Author Topic: Lukgraph planned releases for 2023  (Read 1490 times)

Offline Mike Norris

• RAF Old and Bold
    • Mikes WW1 Aircraft Models
Lukgraph planned releases for 2023
« on: June 23, 2023, 07:19:53 AM »
Hi all,
Posted in FB by Lukgraph today,

Mike

Retired - 27 years RAF service then 20 years Military Aerospace Technical Author/editor.

Offline rhallinger

Re: Lukgraph planned releases for 2023
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2023, 08:03:19 AM »
Oh Jaysus!  This is going to cost me a fortune!🤣

Bob

Offline Davos522

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2023, 12:32:02 PM »
Neat! That Jenny is going to take up a fair amount of shelf space, it’ll have a 16”-plus span in 1:32. But they were awesome planes.

Dave V.

Offline Borsos

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2023, 02:44:31 PM »
"Deux armées aux prises, c'est une grande armée qui se suicide."
Barbusse.
"Ein Berg in Deutschland kann doch einen Berg in Frankreich nicht beleidigen. Oder ein Fluß oder ein Wald oder ein Weizenfeld."
Remarque.

Offline Rookie

• No guts, no glory...
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2023, 03:36:34 PM »
My personal favourites are the Hanriots and the Jenny.

I've starting collecting cans....

Willem

Offline PrzemoL

• There was Eru... and he made first the Ainur...
    • Przemysław Litewka
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2023, 06:03:14 PM »
I happened to hear earlier from Łukasz directly about SOME of those plans. But seeing this full compilation made me speechless... :o :o :o
Ash nazg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatuluk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

Offline pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2023, 01:00:42 AM »
Mixed feelings. They do great work but their kits are $$$. I hoped CSM would do some of those announced. Suppose I'm just lazy and don't want the extra hassle of a complete resin if there's another option. Does that make me strictly commercial FZ? I will watch Mike, Prez and Borso build them....vicarious model building...

Steve

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2023, 02:10:59 AM »
Mixed feelings. They do great work but their kits are $$$. I hoped CSM would do some of those announced. Suppose I'm just lazy and don't want the extra hassle of a complete resin if there's another option. Does that make me strictly commercial FZ? I will watch Mike, Prez and Borso build them....vicarious model building...

Steve

You are not alone on with any of your thoughts Steve! I am however, going to try to save up for the Halberstadt DII as it fits into My Jasta 4 birds. Hopefully as these are Limited Run and $$$ CSM won't scrap any plans if they had/haver them. Roden and or Special Hobby also!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline PrzemoL

• There was Eru... and he made first the Ainur...
    • Przemysław Litewka
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2023, 07:45:07 AM »
I understand yor mixed feelings, gentlemen. But then, I am glad to see these plans and I doubt they will change anything in CSM, Roden or SH release plans. I am certain that if any of these kits appeared in injection version they would find the buyers. Yet, seeing the rate at which such kits appear after the WNW demise, the Lukgraph ones will have their time in the market, even though they will not sell in hundreds of copies due to their price and resin intricacies.
As for me I have gathered a stash of 12 WNW and 4 Lukgraph kits including the freshly delivered Oeffag. That will make me busy for 3 years at least. And I regret to say I will not buy any of these announcements, maybe with an exception of a Phoenix.
Ash nazg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatuluk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

Offline Tim Mixon

• Main focus is 1/72 WWI
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2023, 09:41:12 AM »
I’ll keep waiting on the 1/72 releases.  😂

Offline KiwiZac

• Global Moderator
    • My Linktree
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2023, 10:25:55 AM »
HD.1 and Jenny are real wishlist items for me, and I've had a hankering for a Halberstadt D.II. Brilliant news!!
Zac in NZ

Offline Dave Brewer

« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2023, 11:43:19 AM »
At least one Hanriot,Halberstadt and Phonix for me, probably a Jenny too-happy days!

Offline Mike Norris

• RAF Old and Bold
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2023, 06:34:58 PM »
Hi all,
I think the release of the Phonix D.I might spell doom for the projected 'KatModels' release.
This rate of releases in both scales just proves how quick it can be to 3D print parts, including the masters for resin molded parts.
I guess it's down to the individual to decide if the cost and parts content of these kits are worthwhile by comparison to similar traditional injection molded kits.
Where 'Lukgraph' score is in producing aircraft models not released by any company in the past and cost aside, that will always attract customers,

Mike
« Last Edit: June 24, 2023, 06:49:53 PM by Mike Norris »

Retired - 27 years RAF service then 20 years Military Aerospace Technical Author/editor.

Offline Russell Niles

« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2023, 04:03:26 AM »
OH LORD have mercy. A Jenny finally in 32nd.  Be still my beating heart.
I really had hopes that ICM would do one of these in injected plastic. BUT If Lukegraph is going to do one then I'm pretty sure I shall have to cave in and buy one.

Russ

Offline Mike Norris

• RAF Old and Bold
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2023, 07:54:41 AM »
Hi all,
I have and will continue to order models created by 'Lukgraph'.
Primarily because they are producing aircraft never released before.
However, one concern I have is that other companies may feel it's no longer viable to spend considerable amounts of money creating injection kits.
Especially given how many kits can be produced in one year using 3D printing, such as 'Lukgraph' are able to do.
It takes time to create injection kits from such as 'Copper State Models', 'Roden' and 'Aviattic' for example.

Fingers crossed we continue to have aircraft models from these companies and we are not restricted to just those models created only by 3D printing,

Mike