Author Topic: Hello and welcome  (Read 73398 times)

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
Hello and welcome
« on: April 13, 2012, 07:36:13 AM »
Welcome to the ww1aircraftmodelsforum.

This is the new forum home for WW1 aircraft modellers wishing to discuss WW1 models and modelling with fellow enthusiasts.

This forum is a logical extension of Des Delatorre’s WW1aircraftmodels.com website and has been created to meet an often- requested wish for a dedicated discussion forum on a site solely dedicated to WW1aircraft models.

Those of you familiar with the Great War In the Air Forum will know that Des was also co-owner of that site and Moderator of the modelling boards. What is not widely known is Des and co-owner Andrew had a major policy disagreement on the future direction of the GWA site. Des pushed for growth in the modelling coverage while Andrew- who is not a modeller- was uncomfortable and preferred his vision for the GWA as a history-focussed site. It was a conflict of history vs models. It became evident the two directions were not compatible.

The fact is the GWA forum is an aviation history site and its models coverage is an afterthought rather than a primary focus. Hence the need for a web forum for WW1 modellers where models and modelling is the sole focus of the site.

So, a warm welcome to the  ww1aircraftmodelsforum. This forum will be a unique site dedicated solely to WW1 model aircraft. It is a forum that has been built by a modeller for modellers, We hope this will become your new home for discussing WW1 models and your participation is encouraged.

Feel free to discuss all aspects of WW1 aircraft models and show your work.

Now, please come in, make yourself comfortable and meet new and old friends in the new forum home for the exciting world of WW1 aircraft models……….

Des Delatorre (Owner and Administrator)
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 07:22:54 AM by Des »
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline Chris Johnson

Re: Hello and welcome
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2012, 10:01:06 AM »
Hi Des,

I'm pleased to see you host your own modelling forum as it's a logical extension of your web site which sets the standard for Great War aviation modelling. I wish you all the best for this new endeavour!

Cheers,

Chris
You can have it good; You can have it fast; you can have it cheap. Pick any two, but all three are impossible.

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2012, 11:32:33 AM »
Hi Des

Congratulations on starting your own WW1 aircraft modellers forum! This is a natural complement to your existing website and I'm sure it will be very popular with modellers worldwide.

My very best wishes for the future of this forum and I am delighted to be a member and I agree with Chris- this site will set the standard for WW1 aviation modelling!

Very best wishes

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia

Owner and Administrator of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline phs Paddy

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2012, 10:18:22 AM »
Hello Des,
Well, this is grand and I want to wish you the very best on your new forum. I count it a privilege to be a member of this forum headed up by one of the leading Ambassadors for the builders and manufactures of WWI scale model aircraft. This is going to be fun and I will be expecting to see old and new friends here.

All the best,

Paddy  :)
In mathematics you don't understand things, you just get use to them. Johann von Neumann 1903-1957

Offline Whiteknuckles

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2012, 11:55:22 AM »
G'day Des,

Congratulations on the new forum!!
I've followed your site for quite a while and find it very, very inspiring. Your work, enthusiasm and explanations are great!

With all the rich experience of yourself and the growing number of forum members to inspire me (a relative newcomer to modelling) I might just get my Roden Fokker DR.1 project back up and running..... ::) ;)

Cheers and thanks,

Andrew
Eternal Apprentice

Offline Rob Hart

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2012, 12:13:59 PM »
What a pleasant surprise. World War One modelers have never had it so good. I must build something new to establish some credibility on the street.

Offline Trackpad

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2012, 02:19:44 PM »
Hello, Des!

Congratulations on your new Forum. I'm glad to be part of it: thanks for the invitation! I've been chewing away at a few other projects recently, but the WNW SE surfaces every now and then, fixes me with a baleful glare, and dares me to start. One day, one day...!  ;D

« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 02:23:44 PM by Trackpad »
Cheers!
Gary

"It was an adventure, a great adventure. And, like all great adventures, we never knew where it would lead or how it would end."

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2012, 03:31:14 PM »
Congratulations, Des, and thank you for starting this forum.  Very nicely done, mate.
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline rlrimell

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2012, 03:45:58 PM »
Hi Des,

Wish you well on your new venture and look forward to dropping by on a regular basis.

All the best,

Ray R.

Offline PrzemoL

• There was Eru... and he made first the Ainur...
    • Przemysław Litewka
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2012, 04:30:53 PM »
Hello Des. Thank you for the invitation to this modellers' forum. I am very glad you have set it up so quickly. Good luck with this new enterprise!
Ash nazg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatuluk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

modelmaker

« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2012, 05:03:20 PM »
Thanks for the invitation to join your forum Des and congratulations on getting the Forum up and running.
I have a lot to learn from all of you and am really looking forward to participating here.

Sean

Offline ta152c

• My threads are doing iron man numbers
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2012, 07:14:30 PM »
Good luck Des, sorry to hear about the spat on GWIAA, looking forward to contributing here :)

Regards :)
"I hope he burned all the way down" - Mannock on hearing of the death of Manfred Von Richthofen, 1918.

Offline Ian from Doncaster

« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2012, 08:27:40 PM »
What ho Des - thank you for the invite. I'm looking forward to seeing some inspirational stuff on here :)

Offline Pete Nottingham

• I chose the wrong week to stop sniffing glue
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2012, 07:22:30 AM »
Hi Des, glad to be a part of a WWI model forum dedicated to WWI modellers.

Cheers

Pete.

Offline Galloway

« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2012, 08:16:55 AM »
Hello Des,

Thanks for the invite and it is an honor to be here!

Ken  :)
"Slàinte mhòr agad!"