Author Topic: WNW Sopwith Snipe 1:32 scale  (Read 2492 times)

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
WNW Sopwith Snipe 1:32 scale
« on: March 06, 2013, 12:21:08 PM »
I completed this model today and here are some photos of the finished product. I would recommend this kit to any modeler, it is so easy to construct with no vices at all, it was a complete joy to build.

A full build log of this model can be found here  http://www.ww1aircraftmodels.com/page41.html

Des.

« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 08:57:59 AM by Des »
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline PrzemoL

• There was Eru... and he made first the Ainur...
    • Przemysław Litewka
Re: WNW Sopwith Snipe 1:32 scale
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2013, 06:50:37 PM »
Absolutely immaculate, clean build, Des. I have been watching it unveil in the build log with a great pleasure. Congratulations on finishing such a lovely model.

My only "but" relates to your choice of the colour scheme. I guess, for you it is just exotic, yet for me here in Central Europe these stars have completely different connotations...
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 06:59:53 PM by PrzemoL »
Ash nazg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatuluk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2013, 07:06:40 PM »
Congratulations Des

Another world class build from you, and once again you raise the standards for the rest of us to aim for. Your Snipe is the best advertisement for the kit Wingnut Wings could hope for and a shining example to the rest of us of how a museum quality replica can be achieved from this kit.

The Russian decal option was an inspired choice by Wingnuts for the postwar Snipe variant.

We now await your next masterpiece!

kindest regards

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia
Owner and Administrator of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline mgunns

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2013, 11:02:56 PM »
Outstanding work Des: 

I like your rigging attachment points.  I don't know if I would have the patience to do that as I like the turnbuckle and EZ line, however, yours look the business.  The overall build is truly outstanding, I am looking forward to cracking the box and digging into mine.

Best

Mark
Mark

We few, we happy few.....

Offline Chris Johnson

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2013, 11:23:08 PM »
She's a spectacular looking model Des. Well done! Everything looks so clean and pristine. From poring over all you've written, I'm tempted to crack open the same kit and build it as practice for my eventual wartime Barker build.

Cheers,

Chris
You can have it good; You can have it fast; you can have it cheap. Pick any two, but all three are impossible.

Offline michael

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2013, 03:25:35 AM »
As ever Des your work is the gold standard! awesome.

michael
“An ounce of action is worth a ton of theory.”

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2013, 03:45:59 AM »
She's truly stunning, Des!  I love the way you rigged this one.  It certainly does look the business.  I'll have to give it a try.  I also really like the black stars on the brown/green background.  Very striking and sinister.
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline Epeeman

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2013, 07:53:48 AM »
Des,

I'll simply echo what others have said - a fabulous, clean and tidy build.  Your rigging is particularly impressive on this one.  I'm really looking forward to getting my Snipe kit on my birthday - especially as you have found this to be a good kit to put together.

Regards

Dave
As we say in fencing, what's the point?

Offline pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2013, 10:04:28 AM »
Nicely done. This might be in record time too!!

Steve

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2013, 12:36:34 PM »
Des,
    I never cease to be amazed at how quickly you produce such quality so fast with absolutely no compromise on quality; simply the epitome of a clean, crisp, and flawless Build! Now what's to be anticipated next? (I suspect it's very close to time for another of you awe inspiring magnificent Scratch Built beauties?!?)
Cheers,
Lance :)

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2013, 12:53:55 PM »
Thanks so much for all your very kind words, they are really appreciated.

Lance - My next scratch build project will be the Caudron G3 in 1:32 scale, I am still gathering information on this type so in the mean time I will finish off the Huck Starter, hopefully.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2013, 03:45:29 PM »
Des,
Not much to add other than another testament to your outstanding skills! Very Well done
RAGIII
« Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 04:26:09 AM by RAGIII »
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline ALBATROS1234

« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2013, 02:55:55 AM »
looks great but up des. on the black stars question . i just dont know. i thought it odd as i know the red start was in use at this time but maybe it was done like this becuz black paint is what was on hand. you know how hard it is to get a read on the old ortho stuff and i'm sure wnw had reason to believe they were black as opposed to the standard red. reguardless youu russian snipe is immaculate . great work. i cant wait to see the caudron unfold. i will try and see what else i can find for you ref wise besides the stuff i posted on the other thread.  cheers....scott

Offline GAJouette

• " Beware of the Spanish Inquisition"
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2013, 04:16:02 AM »
  Des,
As always my old friend she's Outstanding. Your great talent has served you well.
Highest Regards,
Gregory Jouette
" What Me Worry"

Offline Alamotom

« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2013, 11:26:38 AM »
An inspiration. Great job!