Author Topic: WnW wish list.  (Read 11790 times)

Offline Fathom

Re: WnW wish list.
« Reply #45 on: May 07, 2012, 05:23:21 AM »
To my Antipodean friends,
Sopwith Camel (Please!)
Sopwith Dolphin
Lohner L
Aviatik D1, Oeffag D3, Phoenix D1
Felixtowe F. 2A
Etrich Taube
Walfisch

Thank you from New Haven, Connecticut
Fathom

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #46 on: May 07, 2012, 12:50:02 PM »
Although I tend to agree with keith about sooner than later on the next release, I would like to see a Dolphin, and a strutter! Used by 19 and 43 squadron respectively and would fit my collection nicely ;D
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline andonio64

• There's no hurry
« Reply #47 on: May 07, 2012, 10:19:47 PM »
Here is a list of my derams... all planes were either Italian built or used by Italian army Flying Corps during WW1...

- Maurice Farman MF11
- Caproni Ca3
- Ansaldo SVA5
- Ansaldo SVA 9 / SVA 10
- Voisin III
- SIA SP.2 and SP.3 Pushers
- SIA 7b
- Pomilio PD/PE
- SAML S.2
- Macchi M5
- FBA type H

...I keep dreaming!

Ciao

Antonio

Offline rhwinter

« Reply #48 on: May 09, 2012, 06:05:18 AM »
I would appreciate WnW going on to produce and offer decals seperately, like they did for the Albatros DV (a) and the Pfalz DIII! I could imagife, for example, some interesting "White" Snipes from the Russian Civil War... And many more, for sure!
Richard

Offline Fathom

« Reply #49 on: May 18, 2012, 10:59:07 AM »
All-
I am confused.
Wingnut are releasing a Sopwith Triplane, and a DH2 pusher even though Roden have recently produced 1/32 models of both Aircraft. And,yet they have no plans for a Sopwith Camel because "Hobbycraft Canada make a pretty goood example"? Hobbycraft's response to my inquiries about availability told me that their tooling had been damaged. Their kit is out of production.
In this conflict, there were in excess of 14,000 Camels produced, which downed more enemy aircraft than any other plane. It was flown by at least ten air forces during the "Great War"and was responsible for more enemy arcraft destroyed than any other design.
About, what, one hundred and twenty odd Sopwith tripehounds were thrown into the melee for a brief interval. They were a great design and, at once, a costly maintenance nightmare.
Manufacturers, someone please reconsider, A worthy example of the Camel in all its forms is shockingly absent in 1/32nd scale.
Can any one think of WW11 without a model of the Spitfire ot Mustang?
Respectfully.
Fathom

Offline petrov27

« Reply #50 on: May 18, 2012, 11:44:09 AM »
I believe that WNW had started work on their SE5a, DH2 and Sopwith Triplane prior to Roden announcing theirs - could be wrong but that sort of makes sense.

-Patrick

Offline Edo

« Reply #51 on: May 18, 2012, 10:37:55 PM »
maybe they started firs but the marketing date is way overdue!
I mean: all this waiting, which once was anticipation, is now turning to frustration...

WNW, do your homework! Don't be lazy! Give us something to chew!

ciao
edo

Offline pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
« Reply #52 on: May 18, 2012, 10:43:58 PM »
Im not frustrated...just checked I still have one or two in the to do pile.....

Steve

Offline Charlie Stevens

« Reply #53 on: May 19, 2012, 04:40:27 AM »
I have always been fond of the Halberstadt CL.II like the old Aurora model kit I built in the 60's. It was the first true ground attack scout plane. Both the pilot and gunner were in the same oval cockpit tub thus allowing for better communication between them.

Offline michael

« Reply #54 on: May 19, 2012, 05:30:22 AM »
what about if they made a kit of a plane without the linen covering, like a sort of skeleton.

or a bigger model of a engine say about 1/16 size

cheers
michael
“An ounce of action is worth a ton of theory.”

Dekenba

« Reply #55 on: May 19, 2012, 07:21:34 AM »
All-
I am confused.
Wingnut are releasing a Sopwith Triplane, and a DH2 pusher even though Roden have recently produced 1/32 models of both Aircraft. And,yet they have no plans for a Sopwith Camel because "Hobbycraft Canada make a pretty goood example"? Hobbycraft's response to my inquiries about availability told me that their tooling had been damaged. Their kit is out of production.
In this conflict, there were in excess of 14,000 Camels produced, which downed more enemy aircraft than any other plane. It was flown by at least ten air forces during the "Great War"and was responsible for more enemy arcraft destroyed than any other design.
About, what, one hundred and twenty odd Sopwith tripehounds were thrown into the melee for a brief interval. They were a great design and, at once, a costly maintenance nightmare.
Manufacturers, someone please reconsider, A worthy example of the Camel in all its forms is shockingly absent in 1/32nd scale.
Can any one think of WW11 without a model of the Spitfire ot Mustang?
Respectfully.
Fathom

Academy's Camel in 1/32, when allied to PART of Polands PE set, will produce a very good model of a Sopwith Camel for less than £30.

Offline pepperman42

« Reply #56 on: May 20, 2012, 05:34:43 AM »
Speaking of the Academy Camel - I know its the Hobbycraft kit but Im just wondering if its the original release or the updated one wit the better wings etc.

Steve

Offline GAJouette

• " Beware of the Spanish Inquisition"
« Reply #57 on: May 20, 2012, 05:41:53 AM »
  Steve,
The Academy Camel is the exact same kit as the original Hobbycraft. Starved cow wing ribs and all,but nothing that can't be fixed with much extra effort and a little TLC.
Highest Regards,
Gregory Jouette
" What Me Worry"

Offline pepperman42

« Reply #58 on: May 20, 2012, 08:14:14 AM »
Hmmm. Im going to stick to the newer improved HC kit even though the Academy goes cheap around here.

Steve

Offline GAJouette

• " Beware of the Spanish Inquisition"
« Reply #59 on: May 20, 2012, 09:31:24 AM »
  Steve,
Wise move my friend the two new tool Hobbycraft Camels are a major improvement over the original. Both are OOP right now though but they do show up on E-bay on occasion. You never know maybe just maybe H/C will reissues them again if the demand is high enough.
Highest Regards,
Gregory Jouette

PS: I don't know if you've seen this ongoing project or not .But you can see what can be done with the original H/C Camel.
http://forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com/index.php?topic=91.0
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 09:40:00 AM by GAJouette »
" What Me Worry"