Author Topic: Aviatik (Berg) DI 1/72 Scale  (Read 1289 times)

Offline Flyjunkie

• wherever You go, there You are...
Aviatik (Berg) DI 1/72 Scale
« on: June 29, 2012, 09:57:49 AM »
I just got this Eastern Express Aviatik (Berg) DI in 1/72 scale  the Kit looks pretty good, details are very nice for the scale.. There's even decals to completely Camo the Plane in that Austro-Hungarian Hex pattern..

Any one build this kit?? or other kits from Eastern Express??? any feedback regarding them???

I look forward to building this sometime in the near future..

Thanks for looking... ;)

Dean ~~ 8) 8)
"..Buy the Ticket, Take the Ride.." ~~ Hunter S. Thompson

Offline IanB

Re: Aviatik (Berg) DI 1/72 Scale
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2012, 12:52:05 PM »
I have this kit in my stash along with 2 other Eastern Express kits: the Sikorsky S.XVI and the Nieuport 11 Bebe. I haven't checked any of them against plans yet so can't say how accurate they are, but the mouldings appear to be pretty good. I also had the Eastern Express Bleriot XI which was a total waste of plastic - it was AWFUL!
  However, this kit and the Nieuport are Toko (Roden), whereas the Bleriot XI and the S.XVI are not - the S.XVI is also reasonable in mouldings but not as good as the Toko ones, and nowhere near as horrible as the Bleriot! (The Bleriot was so bad I scratchbuilt the whole thing and used maybe 2 kit parts for struts!)

I don't think any other kit I have ever had was as bad as the Bleriot, including other Eastern Express kits....the ex-Roden ones (including the Aviatik (Berg) D.I) appear pretty good, but check plans first!

Ian