Author Topic: First trials  (Read 13458 times)

Offline Cimmerian

Re: First trials
« Reply #135 on: January 30, 2014, 11:30:52 PM »
Just read this thread through from the beginning. With all the problems you've had I think you've done a great job to finish up with a model that looks this good. A tip of the hat to you for your patience and perseverence and if I ever move up to 1/32 I hope my first attempt looks this good.
Regards, Ken

It's not worth doing something unless someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren't doing it.”

Offline Pete Nottingham

• I chose the wrong week to stop sniffing glue
« Reply #136 on: January 31, 2014, 02:03:19 AM »
Congratulations Patrick, for a first 1/32 scale model, that is a stunner, she looks superb, like all the guys on the forum have said the next build will a bit easier, but if you need any help, just ask, always remember the only silly question is the one you don't ask.

Cheers

Pete.

Offline IFF1418

« Reply #137 on: January 31, 2014, 02:04:03 AM »
Hello Bob(vB) , Des, Nigel, Mark and Ken,

Thank you all for your kind words and comments and your continued support!

Bob :  the rigging has already improved with your great eyelets!

Des :  these are so kind words coming from the master modeler!

Nigel : I'm sure that you would have done the same and had continued dispite the problems!

Mark:  Indeed I'm very pleased to have it finished. Your build was certainly a class higher than mine. I'm sorry but the weathering was  not intential but caused by the fact that I had to manipulate the model so often. Maybe a new method of weathering? I now acquired some weathering material and I could have a go from now on.

Ken :   Looking at your Fokker Tripe tells me that if you would build a WnW kit it would certainly be magnificent!

Kind regards
Patrick

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #138 on: January 31, 2014, 03:22:49 AM »
I think she looks great, Patrick, especially considering she was your first effort.  You're right when you say this kit is for a more advanced modeler.  I have 7 WNW kits in my stash and it wasn't until I got the Triplane just a couple weeks ago that I found the courage to start any of them.  The Tripe looks to be a far simpler build than the SE and will give you less grief.  I'm proud of you for sticking with this one and finishing her in spite of the challenges she presented.
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline IFF1418

« Reply #139 on: January 31, 2014, 03:53:09 AM »
Hello Pete and Bud,

Thank you so much my friends. I'm so glad to see that a lot of people give such a support to an old newbie.

Pete : I will certainly have a lot of questions left and it is so gentle of you. Thank you!

Bud :  You have supported me since my entering the forum. I appreciate very much. I bought the WnW kits of the SE5a and Sopwith Tripe before I became a member on the forum. I had found a review of a WnW kit on the web and found out that they were the best on the market. I knew nothing about WW1 aircrafts and even less about engines, but as I studied the WW1 as a whole, I was very interested in the war in the air. It wasn't after a certain period that I understood that the SE5a was way to difficult for me. Then I started the Tripe which was a bit easier and finished it last month (http://forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com/index.php?topic=2488.0). Now I started the Nieuport 28c and am waiting for a seat by Ron) so I had some time to work again on the SE5a.
Thank you Pete and Bud

Kind regards
Patrick

Offline LindsayT

• "Somehow it didn't seem like war at all..."
« Reply #140 on: January 31, 2014, 08:43:03 AM »
Good for you for persevering, Patrick! That's got to be a great sense of accomplishment. Great looking work.

Lindsay

Offline IFF1418

« Reply #141 on: January 31, 2014, 05:51:12 PM »
Hi Lindsay,

Thank you very much for your continued support. It is so much appreciated and certainly helps to persevere!

Kind regards
Patrick

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #142 on: February 01, 2014, 12:30:20 AM »
Patrick,
    Despite all your earlier concerns and challenges you now have two very nice 1:32 WWI aircraft models completed and you've started a third 8)................................ I"d say you have arrived! Welcome to the world of WWI Aircraft Models and best luck with the Nieuport 28 Build. I'll be following your progress closely as it's very near to being my next one as well.
Cheers,
Lance

Offline IFF1418

« Reply #143 on: February 01, 2014, 01:25:37 AM »
Thank you so much Lance for your kind comments and support. I think I'm rather slow, so it might well be that very soon you will pass me by. Anyway we have some wonderful build logs of our modeler friends. I will certainly need them beside me.

Kind regards
Patrick

Offline Pete Nottingham

• I chose the wrong week to stop sniffing glue
« Reply #144 on: February 01, 2014, 02:33:03 AM »
Just remember Patrick, there is no time limit on a model, 'it takes as long as it takes', in fact as you build more and more models you could find they take longer to build, because you are trying to improve on and better the one you did before.

Cheers

Pete.

Offline IFF1418

« Reply #145 on: February 01, 2014, 03:13:46 AM »
You are so right Pete. I know that I will take my time for the Nieuport and I hope this will show in the build. I was always in a hurry in my professional life, fighting against deadlines, but now there are no deadlines any more. But my days are filled all the same with reading, research of WW1 (and this seems more and more an unending story), the forum which has taken a remarkable place in my life and the build itself.
Thank you for your nice comment!

Kind regards
Patrick