Author Topic: Lukgraph planned releases for 2023  (Read 1489 times)

Offline jeroen_R90S

Re: Lukgraph planned releases for 2023
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2023, 05:37:47 PM »
Interesting point, Mike. With costs being what they are for injection moulded kits I can only assume some popular choices may be viable for injection moulding. That said, CSM seem, other than the Nieuport series, to do some rather unexpected ones such as the Scout and hopefully in the future the Hansa-Brandenburg D.I.

Maybe I'm overly pessimistic, but the market for 1/32 scale WWI models, isn't all that big as as a whole, and other than maybe the Hanriot, I can't really see any of these subjects making a lot of money in injection moulded form.
I  always had the feeling, seeing how fine some of the detail in their 1/72 models is, Roden could do much more complex and detailed models in 1/32, but there's probably a price to which they adhere to make it a viable project for them.
That said, 3D/Resin isn't anyones cup of tea, both in €€ but also the material itself, and even with the upcoming Lukgraph kit of say the Hanriot, my totally uneducated guess is a Roden 1/32 Hanriot might still do well enough should they decide to persue that?

Fortunately for me, most subjects on this list don't do a lot for me, except the Phönixes...  :o

Jeroen

PS given the comments on Facebook on this news by Lukgraph, they're not quite done yet, also for next year.  I don't do Facebook so I can't comment there, but might we see a Breguet XIV, Albatros C.X, or a Fokker C.I ?? :D

Offline macsporran

« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2023, 03:33:08 AM »
I'm with Steve and Rick on this: not too excited about hyper-expensive short-run resin/3D renderings of these fairly mainstream types. It worries me that this plan might put off, say CSM or Roden, from giving us a good Hanriot, Oeffag Alb, Halb D.II or Phoenix at the 60GBP price point. It strikes me a bit like the wee boy that licks his hand and touches the best cake on the table saying, "Bagsie this one for me", so nobody else can have it. (Fair does to Lukgraph though, they certainly do deliver timeously on their promises!)

I can afford the price, but I've got 60 or 70 unmade WNW, Aviattic, CSM quality kits in the stash and probably more than I can make before the hands and eyes give up on me and, while I've just bought a Roden Strutter and a CSM Bristol, I won't splash out 200GBP for a kit I'll probably never make. Makes sense for the likes of Mike with his phenomenal build rate, but I'm much too slow. At 200GBP you really have to do the kit full justice with all the detail bells and whistles, whereas at 60GBP I'll happily kitbash an OOB non-competition-entrant purely for my own pleasure.

I'm sure they'll sell the limited run, but please, CSM and Roden, I'd still buy a Hanriot or an Oeffag from you.
Sandy

Offline crouthaj

« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2023, 07:25:47 AM »
It's fantastic to see Lukgraph cranking out such interesting variants (especially the German and Austro-Hungarian birds).  An Albatros C.X, Breguet, and other two-seater types would be most welcome.

Jason