Author Topic: Quinta Studios Lozenge  (Read 3075 times)

Offline pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
Quinta Studios Lozenge
« on: November 17, 2022, 12:43:59 AM »
Looks like Quinta is getting into the actual decal business. 5 colour upper and lower semi transparent lozenge in 1/72 $3.75US and 1/48 $6.25US at Hobbynut Models

Steve
« Last Edit: November 17, 2022, 12:48:14 AM by pepperman42 »

Offline Stuart Malone

Re: Quinta Studios Lozenge
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2022, 04:04:56 AM »
Steve,

Thanks for the notification.  I just ordered some.  Hopefully we'll see them around the new year.

Stuart

Offline Mike Norris

• RAF Old and Bold
    • Mikes WW1 Aircraft Models
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2022, 08:08:49 AM »
Just 1:48 and 1:72 so far.

Mike

Retired - 27 years RAF service then 20 years Military Aerospace Technical Author/editor.

Offline phil2015

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2022, 11:15:06 AM »
Has anyone figured out how many Albatros D Vs you can do with a package?

I'm very pleased with their interior 3-d printed decals so am hopeful about these....

Offline phil2015

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2022, 11:27:31 AM »

I see that they are also coming out with fuselage plywood decals of various sorts....

Offline Rick_H

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2022, 03:10:40 PM »
Has anyone figured out how many Albatros D Vs you can do with a package?

I just received mine today.  They look to be printed PERFECTLY.  (I'm still trying to figure out what I will do with a bunch of Americals sheets, ranging from a little bit out of register to way out of register.)

The 1/72 Quinta set has two strips, 7 1/2" x 5/8" ( 193mm x 18mm)  I think the answer is one Albatros per package, and the pack is either upper or lower.  Looks like a great value to me.

Rick in Seattle

Offline Stuart Malone

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2023, 06:07:48 AM »
I tried them on the faired spreader bar on a 1/72nd scale Eduard Fokker D.VII I was well along painting.  Their instructions say to paint the background white before applying the decals.  I didn't understand this until I slid them off the sheet.  They are very transparent.  After application, the result looked similar to Aviattic's faded lozenge.  This wasn't the look I wanted on this particular build, so I removed the decal before it dried.  I do intend to build a generic D.VII, probably with green streaked fuselage, and do the wings up in the Quinta lozenge to give it a proper go.

Stuart

Offline WD

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2023, 07:16:05 AM »
For me this begs the question: are these decals significantly better than Aviattic's offerings?

Warren

Offline pepperman42

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2023, 09:15:05 AM »
That's the $1000000 question. Price and availability factor in but decal companies are LEGION for other subject matter so choice is nice in this niche market.

Steve

Offline Brad Cancian

• Administrator
  • "This time I've got you, Red Baron!"
    • Brad's Models
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2023, 10:24:16 AM »
For me this begs the question: are these decals significantly better than Aviattic's offerings?

Warren

I am also interested in whether or not these are a little easier to apply than the Aviattic decals. I like the Aviattic stuff in terms of colour density but their stretchiness and difficulty to trim once applied are the areas I have found most challenging. Is the Quinta stuff any better?

Cheers,

BC

Offline Borsos

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2023, 05:28:07 PM »
Are Quinta products available in Europe at all? As far as I know they’re from Russia so given the current political/military quarrel also this kind of „military equipment“ might be subject of restrictions.
Andreas
"Deux armées aux prises, c'est une grande armée qui se suicide."
Barbusse.
"Ein Berg in Deutschland kann doch einen Berg in Frankreich nicht beleidigen. Oder ein Fluß oder ein Wald oder ein Weizenfeld."
Remarque.

Offline WD

« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2023, 06:52:37 AM »
Are Quinta products available in Europe at all? As far as I know they’re from Russia so given the current political/military quarrel also this kind of „military equipment“ might be subject of restrictions.
Andreas

I was wondering that as well Andreas.

Warren

Offline pepperman42

« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2023, 10:36:54 AM »
I ordered mine for another project from the48ers.com - Cyprus and only 1/48. I too would hesitate ordering from Russia which is unfortunate.

Steve

Offline Stuart Malone

« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2023, 05:31:13 AM »
Interesting, yes Quinta is located in Russia.  I ordered the lozenge through HobbyNut Models.

As far as their application, they seemed just like any other thin decal.  I had no problems putting them on or getting them to lay down.

Stuart

Offline Brad Cancian

• Administrator
  • "This time I've got you, Red Baron!"
    • Brad's Models
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2023, 06:45:25 PM »

As far as their application, they seemed just like any other thin decal.  I had no problems putting them on or getting them to lay down.

Stuart

Thanks Stuart - what were they like to trim once applied?

Cheers,

BC