Author Topic: Figures and vehicles from the period of the Great War in 1:32 scale  (Read 5021 times)

Offline Beto

Re: Figures and vehicles from the period of the Great War in 1:32 scale
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2013, 09:18:57 PM »
Any german vehicle would be a safe bet. Some allied vehicles can be built from existing kits of the Ford T, Rolls Royce, Double decker bus... but as far as I know there is no german WWI era car or truck produced.

Offline Carpo

• A gallery of my Models
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2013, 08:06:32 PM »
+1 for a crossley!!
 @GAJouette - is your ambulance based on the Pyro Silver Ghost?
Do you have a build article for this one???
Cheers,
Carpo
The air force will always need technicians because pilots need heroes too.

Offline GAJouette

• " Beware of the Spanish Inquisition"
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2013, 12:27:30 AM »
+1 for a crossley!!
 @GAJouette - is your ambulance based on the Pyro Silver Ghost?
Do you have a build article for this one???
Cheers,
Carpo

Paul,
The RNAS Ambulance was based on the Airfix Rolls Royce. I do have a build thread for both the Rolls Royce and the Renault and I'll have them moved here shortly. I very much appreciate your interest in these projects my old friend.
Highest Regards,
Gregory Jouette
" What Me Worry"

Offline szymon

« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2013, 04:15:18 AM »
Any german vehicle would be a safe bet. Some allied vehicles can be built from existing kits of the Ford T, Rolls Royce, Double decker bus... but as far as I know there is no german WWI era car or truck produced.

Yes, but not all have the skills  as Gregory to modify these vehicles and would prefer to get the finished product.
Darius wants to start from Ford because it's simple design, and there is a chance that the fast emergence. German vehicles are also in the plans, it's just a matter of to get the documentation.
Best regards
Simon

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2013, 08:08:23 AM »
The Model T Ford can be converted into virtually any type of configuration but as you say Simon, not everyone has the skills to do that type of scratch building, so a range of purpose built WW1 model vehicles would appeal to a lot of people. As others have said, German, French, Italian vehicles are few and far between when it comes to 1:32 scale WW1, I look forward to seeing the first kit hit the market.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

mike in calif

« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2013, 12:59:43 PM »
Even one of each of the most common vehicle would be great; captured markings?

Offline Tony Haycock

« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2013, 07:09:22 PM »
My vote is for a Peugeot type 153. Firstly, the French Military used them so it would look great alonside the WNW Salmson when it arrives, and secondly, there is most of one sitting in my shed. And circumstantial evidence points to mine being ex-French Military...

Offline Captain Slower

• Every Dog Has His Day
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2013, 12:39:32 PM »
The Crossley 20/25 chassis was built into both the RFC Staff Car and the Tender.  In both configurations it had 6 wire wheels, dual rears.  At the level of kits we deal with, making a wheel set that provide rims, hub and jig to make monfiliament wire wheels is do-able.  The 6 wheels were of the same diameter and width.

I have been looking for decent drawings, have some average 3 view scaled to 1/32.

Offline Tony Haycock

« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2013, 11:39:27 AM »
The Crossley 20/25 chassis was built into both the RFC Staff Car and the Tender.  In both configurations it had 6 wire wheels, dual rears.  At the level of kits we deal with, making a wheel set that provide rims, hub and jig to make monfiliament wire wheels is do-able.  The 6 wheels were of the same diameter and width.

I have been looking for decent drawings, have some average 3 view scaled to 1/32.

No drawings, but good photos in "The Automobile" 30th anniversary edition of both staff car and tender

Offline IanB

« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2013, 01:55:52 PM »
I've just found this thread and noticed you also mentioned 1:72 scale - yes please! I have a some 1:72 tanks, plus a Model T ambulance and armoured car, but none of those really fit an aviation diorama. I'd love to see staff cars, light trucks etc in that scale....

Ian