Author Topic: Figures and vehicles from the period of the Great War in 1:32 scale  (Read 5020 times)

Offline szymon

It seems to me that in this range are large gaps in the market, is very few vehicles and figures in 1:32 scale. I got the idea to encourage the cooperation of two very good Polish modellers who deal with this  subject. That is why we want to do some research on the market, what is the potential demand for such sets.
Please write what topics you interested, on what  the vehicles and figures is  demand.
This would have been, of course, sets the resin.
Here's sample of this what doing my friend Darek, this his Berliet, but only in the scale of 1:35 and 1:72

More  images to watch on his website
www.beck-rmk.com

(Sorry for my paltry English) :-[
Best regards
Simon

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
Re: Figures and vehicles from the period of the Great War in 1:32 scale
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2013, 07:56:14 AM »
Thank you Simon for bringing this to our attention and also for the link to the brilliant build log of this vehicle, it is an amazing model.

In my opinion, there is quite a good market for 1:32 scale WW1 vehicles and figures, many modelers are now creating dioramas but the lack of decent purpose build military vehicles, especially light to medium trucks, and more so WW1 aviation figures. Dioramas need a lot of ground crew, guys working on the aircraft, doing engine overhauls, fitting and removing engines from aircraft, working at a lathe, changing the wheel on a vehicle, unloading a truck and so forth, the list could be endless. Aircrew figures could include seated pilots, mechanics swinging the prop, guys holding the wingtips while the aircraft taxis, observers standing in their pits holding the machine gun or simply sitting on their small seat. Even guys sitting around having a cup of coffee and a smoke would make great additions to a diorama scene. As I said, light/medium trucks, staff cars, even some horse drawn wagons all fit perfectly with a diorama. Then you could add all the airfied accessories, tools, personal equipment, food items, ammo boxes, ladders, gantry for doing engine removals, work benches, tables and chairs, fuel drums etc.
1:32 scale WW1 aiviation is a booming industry at the moment and with the advent of the superb WnW kits the future looks very bright so any company that takes the step towards producing 1:32 scale WW1 aircraft related items will have a very steady market for quite some time.

I wish you and your friends all the very best in your venture, if the Berliet truck is an indication of the quality of work your success is assured.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2013, 08:21:24 AM »
Ford Model T militarized Trucks of course. Any British,french or German cars used as Squadron transport. Ambulances, Motorcycles and sidecars, etc. etc.
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2013, 10:14:53 AM »
I agree with the requests above. Airfield- related vehicles - trucks, motorcycles and bicycles and figures depicting people doing something rather than just standing still.

British, German, French vehicles and figures would be the most commercially saleable items and of course American for the 1918 period.

Also some animals- squadron mascots. Dogs, even cats.

These items in 1/32 scale especially would find customers, but 1/48th scale should not be ignored either. Not sure of demand in 1/72 but there is almost nothing around in 1/32 scale.

Best wishes for your planned figure and vehicles. The customer demand is there for you.\

Kind regards

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia
Owner and Administrator of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2013, 10:33:36 AM »
Renault and Crossley are other good candidates.
In 1/32, 1/48 and 1/72.
Please.
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline GAJouette

• " Beware of the Spanish Inquisition"
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2013, 12:16:30 PM »
  Simon,
I would be most interested in any WWI Airfield vehicle type,and any nationality. Figures in 1/32 certainly would be most welcomed too. I'd like to see a set of figures for Ambulances for RAF/RNAS , French,and German. I would also add ground grewman and mechanics for British,French,German,and American Air Services.
    Here's a couple of conversions in need of Figures.

A driver,Medic,and attendants are really needed for my Rolls Royce Ambulance.

Highest Regards,
Gregory Jouette

PS: Forgot to add the very best of luck in this venture. The Berliet is awesome,where can I get one of those beauties.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 12:20:23 PM by GAJouette »
" What Me Worry"

Offline Rizzo

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2013, 12:49:05 AM »
I'd like to add another vote for a Crossley.

I've been looking for something like this:
http://www.crossley-motors.org.uk/Gallery/today20_25/RFC.html

Not only would it be a great addition to a diorama, it would make a great stand alone model too (it's a beautiful looking car IMO).

Offline pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2013, 03:41:19 AM »
Dont forget Scalelink is still out there for vehicles. Figures are ok too but need some work.

Steve

Offline szymon

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2013, 04:49:24 AM »
Thank you Gentlemen for your comments. I see that my prediction as to the  need for specific vehicles and figures are true. I also thought to start from ground crew in a variety of positions at work.
And as for the vehicles, Darek he thought to start with the T Model Ford in several variants (Huck Starter, pickup and ambulance)

Ps.
Gregory if you are interested in buying a Berliet write to Darek, his e-mail address-
[email protected]
Best regards
Simon

Offline kinnies

• Biggles flies low
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2013, 04:28:09 AM »
Those vehicles are wonderful. I agree with all who have written about the type and need. Good luck on your venture.
John

Offline Pete Nottingham

• I chose the wrong week to stop sniffing glue
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2013, 04:44:37 AM »
How about some 1/32 scale pilots seated in their aircraft, also mechanics preparing the a/c ready for engine startup.

Cheers

Pete.

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2013, 08:17:13 AM »
As Gregory has pointed out with his two superb vehicle builds, he needs figures to compliment the scene. I am in the same boat with my Packard, I need a driver, and some officers standing around maybe looking at maps, having a cup of coffee and puffing on a pipe, this would finish my scene off nicely. A mechanic leaning over the mudguard doing something to the engine would be a nice touch.

The Huck Starter also needs a driver figure and a guy standing on the front platform adjusting the drive shaft to fit the prop, another ground crew member or two standing keeping watch would be appropriate as well. The possibilities are endless for active figures which could be adapted to suit nearly any situation.

Des.

Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline N.C.S.E

« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2013, 12:01:06 AM »
Wingnuts have been developing their own range for literally years now and nothing so far... I think the addition of figures really complement the model.
The years to come seem waste of breathe, a waste of breathe on balance with this life, this death. - W.M.Yeates

Offline szymon

« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2013, 07:03:46 AM »
Des, beautiful vehicles, Thank you colleagues for your insights and suggestions, I will forward it to my friends. Darek decided that the will start of the Ford Model T, the progress of work I will inform you.
Regards
Simon

Offline drdave

« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2013, 11:10:01 AM »
Groundcrew in polishing pose.

A camera being unloaded/taken away and a wounded gunner?

A set of crew relaxed under a wing chewing the fat on their backs?

Some battle hardened old warhorse aircrew shouting in an uncontrolled manner threatening violence to a monacled Colonel Blimp type, whilst the rest of his posse hold him back and a terrier yaps at the side?