Author Topic: New WNW announced in Japan!!  (Read 5714 times)

Offline GAJouette

• " Beware of the Spanish Inquisition"
Re: New WNW announced in Japan!!
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2013, 11:28:21 PM »
  Wow an AEG G.IV now that's interesting! This new bomber should be a real beauty. As an added bonus there's several interesting conversion possibilities. Not to mention a good home for a scratchbuilt Becker 20 mm.

Who knows if this is to be a trend we may see a Friedrichshafen G.III, Caproni Ca.3 or even a GASP... HP 0/400 "Bloody Paralyser"
Highest Regards,
Gregory Jouette
" What Me Worry"

Offline Bluesfan

• MW Miniature Work
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2013, 02:32:58 AM »
Was wondering if there was going to be another multi-engine type in the Wingnut lists anytime soon. The AEG looks very appealing, with lots of variations possible, including civilian ones. Dunno about a Friedrichshafen; sometime maybe, but it's rather similar to what they already have. We need an Allied machine. Totally agree about the Caproni Ca.3. For me, that and the Felixstowe are the two most colourful and charismatic types, and beg to be done. There's an actual Caproni they can go and look at somewhere, isn't there? The HP 0/400 might be just too big, even for WNW(?) But what about a Vimy? Especially now they seem amenable to doing immediate post-war types. That one's got a lot of interesting history...       [/fanciful daydreaming]

Mark

Offline cgandiaga

« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2013, 12:12:01 AM »
Hey.. is there a non-Facebook link for this?  I'm at work and the firewall won't let me see it  >:(

Offline Jamo

• Wellington, NZ
    • My Smugmug album
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2013, 05:08:18 AM »
Try this:
http://www.aeroscale.co.uk/modules.php?op=modload&name=SquawkBox&file=index&req=viewtopic&topic_id=207535&page=1

Steven Lawson copied the picture to Aeroscale's website rather than link to the original (which is a bit off IMHO, especially as he does not acknowledge HobbyLink Japan). It does mean however that it may get through your firewall
Cheers
James
Happy Modelling
James Fahey

Check out my massive photo collection here: https://jamesfahey.smugmug.com/

Offline Trackpad

« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2013, 03:52:46 AM »
Tuck this away for future reference: the last remaining example is about two hours from my front door. I've got a fair number of photos of the a/c, and can get more as and when I can get to the museum:

I won't be building one, but I'll be happy to help builders of this kit where I can.  8)
Cheers!
Gary

"It was an adventure, a great adventure. And, like all great adventures, we never knew where it would lead or how it would end."

Offline kornbeef

• U.K. Carpet monster genocide squad leader.
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2013, 09:09:07 PM »
Now I'll never get that Hi-Tech one built. looks like another in my stash to be moved on to somewhere new.  Look forward to the shots you can grab in the future TP.  Thanks
Keith
Never too old to learn sumfink noo

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2013, 11:40:12 PM »
   If memory serves me correctly it's at the Canadian Aviation and Space Museum in Ottawa. I'll be there several times around the 21 Sept as it's Conference/Hosting Center is the venue for my Step Son's Wedding Reception. If SWMBO allows me off the leash I'll certainly get a series of photos unless Trackpad has already filled the bill.
    More to follow.
Cheers,
Lance

Offline Trackpad

« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2013, 03:48:20 AM »
Lance,

If you get the chance, get more photos. I have fifty-six, but we can always use more detail shots. I might be at the museum on August 9th, so I'll try to get additional photos then.  8)
Cheers!
Gary

"It was an adventure, a great adventure. And, like all great adventures, we never knew where it would lead or how it would end."

mike in calif

« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2013, 11:28:19 AM »
Looks to be a pretty cool kit, and not so mainstream. OK, so here is the list now: P-61, He-219, AEG, Vosper...

Offline Berman

« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2013, 01:17:08 AM »
Not 1/32nd scale but a Felixstowe F.2a early and late version plus a Handley Page 0-100/0-400 bomber, both in 1/48th scale, will be coming out in the near future. Not by Wingnut. These will have 24 to 25 inch wingspans.

Offline dr 1 ace

« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2013, 03:19:52 AM »
][/font]
Not 1/32nd scale but a Felixstowe F.2a early and late version plus a Handley Page 0-100/0-400 bomber, both in 1/48th scale, will be coming out in the near future. Not by Wingnut. These will have 24 to 25 inch wingspans.

[/color][/font]

Any hints as to who ??          Resin or injected molded?
Life is short, enjoy it, nobody gets out alive.

Offline johnvandermeulen

« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2013, 10:57:28 PM »
To Blues Fan,
   You asked about an actual Caproni in existence. There is one at the US Air Force Museum in Dayton, Ohio. Go to their website and take the virtual tour on-line. You will see it, along with a lot of other nice WWI aircraft. Enjoy!

Offline Bluesfan

• MW Miniature Work
« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2013, 06:48:40 AM »
Thanks johnvandermeulen, I did not know about that one, will go and have a look :)
Roughly similar size to the Gotha, isn't it? Maybe slightly bigger? Anyway, it'd be great if WNW were to consider kitting it up
Cheers
Mark

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2013, 09:47:36 AM »
All the aircraft you mentioned earlier Mark have possibilities, the Caproni Ca.3, the HP 0/400, the Vimy and the Felixstowe, these would all make wonderful kits but whether there would be a market for them is the big question. The main issue with these large aeroplanes is the size of the completed model, they are huge and take up a lot of space. The Gotha is a classic example of this, many modelers have said they would love to buy the kit but would never build it because of its size, I have one in my stash and it will probably never get built. The planned release of the Wingnuts AEG will be a welcome addition, not an overly huge aeroplane but still large enough to make an impact, I will certainly be building one when they are finally released, I'm hoping for a pre christmas release.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline Dave in Dubai

• Beyond the blue horizon
« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2013, 01:52:49 AM »
No news from the Kiwi workshop in quite a while....they must be planning something big.....?

Like you Des, looking forward to the AEG release, -wonder what colour schemes they will opt for?