Author Topic: Airfix 1/72nd :DO17z, He111-P, Ju87B, Blenheim 1F, Eduard Me110 , PLUS!  (Read 8550 times)

Offline DaveB

Wonderful work here Rick -

love the Stuka!

Regards

Dave
As we say in fencing, what's the point!

Offline lone modeller

More superb models Rick: all are first class winners!

Try smuggling some models in with the groceries and tell your wife that they must have fallen from the shelf as you passed by...!

Stephen.

Offline RAGIII

Wonderful work here Rick -

love the Stuka!

Regards

Dave

Thank Dave! I did make one change to the Stuka after the photo. I had lost the leading edge wing light clear part. The photo shows white glue filled in. I didn't like the results so tried something else. The clear plastic provided to cover and protect pointed paint brushes works great when cut to size.

RAGIII

More superb models Rick: all are first class winners!

Try smuggling some models in with the groceries and tell your wife that they must have fallen from the shelf as you passed by...!

Stephen.

Thanks Stephen. Funny thing here. In the late 80's and early 90's I worked at a Hobby Shop. I used to take an Empty Model Box, ie. a Monogram B-17, to work with Me. My reason being to show the guys  8) When I came home it May have been a bit more full   ::)
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline RAGIII

This is the Airfix Gladiator when almost finished. Just realized I haven't taken/ saved any of the completed version:
RAGIII

Offline RichieW

That's a lovely little Gladiator. You BoB project is growing quickly and the models are beautiful. I saw a fantastic program on YouTube all about September 15th 1940 today. I think you would enjoy it if you haven't seen it already.

https://youtu.be/BMkGJ8RboJ0

Richie

Offline lone modeller

I think the Gladiator was the best looking of all the late biplanes - graceful and balanced. You have really captured the look with that model - and the camouflage looks just right to my eyes. (At last an aeroplane with some rigging too!)

Stephen

Offline RAGIII

That's a lovely little Gladiator. You BoB project is growing quickly and the models are beautiful. I saw a fantastic program on YouTube all about September 15th 1940 today. I think you would enjoy it if you haven't seen it already.

https://youtu.be/BMkGJ8RboJ0

Richie

Thanks Richie for commenting! I will check out the link at a time when the Wife doesn't have me involved with painting 1/1 scale doors  :-[
RAGIII

I think the Gladiator was the best looking of all the late biplanes - graceful and balanced. You have really captured the look with that model - and the camouflage looks just right to my eyes. (At last an aeroplane with some rigging too!)

Stephen

Thanks Stephen. Yeah, a biplane was nice to work on even if a bit fiddly in 1/72nd  ::)
RAGIII

and one more of the Gladiator: I plan to re-do the antenna wire....someday!

Offline Borsos

That’s a pretty Gladiator, Rick. I wasn’t aware yet that it is also a BoB plane.
Andreas
"Deux armées aux prises, c'est une grande armée qui se suicide."
Barbusse.
"Ein Berg in Deutschland kann doch einen Berg in Frankreich nicht beleidigen. Oder ein Fluß oder ein Wald oder ein Weizenfeld."
Remarque.

Offline RAGIII

That’s a pretty Gladiator, Rick. I wasn’t aware yet that it is also a BoB plane.
Andreas

Thanks Andreas! Yes there were a couple of Squadrons still equipped with the Gladiator during the BoB. They didn't play a significant role but were around. I might do a Sea Gladiator someday also. One of those from Coastal Command actually shot down a German Bomber as late as November 1940.
RAGIII
« Last Edit: May 12, 2023, 02:47:46 AM by RAGIII »