Author Topic: JASTA 19 tail colors  (Read 1598 times)

Offline Von Salza

JASTA 19 tail colors
« on: April 17, 2023, 04:45:28 AM »
Hi everyone.
I am starting 1/48 Albatros D.V project form Eduard. Walter Bohning plane during his Jasta 19 service.

Eduard's paint scheme:

Does anyone know probable colors of the horizontal stabiliser? Those white and blue stripes from Eduard's instruction look very nice, but Jasta 19 had it's own paint schemes in that period (August 1917).
Thank You for any help.

Offline jeroen_R90S

Re: JASTA 19 tail colors
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2023, 06:02:35 AM »
Not an Albatros marking expert, but Wingnut Wings depicts the Jasta 19 colours here:

It could be perspective, but the black-white upper fuselage bands look different in the profile to the photo -the black band seems wider? The aircraft you posted does not seem to have them at first glance.

Although I freely admit I don't know if both aircraft are from the same timeframe.

Jeroen

PS the windscreen on your example looks like it came off a Nieuport?

Offline Von Salza

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2023, 07:34:05 AM »
Thanks for Your answer.
I accepted that Eduard's camo shows the plane just after moving from Jasta 19 to 76.
Maybe as it was...

Offline jeroen_R90S

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2023, 05:18:35 PM »
Yes, we'll probably never know for sure!
What I recently discovered on the WNW site while my script was trying to pull a copy of it is that in the "archive photo's" there are images to be found that don't always seem to have been linked to product pages. There are some more images marked as Jasta 19 in there as well -though none of "your" Albatros.

It is a nice scheme!

Jeroen