Author Topic: Jasta Colors Volume 2  (Read 1581 times)

Offline James

Jasta Colors Volume 2
« on: January 11, 2023, 12:45:13 AM »
Axes Grind and Maces Clash

Offline pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
Re: Jasta Colors Volume 2
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2023, 01:17:38 AM »
Excellent!! Just ordered it.

Steve

Offline Borsos

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2023, 02:03:24 AM »
I also ordered immediately.
Andreas
"Deux armées aux prises, c'est une grande armée qui se suicide."
Barbusse.
"Ein Berg in Deutschland kann doch einen Berg in Frankreich nicht beleidigen. Oder ein Fluß oder ein Wald oder ein Weizenfeld."
Remarque.

Offline James

Jasta Colors Volume 2
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2023, 02:18:50 AM »
Ordered mine as well. Should get it Friday.

James
Axes Grind and Maces Clash

Offline WD

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2023, 05:25:33 AM »
Well, I assume most of you have gotten your copies by now. Not that I need convincing to buy a copy,  . . . but . . . you thoughts? Criticisms?

Warren

Offline Borsos

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2023, 05:45:19 PM »
Well, I assume most of you have gotten your copies by now. Not that I need convincing to buy a copy,  . . . but . . . you thoughts? Criticisms?

Warren

I am especially interested in the time 1916/early 1917 so this Volume fits perfectly. I really like the new thoughts and theories regarding some older, well known color profiles and really enjoy all the new, unknown ones. For me also the discussion regarding Prince Friedrich of Prussia‘s Albatros D. I was warmly welcome, although the longer I think about it the less some of the details here convince me.
I think it’s a fantastic book and well worth the money. It is well written, as far as I can say that, it contains lots of new material and it is very well researched.
The quality of the photos, however, stays far behind the pictures e. g. in the Windsock datafiles. But the mediocre quality of b/w photographs for me is a problem of the whole book series including the books on certain airplane manufacturers as well.
Andreas
"Deux armées aux prises, c'est une grande armée qui se suicide."
Barbusse.
"Ein Berg in Deutschland kann doch einen Berg in Frankreich nicht beleidigen. Oder ein Fluß oder ein Wald oder ein Weizenfeld."
Remarque.

Offline Dubar

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2024, 07:30:30 AM »
I just got Volumes 1 and 2 today from Amazon.  Lot of reading and photos to look at!!!