Author Topic: Pheon Decals. Sad News about Rowan Broadbent 17 July 1953 — 21 January 2023 RIP  (Read 2898 times)

Offline Tim Mixon

• Main focus is 1/72 WWI
Very sad news indeed.  I am grateful that Rowan and Sabine are no longer struggling with this cancer. I wish Sabine peace in his absence and will continue to support their business in any way possible. 
Rest in peace Rowan!

Offline rhwinter

This is very sad news! Rowan was SO important for our hobby!! My condolences for Sabine and family.

Offline pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
Thank you Sabine for always being there for Rowan. A partner I'm sure he always cherished and deserved. Our community will miss his wonderful work and passion for a subject we all benefited from.

Steve
« Last Edit: May 27, 2023, 12:02:20 AM by pepperman42 »

Offline Bluesfan

• MW Miniature Work
So very sad.
His work was hugely appreciated, his loss will be deeply felt.
His contribution to our hobby was extraordinary, his design work and his research was of the highest standard. I used to marvel at the detail. And if he didn't know an answer - was it red? Was it black? - He'd give you both options.
His love of the subject matter and the history was obvious.
Immense gratitude.

Mark

Offline IanB

Very sad news indeed. Rowan will most certainly be sorely missed.
My sincere condolences to Sabine and the family.

Ian

Offline Dirigible-Al

Terrible news.
I would like to pass on my heart felt condolences to Sabine and family.
Alan
I heard that it all started when a bloke called Archie Duke shot an ostrich 'cause he was hungry!

Offline Brad Cancian

• Administrator
  • "This time I've got you, Red Baron!"
    • Brad's Models
Such sad news. Rowan was a stalwart of our part of the hobby and he did much to raise the bar in terms of research and production quality for decal sets. His products were second to none.

His loss will be a huge hole to fill in our community.

My heartfelt condolences to Sabine, and the family.

Brad

Offline Elanman

Although heard yesterday from another source I remain deeply saddened to hear this. I had the pleasure and privilege of meeting Rowan on a number of occasions at model shows and thoroughly enjoyed his engaging and knowledgeable discussions on all subjects of shared interest. I consider myself amongst the fortunate to have a good number of his superb decal sheets which continue to inspire ongoing and future projects.  My sincere condolences to Sabine and all of Rowan’s family. Rest in Peace Sir and blue skies.

Offline macsporran

I can't say the one word that went through my head when I heard this news.

Condolences and strength to Sabine and the family.
Sandy

Online Rookie

• No guts, no glory...
I never had the pleasure of working with his decals, but I know he was a craftsman and that he was well respected and liked in this community.

My sincere condoleances for his family and loved ones.

Willem

Offline Syd Solo

Very sad news. Rowan was always a friendly, helpful and well humoured man in my experience. His research and knowledge on our subject was of a very high level. In fact, my main reason for buying his decals was to have his excellent notes about the aircraft and pilots, My heart goes out to Sabine. He will be much missed.

Syd

Offline Monty

Rowan will be sorely missed - he was indeed a great researcher and produced wonderful decals for us. Condolences to his family.

Offline Eric Armstrong

• Expectation is a prison
God Bless Rowan, Sabine and his family.  A perfect gentleman and an important contributor to the history of WWI aviation history.
Honor Necessity