OOP?" order. Just too good to miss in future. I'll feel complete when I have one more of either the DV or DVa and a "Bif" in the stash! I figure that means, soon, I'll be ordering minimum two DVII's, another Albie,  and a Brisfit, Ouch!
Hopefully I've got time to complete my DV, get the Pfalz started, and maybe even mow the $^%$^%@$^*^%#*& lawn! (we are having a banner grass growing year and I'm seriously interested in a "desert property"!)

Cheers,
Lance
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 11:48:05 AM by lcarroll »

Offline Chris Johnson

« Reply #48 on: August 14, 2012, 01:41:09 AM »
On the down side Canadian Border Services decided to "protect" the Canadian Model Kit Builders (?????) and charged me 20% Duty, a first for packages from N.Z.

Ouch! I too have never been touched with Duty from NZ so this news doesn't bode well for my future WnW purchases either. I order from Sprue Brothers in the U.S. and a couple of Chinese retailers on a regular basis and I'm never charged Duty. The only place where I do get pinched is from Squadron so it's very rare that I place an order there anymore.

Place another order Lance and see if they hit you again. I'll wait for you to report back before I try it.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Cheers,

Chris
You can have it good; You can have it fast; you can have it cheap. Pick any two, but all three are impossible.

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #49 on: August 14, 2012, 03:40:12 AM »
Chris,
     I suspect it's a "hit or miss" application of the rules, don't dare complain for fear the situation may get highlighted. This was probably my 12th or more order from WNW and the first time I got bit. Could just have been a bad day for the person sorting the overseas mail. We can at least hope...
Cheers,
Lance

Offline Chris Johnson

« Reply #50 on: August 14, 2012, 10:35:17 PM »
I'll soon find out as I placed an order for their LVG C.VI yesterday. Hopefully it'll be more 'miss' than 'hit'.

Cheers,

Chris
You can have it good; You can have it fast; you can have it cheap. Pick any two, but all three are impossible.

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #51 on: August 15, 2012, 11:05:30 AM »
Here are a few things I've picked up over the last few weeks. The Evergreen stock is for the Taube build, there are 18 packets of Griffon brass tube of various sizes, a Mercedes engine sprue from WnW, a soldering station, plus the models, two of the models were purchased off ebay.

Des.

PS. No import duty on any of the items.  :) :)

Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline Dal Gavan

« Reply #52 on: August 15, 2012, 06:37:46 PM »
Collected from the PO on Monday- WNW Roland D.VI and Rumpler C.IV (Early) and Airscale WWI cockpit instruments (1/32-2 sets) and RAF WWII cockpit sets (1/32 and 1/48).  Both orders took a week to get here, from NZ and the UK respectively.

Waiting impatiently for Italian Aces of WWI and Their Aircraft, which Tiber Books (US) confirmed was shipped last night.  Post & Packaging ($49.95USD for airmail) cost more than the book ($32.50USD), thanks to the high US postal costs these days, but it still works out at <1/2 the cheapest price I could find in Oz.

So much for my tax refund..... ;D

Dal.

Offline Chris Johnson

« Reply #53 on: August 16, 2012, 03:08:50 AM »
Here are a few things I've picked up over the last few weeks.

I believe I see the beginnings of a stash developing here.  ;D

Cheers,

Chris

Offline Trackpad

« Reply #54 on: August 20, 2012, 07:34:07 AM »
On the down side Canadian Border Services decided to "protect" the Canadian Model Kit Builders (?????) and charged me 20% Duty, a first for packages from N.Z.
Cheers,
Lance

I've ordered the J.1, SE, Biff and (recently) the Albi DV, and in all cases escaped any duty charges. I hope that Sopwith's Snipe and Tripe get here before any loophole closes...! ;) ;D
Cheers!
Gary

"It was an adventure, a great adventure. And, like all great adventures, we never knew where it would lead or how it would end."

mike in calif

« Reply #55 on: August 21, 2012, 01:09:51 PM »
This doesn't bode well for us down here!

Offline Chris Johnson

« Reply #56 on: August 22, 2012, 03:12:01 AM »

I lucked out Lance as my LVG C.VI arrived at the door just now and I wasn't hit with Duty charges. Ordered on the 13th and arrived on the 21st. Great service from WnW and our combined posties. It's time I tried my hand at a two-seater and having looked in the box, I think this could be my next project. First though, I have to pull myself out of the desert sand and finish my current Israeli Merkava project.

Cheers,

Chris

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #57 on: August 22, 2012, 10:21:09 AM »
Chris,
    Great news, as I said I suspected my experience might just be a "one of". You sound pretty busy, I'm going to really have to get serious about this retirement thing (Failing miserably!) maybe I need help!?
Cheers,
Lance

Offline Chris Johnson

« Reply #58 on: August 23, 2012, 12:35:51 AM »
You sound pretty busy, I'm going to really have to get serious about this retirement thing (Failing miserably!) maybe I need help!?
Cheers,
Lance

Try it, you'll like it. It's the best job I've ever had. I stay home and do anything I want and the cheque arrives every month like clockwork. On the other hand, the guys at the detachment say they're paying me to stay away. There could be some truth to that too! ;D

Cheers,

Chris

Offline Trackpad

« Reply #59 on: August 23, 2012, 07:18:31 AM »
[Try it, you'll like it. It's the best job I've ever had. I stay home and do anything I want and the cheque arrives every month like clockwork.

Absolutely right. Just learn to say "No" very politely when myriads of people ask you to "get involved [in something] because you're retired and so have a lot of spare time!"  ;)
Cheers!
Gary