Author Topic: Academy/HobbyCraft 1/32nd Sopwith Camel  (Read 2401 times)

Offline mgunns

Re: Academy/HobbyCraft 1/32nd Sopwith Camel
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2013, 08:17:20 AM »
Mark,
Impressive Camel! your usual outstanding work all around from inside out! I am going to take the Chicken way out and wait for WNW  ;D
RAGIII

Hello RAGIII:

Thanks for checking it out and your comments.  I know that you could definitely turn this "sows ear" into a silk purse.  As they say in the Marine Corps and the Marine Corps Says, "You just need the proper motivation!"  ;)

Best

Mark
Mark

We few, we happy few.....

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2013, 01:06:15 AM »
Hey Mark,
   Been away the past two weeks but better late then never to offer compliments on a really nice OOB Build. I've got this in the stash as well, should the promised WNW Kit be delayed I may have to take a run at this one. Nicely done, not every Modeller can pull this off as well as you have!
Cheers,
Lance

Offline mgunns

« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2013, 02:30:36 AM »
Hello Lance:

Welcome back, hope you had a great vacation.  Thanks for checking out the model.  I wanted a Camel on the shelf and knowing that WNW is going to produce one at some time, I figured why not just build it?  You know, some doo dads from other kits, a little time on the cockpit, not much though, and viola.  A Camel.  I used your idea for the instrument panel.  I sanded off the raised instruments, using Des' instrument panel as a guide, I used bezels and decals for the instruments and a spare switch.  Turned out decently I reckon.

Best

Mark
Mark

We few, we happy few.....