Author Topic: Farewell and Thank You  (Read 4102 times)

Offline PrzemoL

• There was Eru... and he made first the Ainur...
    • Przemysław Litewka
Re: Farewell and Thank You
« Reply #45 on: March 26, 2024, 05:36:53 PM »
My deepest condolences to Dave's family - we all share your sadness. Let me assure you of my prayers for Dave, may he rest in peace.

We all here owe so much to Him, his dedication to keeping this place and maintaining it in the shape we cherish so much - they will never be forgotten.

Blue skies, Dave!!!  :'( :'( :'(
Ash nazg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatuluk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

Offline andonio64

• There's no hurry
« Reply #46 on: March 26, 2024, 05:57:07 PM »
These are news that are hard to believe, my heart does not want to accept this loss.
By the way most of what I feel in my heart is written by our comrade members in the posts above, I just want to add my personal warm embrace and condolences to Dave's family...

May he share the blue skies with Des.

Antonio

Offline NigelR

« Reply #47 on: March 26, 2024, 10:02:50 PM »
My deepest condolences to Sally, Royce and Dave's family. I am also dealing with the death of a close family member, so I know this is a time for both sadness and reflection. Those of us in our little community can look back and be so grateful for what Dave did for us. He put a lot of effort into keeping our community going and helping it thrive, always without complaint and in the most selfless way. If this is any measure of the man, I am sure you can all look back and think how lucky you were to have Dave in your lives. I know we were. He will not be forgotten.

Offline macsporran

« Reply #48 on: March 27, 2024, 12:02:30 AM »
My deepest condolences to Dave's family. I do so hope they manage to see these response from all his modelling friends around the world - showing the respect, trust and affection in which he was held by so many people.

I'm on the opposite side of the planet, but through so many conversations and shared exchanges over the last decade, know that I could have walked into a room with Dave and it would just have been to catch up with an old friend.

He will be missed.
Sandy

Offline Borsos

« Reply #49 on: March 27, 2024, 01:56:17 AM »
What horrible news these are. I am speechless.
Farewell, Sir.
"Deux armées aux prises, c'est une grande armée qui se suicide."
Barbusse.
"Ein Berg in Deutschland kann doch einen Berg in Frankreich nicht beleidigen. Oder ein Fluß oder ein Wald oder ein Weizenfeld."
Remarque.

Offline Rookie

• No guts, no glory...
« Reply #50 on: March 27, 2024, 04:23:24 AM »
Damn!!!!!

Offline Dirigible-Al

« Reply #51 on: March 27, 2024, 05:48:08 AM »
I would like to give my condolences to Dave's family too for their loss.
Alan.
I heard that it all started when a bloke called Archie Duke shot an ostrich 'cause he was hungry!

Offline Whiteknuckles

« Reply #52 on: March 27, 2024, 09:31:31 AM »
My condolences to Sally, Royce and the rest of Dave's family.
I know my words can do nothing to salve your pain and sorrow.
The strength of character Dave showed in his final message to us all was quite amazing, emotional and graceful.
He will be truly missed yet live on through his legacy here in our little community.

Blue skies David Wilson, thankyou and farewell.

Andrew
Eternal Apprentice

Offline pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
« Reply #53 on: March 27, 2024, 10:19:56 AM »
I was away for five days and came back to this. It is stunning and devastating news. Dave picked up the baton when we lost Des and continued to make this the place where calm, informative entertainment lived. Brad, this is a void you have been tasked with filling. I already know you will succeed. Dave chose well.

Steve

Offline Davos522

« Reply #54 on: March 27, 2024, 02:14:04 PM »
Sadly, as someone who never posted here on the forum until last year, I never had any direct contact with Dave, save for one act of kindness a few weeks ago which Brad relayed to my sons and I. But his last message spoke volumes—something like that could only have been written by a true gentleman, in that increasingly out-of-date phrase. All my best wishes to Sally, Royce, Miles, and the rest of his family and friends; he, and you all, have been and will continue to be in my prayers.

Dave Vosburgh
AKA Dutch
« Last Edit: April 01, 2024, 11:28:03 AM by Davos522 »

Offline rhwinter

« Reply #55 on: March 27, 2024, 04:29:48 PM »
My heartfelt condolences go out to you, Sally, and Dave's whole family! The loss, which Dave's passing means to us forumites, naturally is not compareable to what it means to you. But we are missing Dave - for our reasons. May he rest in peace.

Offline Softscience

« Reply #56 on: March 28, 2024, 03:27:53 AM »
Thank you for everything Dave.

Offline Vickers

« Reply #57 on: March 28, 2024, 06:17:42 AM »
Heartbreaking news. My thoughts and prayers are with Sally, Royce, the rest of the Wilson family and those who were blessed with the honor and privilege to have been among Dave's friends in this most difficult time.
Bruno: "How many rules are there?"

Willi: "I don't know... none of zem have ever been written down."

Offline Lyle

« Reply #58 on: March 28, 2024, 09:43:03 AM »
Very sad news. Sincere condolences to Dave's family.
Lyle

Offline enathan

« Reply #59 on: March 28, 2024, 10:32:22 AM »
So sad to hear of Dave's passing. Deepest condolences to his family.