Author Topic: Sopwith Snipe decals for the new WNW kit!  (Read 6690 times)

Offline ermeio

Re: Sopwith Snipe decals for the new WNW kit!
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2013, 01:38:52 AM »
Hi, Rowan
It would be nice to have the decals for the all-white racing Snipe with the Red Indian Chief Head on the tail (they would not take much space...)
ermeio

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2013, 03:04:11 AM »
Thank you, Rowan!  Any idea as to a release date?
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline rowan broadbent

« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2013, 03:31:23 AM »
Hi, Rowan
It would be nice to have the decals for the all-white racing Snipe with the Red Indian Chief Head on the tail (they would not take much space...)
ermeio

I only have one photo of it from the Datafile and no colour refs, Can you supply any better references?

Thank you, Rowan!  Any idea as to a release date?

Cheers,
Bud

I'm in the hands of the French Post Office, Bud (a nasty situation, to be sure). I can't finalise the decal designs until I have the kit to tailor the various stripes and bands to but I would guess that early March might be doable - provided there isn't too much of a queue at the printers....
Forget your perfect offering
There is a crack, a crack in everything – that’s how the light gets in

Leonard Cohen

Offline coyotemagic

• My Models
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2013, 04:15:33 AM »
Thanks, Rowan.  In all honesty, I doubt I'd be able to start my Snipe before March, anyway.  I've got a SPAD XIII and two Halberstadts Cl.IV on the bench in early stages.
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline ermeio

« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2013, 05:25:45 AM »
Hi, Rowan
ermeio

I only have one photo of it from the Datafile and no colour refs, Can you supply any better references?

I have found two good photos on the net, and so it should not be difficult to trace the shapes of the indian
the first is the one in the attachment
I remember also something about this snipe, maybe in Skyways but cannot remember precisely where..

the second, too large to be uploaded here is from the WWI models forum:
http://www.wwi-models.org/Photos/Collections/TedWolf/pics/full/1-c-25-2.jpg

I hope these may help you and that our friend modelers will contribute somethimg more
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 05:28:14 AM by ermeio »

Offline Chris Johnson

« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2013, 09:54:23 AM »
And here I was, completely dis-interested in the D.VII as it has no rigging to speak of. What a boring build, but now, with three Canadian marking schemes on the horizon, I'll actually buy three of these kits!

Thanks Rowan, and I mean that in a good way. If you were to ask my wife though . . .  :o

Cheers,

Chris
You can have it good; You can have it fast; you can have it cheap. Pick any two, but all three are impossible.

Offline Trackpad

« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2013, 11:57:33 PM »
And here I was, completely dis-interested in the D.VII as it has no rigging to speak of. What a boring build, but now, with three Canadian marking schemes on the horizon, I'll actually buy three of these kits!

Thanks Rowan, and I mean that in a good way. If you were to ask my wife though . . .  :o

Cheers,

Chris

Chris,

You knew it was going to happen. After all, for us, the "Canadian Connection" trumps "rigging challenges" all the time!  ;D
Cheers!
Gary

"It was an adventure, a great adventure. And, like all great adventures, we never knew where it would lead or how it would end."

Offline mgunns

« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2013, 02:17:59 AM »
Hi, Rowan
ermeio

It appears to have some sort of scalloping on the upper wing tip, the horizontal tip and piping around the fin.  The middle section has some color to it, and it also appears as if there is a white "scallop" down the spine.  The border lines between the center and aft section must have some color too.  It is a neat scheme and would look good on the model if Rowan can pull it off.  Anyone know what the colors are?

I have found two good photos on the net, and so it should not be difficult to trace the shapes of the indian
the first is the one in the attachment
I remember also something about this snipe, maybe in Skyways but cannot remember precisely where..

the second, too large to be uploaded here is from the WWI models forum:
http://www.wwi-models.org/Photos/Collections/TedWolf/pics/full/1-c-25-2.jpg

I hope these may help you and that our friend modelers will contribute somethimg more
Mark

We few, we happy few.....

Offline pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2013, 06:13:58 AM »
I must be the heretic Canadian - I like those post war RAF schemes by far.....

Steve

Offline Trackpad

« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2013, 09:20:11 AM »
I must be the heretic Canadian - I like those post war RAF schemes by far.....

Steve

Nah, you're not a heretic. A number of Canadians served in the postwar RAF, Collishaw for one. He served into WW2, initially in Africa, driving his lone Hurricane all over the place trying to convince the Italians that he had lots more Hurris than one!

But you just can't beat a VC Snipe, IMHO!  ;)
Cheers!
Gary

"It was an adventure, a great adventure. And, like all great adventures, we never knew where it would lead or how it would end."

Offline rowan broadbent

« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2013, 04:13:15 AM »
Yahoo! The Snipe landed today - what an absolute beauty!

Right. Off to get the fuselage mapped. I'll aim to get the artwork away for printing both sets this week-end.
Forget your perfect offering
There is a crack, a crack in everything – that’s how the light gets in

Leonard Cohen

Offline coyotemagic

• My Models
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2013, 05:17:08 AM »
Great news, Rowan!  I got mine 2 days ago and I'm itchin' to get started.  I got the early one, so put me down for the Barker Sheet.
Cheers,
Bud

Offline Trackpad

« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2013, 06:23:20 AM »
My Snipe is on the way, and should be in the GWN within the week. Now, if I get it  and get the Barker markings from Rowan in good time ...well, my current Group Build subject might find itself in dire straits!  Go it, Rowan! ::)
Cheers!
Gary

Offline Chris Johnson

« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2013, 10:43:07 AM »
My Snipes landed at the back door today, courtesy of Canada Post. Looking forward to ordering a set of Barker's markings.

My Snipe is on the way, and should be in the GWN within the week. Now, if I get it  and get the Barker markings from Rowan in good time ...well, my current Group Build subject might find itself in dire straits!  Go it, Rowan! ::)

I'll have none of that Gary!  ;D

Cheers,

Chris
You can have it good; You can have it fast; you can have it cheap. Pick any two, but all three are impossible.

Online lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2013, 01:00:28 PM »
Quote from Trackpad
My Snipe is on the way, and should be in the GWN within the week. Now, if I get it  and get the Barker markings from Rowan in good time ...well, my current Group Build subject might find itself in dire straits!  Go it, Rowan!

I'm with Chris, Gary. Keep the Snipe off the bench until the Bif is done! (I'm not ordering the Snipe anytime too soon for the same reason. I have great resolve and willpower however have been easily led astray on occasion!)
Cheers,
Lance