Author Topic: Hello and welcome  (Read 73396 times)

Offline Trackpad

Re: Hello and welcome
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2012, 08:51:38 AM »
Why did it take me so long to find this site?  I've noticed it's been getting a little quiet on GWIA, this might explain why! I look forward to sharing and learning from the best of the best!

Ian

Hi, Ian,

Glad to have you with us. Nothing wrong with GWIA, but I think you'l find that this is a site significantly more dedicated to the modelling aspect of WW1 aviation. Hope you enjoy yourself here!  :)
Cheers!
Gary

"It was an adventure, a great adventure. And, like all great adventures, we never knew where it would lead or how it would end."

Offline Ronkootje

« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2012, 01:13:15 AM »
Hello guys great to be here, was wondering where Des whent  looking forward to post here!

Ron

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2012, 04:17:36 AM »
So glad you finally found us, Ron.
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline GHE

Hello from Bavaria /Germany
« Reply #33 on: September 01, 2012, 08:15:47 PM »
Hello friends of  WW1 history and modelling !
Some months ago I came into contact with Des through his website ( very well programmed it is!) and shared some photos
from german Museums with him.
I started kit building around the age of five in 1969 ( a Roland C II  Walfisch or an Albatross - moulded in red styrene - Airfix 1/72) and came back to the hobby in 2001.
But it was more than only modelling: it strung my historic string an therefore modelling and gaining historic knowledge
went hand in gloves.
My interest in military items comprises not only aircraft but weapon systems in general, politics and geopolitics.
I had and have the chance to meet soldiers from WW1 onwards to the present day ; this gives insight in real world occurences.
Kit building to me is a creative process. I like the aesthetics and the design especially with aircraft. I like to put in my abilities
and enjoy the progress of them. While enjoying the slowing-down-process during a kit built I also imagine the scenery and
context of the model.
Until now my one and only  WW1 aeroplane built is the Roden 1/32 Fokker Dr. I in the colours of M. v. Richthofen.

kind regards, Gunther
LZeppelin rocks!

Offline Whiteknuckles

« Reply #34 on: September 01, 2012, 11:08:35 PM »
Hello and welcome Gunther

Andrew
Eternal Apprentice

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: September 02, 2012, 11:38:27 AM »
Gunther,
    History, Military History, WWI Aircraft and those who flew them, we got it all. Welcome and hope you enjoy!
Cheers,
Lance                   

Offline pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
« Reply #36 on: September 03, 2012, 03:43:26 AM »
Welcome and enjoy Gunther!!

Steve

Offline bjgsar

« Reply #37 on: September 23, 2012, 05:58:41 PM »
Hello from South Africa.

I joined yesterday and have spent most of the last day looking at the forums etc and all I can say is its great so much information and superb modelling.
Recently I decided to go back to WW1 aircraft modelling, something i started around 50 years ago in my youth. Back then it was 1/72nd.
I have looked at 1/48th but 1/32nds seems more suitable to these old eyes, currently working on the Roden DrI. I can see i will have a good many questions.

Was very pleased to see our locally preserved SE5a, I was involved with its restoration so will post some information in the appropriate place and will also post some photos of my efforts.

Best regards and glad to be on board

Bruce Green

Offline bobs_buckles

• Freedom isn't free.
    • Bobs Buckles
« Reply #38 on: September 23, 2012, 06:07:45 PM »
Hi Bruce,
 Welcome aboard.
You're in splendid company  ;)
Looking forward to seeing your DR.1 when complete.

BVB

https://www.bobsbuckles.co.uk/

Last Minute Man Of Faith

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #39 on: September 23, 2012, 10:31:48 PM »
Hello Bruce and welcome to the forum, I'm so glad to see you here and I look forward to seeing photos of your Dr.1

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
« Reply #40 on: September 23, 2012, 11:30:30 PM »
Welcome and enjoy!!!

Steve

Offline uncletony

• Aircraft In Pixels
« Reply #41 on: September 24, 2012, 12:13:28 AM »
Hi Bruce, welcome aboard! Hope you'll post pics of your Dr.1 build; this kit is in my queue as well.

Offline bjgsar

« Reply #42 on: September 24, 2012, 12:37:06 AM »
Hi Guys,

Thanks for the welcome. I did try and post some photos of my DRI but struck some p[problems which I will check out a little later.
Spent most of the day on the Roden big brother version, not sure where to stop with the detailing. 1/48th is still very much on the to build lists.

Regards
Bruce

Offline uncletony

• Aircraft In Pixels
« Reply #43 on: September 24, 2012, 01:09:45 AM »
Spent most of the day on the Roden big brother version, not sure where to stop with the detailing.

Hehe welcome to the club!

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #44 on: September 24, 2012, 03:33:15 AM »
Welcome back to the WWI modeling fold, Bruce, and welcome to the forum.  Very lovely SE5a you have there.  Looking forward to seeing more of your work.
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence