Author Topic: Last of the WNW?  (Read 7612 times)

Offline pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
Re: Last of the WNW?
« Reply #45 on: December 12, 2022, 01:03:38 AM »
This is both happy and sad times. I'm glad many on this forum got kits they were looking and hoping to find. At the same time it is the end of an era.....maybe just a pause.... :'(

Offline guitarfool

« Reply #46 on: December 16, 2022, 11:18:20 AM »
Just got this: Kitlinx announced they got a shipment of WnW:
https://www.kitlinx.com/cgi/search.cgi?terms=wnw32
Looks to be the same selection that Andy's and SprueBrothers got. Prices about the same as SprueBrothers. And they're not sold out yet :)

Offline pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
« Reply #47 on: December 18, 2022, 01:28:10 AM »
Wonder what the price to dealers was from the accountants that released the stock? Usually it's significantly discounted to get rid of it. The selling prices vs the original WNW prices is significantly higher - ie clearly speculative.....ok I'm stating the obvious I suppose...For what it's worth, other than those that have been destroyed/lost all molds seem to reappear eventually......jus sayin yo'.......I can wait for the Hex Nut Rudder kit......(now known as HNR)

Steve

Offline Pup7309

« Reply #48 on: December 26, 2022, 08:05:38 AM »
Wonder what the price to dealers was from the accountants that released the stock? Usually it's significantly discounted to get rid of it. The selling prices vs the original WNW prices is significantly higher - ie clearly speculative.....ok I'm stating the obvious I suppose...For what it's worth, other than those that have been destroyed/lost all molds seem to reappear eventually......jus sayin yo'.......I can wait for the Hex Nut Rudder kit......(now known as HNR)

Steve

Who knows. Maybe firesale with a stipulation to be sold at retail?- purely a guess.
I was looking at the two Gotha G1 and UWD. The thought popped into my head - ‘what were they thinking?!’ Although a masterpiece in themselves, I can’t help thinking WNW owner could have covered other subjects, for staff to spend R and D time, before the crash and burn.
Water under the bridge now. Im looking forward to what Kotare brings out, even though WW2, I’m hoping there’s a few WW1, or even pre or post ww1 aircraft on offer. I will be adding a Spit or 2 to the stash, they look really good- WNW quality. From across the ditch - Go NZ !
« Last Edit: December 26, 2022, 08:11:32 AM by Pup7309 »
‘Not all who wander are lost‘

Offline Flik63J

« Reply #49 on: February 18, 2023, 12:34:44 AM »
Hannants have received their delivery, and I got the four kits that I put on back order last year.
Christmas has come early guys!

David

Online PrzemoL

• There was Eru... and he made first the Ainur...
    • Przemysław Litewka
« Reply #50 on: February 18, 2023, 12:40:07 AM »
Hannants have received their delivery, and I got the four kits that I put on back order last year.
Christmas has come early guys!

David

Me, too, me, too, me, too!!!  :) :) :)
Fokker D.VII, Junkers D.I, Bristol F.2b Late and DH.9 are being packed as we speak...
Ash nazg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatuluk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

Offline loopyloop

« Reply #51 on: February 18, 2023, 07:52:06 PM »
Well pleased got my order in, Albatros B2, USAS Camel and a Roland C11

Offline KiwiZac

• Global Moderator
    • My Linktree
« Reply #52 on: February 19, 2023, 06:27:41 AM »
Congratulations folks, I'm so happy for you all! I'me xcited to follow your builds as they make their way through your progressive queues.

Offline aircooled

« Reply #53 on: February 21, 2023, 01:02:03 AM »
I bought a few on my "never going to get another chance for one" list and missed a few more. Which got me to thinking... Instead of spending money on a dead and gone model company, why not support a young and growing one? So,I popped over to Copper State and pre-ordered a Scout. And, because they're offering free shipping over 100euro, bought a Caudron as well. Two for around the price of a single WNW.

Online PrzemoL

• Przemysław Litewka
« Reply #54 on: February 21, 2023, 01:30:29 AM »
I bought a few on my "never going to get another chance for one" list and missed a few more. Which got me to thinking... Instead of spending money on a dead and gone model company, why not support a young and growing one? So,I popped over to Copper State and pre-ordered a Scout. And, because they're offering free shipping over 100euro, bought a Caudron as well. Two for around the price of a single WNW.

A fair point. But then, why not go for both? As for me, besides the last WNWs mentioned above, I have Caudron since it was released (currently on the bench) and Bristol Scout preordered since it was announced  ;)

Offline Europapete

« Reply #55 on: February 21, 2023, 12:38:55 PM »
Also don't forget to preorder Lukgraph's Lohner L.

Online PrzemoL

• Przemysław Litewka
« Reply #56 on: February 21, 2023, 05:12:36 PM »
Also don't forget to preorder Lukgraph's Lohner L.

obligatory  ;D ;D ;D