Author Topic: Latest acquisition in your collection  (Read 361914 times)

Offline Thumbs up

Re: Latest acquisition in your collection
« Reply #2265 on: December 30, 2021, 05:00:22 AM »
Hi all - so, not exactly WNWs, but.... I picked this one up recently:

I remember seeing this set as a kid in a hobby store whilst away on holiday with my parents, but not having the pocket money immediately to hand at the time to buy it. I was wowed by the full set of amazing fighter aircraft and drooled at the possibilities and mock dogfights I could have with these ones. Alas, I didn't see it for many years afterwards, but I did see the individual kits themselves (and picked one up here and there). When I saw this recently, I had the pang of nostalgia, and the 'I remember that!' moment (misidentified aircraft and all). This time, I had enough pocket money, so here it is, the set of Esci flghters! Tally ho!

Hi Brad,
  It;s interesting to note that the Fokker and the Albi are misprinted!!! Just like a rare stamp?

[ ;)img width=800 height=727]https://i.imgur.com/pQKyjee.jpg[/img]

So, not mind boggling or earth shatteringly rare, but kinda a cool addition to the nostalgia pile.

Cheers,

BC

Offline DaveB

« Reply #2266 on: January 01, 2022, 09:20:59 PM »
Christmas prezzie from my eldest son, Simon

I'm well chuffed!!

Regards

Dave
As we say in fencing, what's the point!

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #2267 on: January 27, 2022, 09:07:34 AM »
I don't get to show much in this thread since I retired. So thanks to Bill for the Deal on this one. I will build this in Tandem with MY attempt to revive My Encore  McCudden  build as My next project  8)

RAGIII

« Last Edit: January 27, 2022, 09:17:54 AM by RAGIII »
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Bughunter

« Reply #2268 on: January 28, 2022, 08:12:39 AM »
Very nice Rick! I have this "Schweinhund", which means "pig dog" ;) from Eduard in my stash.

Cheers,
Frank

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #2269 on: January 31, 2022, 05:30:19 AM »
Very nice Rick! I have this "Schweinhund", which means "pig dog" ;) from Eduard in my stash.

Cheers,
Frank

I think I will do this one in the kit markings......but perhaps I  will throw in a twist  8)
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Online Berman

« Reply #2270 on: February 12, 2022, 07:06:56 AM »
Rick,
       Eduard has the same markings for Schweinhund in their 1/48 Se.5a Wolseley Viper kit. According to the provided background in the Eduard booklet, this aircraft was painted red with the Schweinhund nickname after the war. So Roden's box art of this plane in combat is incorrect.

Offline KiwiZac

• Global Moderator
    • My Linktree
« Reply #2271 on: February 12, 2022, 09:45:55 AM »
Eduard 1/32 EduArt Curtiss P-40N Warhawk by Zac Yates, on Flickr

Eduard's "EduArt" boxing of the Hasegawa 1/32 Curtiss P-40N with box art by the inimitable Romain Hugault, resin and PE extras, masks and a massive decal sheet including two RNZAF examples - a limited edition kit of 3000. A gift from a new friend in Australia who just blew me away with his incredibly kind offer.
Zac in NZ

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
« Reply #2272 on: February 12, 2022, 05:47:15 PM »
Wow Zac! You are so lucky and amazingly fortunate to have a friend give you this highly sought after limited edition kit which is now worth over $250!

I considered buying this limited edition kit when it was released but the price ( $US 165) was outside the affordability zone.

You have a very generous friend for sure!

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia
Owner and Administrator of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline KiwiZac

• Global Moderator
    • My Linktree
« Reply #2273 on: February 13, 2022, 05:17:32 AM »
You have a very generous friend for sure!
Believe me, I'm still pinching myself in disbelief. I've been wanting to build NZ3220, the famous Gloria Lyons, from this kit since it was announced and I can't wait to get into it!
Zac in NZ

Offline Stuart Malone

« Reply #2274 on: March 13, 2022, 09:08:27 PM »
Scored some Wingnut Wings kits from a vendor at our local contest yesterday.  Prices were very reasonable, only slight markups over list, except the AEG.  There was a premium on it, but still far less than what is being asked on eBay.  The Halberstadt and Camel are duplicates so I have those for trade if anyone is interested.

Stuart

Offline ondra

« Reply #2275 on: March 14, 2022, 08:33:26 PM »
I put the KP Dolphin and Roland D.II on the Christmas list.  Going from memory, wasn't the main difference between the D.II and D.IIa a different engine?  Also, I did not know Pfalz license built the Roland D.II.  I'm guessing the differences are slight.  Anyone with more knowledge on the subject?

Stuart

Hi Stuart,

D.II was powered by Mercedes engine and the D.IIa by Argus enging, therefore the front section of D.IIa's fuselage was noticeably longer. There was also a difference in the positions of the fuselage hatches in the engine section. Last but not least, the undercarriage axis position was different between D.II and D.IIa. Unfortunately, the KP kit does not reflect these difference. :(

Cheers

Ondra

Offline jeroen_R90S

« Reply #2276 on: March 17, 2022, 10:17:59 PM »
With a bit of a sad feeling :(

The Viper version seems nearly sold out everywhere...
I'm not really much in a mood for modelling, but this one just might make it to the top of the to-build pile.

Jeroen

Offline pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
« Reply #2277 on: March 17, 2022, 10:56:25 PM »
If I read correctly elsewhere the Roden box illustrator has recently been killed in the ongoing war in Ukraine. Maybe this is old news but sad all the same.

Steve

Online PrzemoL

• There was Eru... and he made first the Ainur...
    • Przemysław Litewka
« Reply #2278 on: March 17, 2022, 11:02:50 PM »
If I read correctly elsewhere the Roden box illustrator has recently been killed in the ongoing war in Ukraine. Maybe this is old news but sad all the same.

Steve

That is true, sadly, tragically...
http://www.roden.eu/HTML/framenews.html
Ash nazg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatuluk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

Offline Stuart Malone

« Reply #2279 on: April 08, 2022, 04:03:21 AM »
Another Wingnut Wings purchase.  The DH.9, Roland, and Roden SE5 are unstarted.  The others are in varying states of assembly/paint.  Most of these can be done over or progressed on from where they are.  But don't lose faith in me.  1/72nd scale is still my main focus.  I'm picking these up when I can find them at reasonable prices for building in retirement which is still over a decade away.

Stuart