Author Topic: Fokker Scourge  (Read 11122 times)

Offline miamiangler

Fokker Scourge
« on: April 07, 2013, 02:30:18 AM »
Hello Everyone ,

I will be starting on the Fokker E.III (late) From WNW. It was a Christmas present from my daughter . I will be using the engine from Taurus Models and seat belts from HGW.

I started with the engine first . There`s lots of tiny parts so you have to take your time here !

Here`s the finished engine :

Thanks ,

Willi

Offline GAJouette

• " Beware of the Spanish Inquisition"
Re: Fokker Scourge
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2013, 02:39:00 AM »
   Willi,
Outstanding first progress my friend. Love that engine,wonderful details. Looking forward to following along with this latest opus.
Highest Regards,
Gregory Jouette
" What Me Worry"

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2013, 04:05:02 AM »
Brilliant work on the engine, Willi.  Those Taurus engines certainly build up into magnificent replicas, with the proper skills applied.
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline stefanbuss

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2013, 04:44:29 AM »
I hope the engine fits into the cowling. I will be watching this very closely, as that Fokker is one my watchlist.

Stefan

Offline miamiangler

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2013, 05:15:21 AM »
Thanks Guys ,

Since this is the first Taurus engine I built . It came out O.K ,but next time I am going to put the small parts (#7 &#8) together first then glue the parts to the  main body #1. Then put part  #2 on to part #1 . then add #9 and make sure it is in the right position . Then add a small wire to part #9 that way it makes it easy to slide on  part#5 . Then you can add the spark plugs and add part # 8 which needs to be cut to size . Take your time here .rather cut it a little at a time or it will be too short ! Becareful when cutting part #5 ,I ruined 3 of them till I got the hang of cutting the part off the resin block. Thanks to Mr. Lukasz he sent me replacement parts . So a big Thank you goes out to him . Instead of using part #10 it was easier using a length of wire and then cutting it to it`s size . I hope this helps as this is how I will be building the next one when I build another Fokker E.II (early ).

As for the fit in the cowling .It is tight and the cowling will have to be thinned down .

Willi

Offline Vickers

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2013, 07:15:21 AM »
Looks very nice, Willi. Highly detailed and suitably grimy. Thanks for the build tips- I'll keep your proposed order of assembly in mind when the time comes for mine!
Bruno: "How many rules are there?"

Willi: "I don't know... none of zem have ever been written down."

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2013, 07:56:31 AM »
Very nicely done Willi, the detail on the engine looks great and thanks for the tips on assembly, this will assist a lot of people.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline Whiteknuckles

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2013, 08:55:07 AM »
Great engine Willi, nicely done.

Andrew
Eternal Apprentice

Offline michael

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2013, 06:39:32 PM »
Great start Willi  :)

looking forward to the rest of your work on this kit.

michael
“An ounce of action is worth a ton of theory.”

Offline miamiangler

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2013, 08:42:39 AM »
Thanks for the kind comments,

I started work on the cockpit . Here`s some photo`s of what I have done .

Thanks ,

Willi

Online lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2013, 10:31:52 AM »
Very nice start Willi, that Taurus Engine is a jewel and you've done a beautiful job thus far on the cockpit. This will be an enjoyable, and very educational Build to follow.
Cheers,
Lance

Offline miamiangler

« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2013, 01:11:18 AM »
Thanks Lance ,

I think the engine will look great in the Fokker E.III just too bad not much will be seen . I might for the next Fokker (In the Future ) I`ll build it with out the cowling .

Here`s some more progress :

I am going to use matte bare metal foil for the metal parts . I have been trying for a few weeks to get the right pattern and think I am getting close to the effect I want .

Heres more work on the pit :

I didn't use foil on the dash I tried using the painting method . I also added copper wire and a clear plastic rod for the pulsameter A35 .To bad WNW did not make this part in clear plastic !

That`s all for now ,I`m just waiting on the HGW seat belts to arrive .I hope soon ::)
     Willi

Offline GAJouette

• " Beware of the Spanish Inquisition"
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2013, 01:33:43 AM »
  Willi,
Outstanding metal works my friend. Excellent thread to be following,lots of great tips.Well Done.
Highest Regards,
Gregory Jouette
" What Me Worry"

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2013, 02:22:37 AM »
Fantastic looking cockpit, Willi!
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline mgunns

« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2013, 03:21:35 AM »
Hello Willi:

Outstanding work on the engine and cockpit.  I have one of these engines and your comments will be helpful when I tackle mine.
I will be following this as you progress through the build.

Best

Mark
Mark

We few, we happy few.....