Author Topic: Huck Starter build 1:32 scale  (Read 20712 times)

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
Re: Huck Starter build 1:32 scale
« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2013, 10:39:14 AM »
You're making outstanding progress, Des!  This is really going to be fun project to watch.
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline ALBATROS1234

« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2013, 06:24:36 AM »
looks great des. just so everyone knows lindberg has the pyro "t" molds and its still in production i got one 8 months ago. it stll says pyro on the parts.

Offline rhallinger

« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2013, 08:04:03 AM »
Gregory:  I'd love to see you repost the build thread for your Renault Feild Truck at an appropriate place here on the forum.  I think period vehicles can add a great deal of interest and open up new possibilities for displaying our aircraft models.

Des:  Great work!  Your Huck Starter build has really piqued my interest in period vehicles to go along with the aircraft.  Thanks!

Anyone know what other 1/32 kits might be available for period vehicles, other than the Pyro/Lindberg Model T?

Regards,

Bob

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2013, 08:32:18 AM »
http://members.ziggo.nl/dwijsman/

Have a look at the link Bob, they deal only in 1:32 scale old car kits, a bit expensive but they have a lot of hard to find models, this is where I purchased my Model T Pie Wagon.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline rhallinger

« Reply #34 on: January 31, 2013, 01:46:32 PM »
Very cool site, Des!  Thanks for the link.

Regards,

Bob

Offline ALBATROS1234

« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2013, 06:09:51 PM »
your mods are looking great on this des. i checked it out on your father site and saw the full build. after looking at the sprue shots i am certain that the 1/32 lindberg 1915 model "t" ford  kit is the old pyro kit re-popped. it even says pyro on the sprues. the only diff btw mine and your besides the plastic being white is the sprue which has the pie wagon body is replaced with a sprue for a basic 1915 "T" body. so if anyone is wanting to get a 1/32 ford ford whatever ww1 aero projects they can get this " in production" linberg version for $12. keep up the good work i'll check in here time to time .

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #36 on: February 09, 2013, 08:37:13 PM »
I spent a bit of time today building the body for the Hucks Starter. The main frame is made from 1.0mm styrene sheet and the strengthening blocks from 1.0mm square. The timber panels are scribed into the back of the truck, the seat and the front platform, simulated punched nails were done with a 0.3mm drill bit. The body is just sitting on the chassis for photo purposes.

Des.

And with some paint applied

Offline rhallinger

« Reply #37 on: February 09, 2013, 11:58:41 PM »
WOW! Looks great Des.  Definately not your grandfather's Model T!  Very nice work indeed. Thanks for showing us the way.

Regards,

Bob

Offline Chris Johnson

« Reply #38 on: February 10, 2013, 12:29:30 AM »
Very nice, clean work Des. It's starting to look the part now. My bet is that you used a (shudder) ruler and maybe even plans to get everything looking so true and square!  ;D

Cheers,

Chris
You can have it good; You can have it fast; you can have it cheap. Pick any two, but all three are impossible.

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #39 on: February 10, 2013, 02:31:48 AM »
Looking fantastic, Des!  The paint really brings the detail out.  Everything's nice and straight and crisp.
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
« Reply #40 on: February 10, 2013, 08:36:20 AM »
Great work. This is coming together very nicely.

Steve

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #41 on: February 11, 2013, 07:18:51 AM »
Thanks guys for all your nice comments, much appreciated.

I fitted the steering wheel, the wheel is the kit supplied item but I replaced the oversized shaft with a length of brass tube. The rear mudguards are now made and fitted, strange looking arrangement but functional. As per the original photos the mudguard support rod passes right through the tray section, a bracket fixed to the outside of the tray body would have been a better idea. I have also started to work on the cockpit floor, this will take a bit of figuring out.

Des.

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
« Reply #42 on: February 11, 2013, 07:54:21 AM »
That's looking fantastic Des! You are a maestro with the plastic card and it's always fun following your builds.

Is the Hucks Starter going to be connected to any specific model? It would look great next to your Bristol F2B.

cheers

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia
Owner and Administrator of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #43 on: February 12, 2013, 08:54:42 AM »
Thanks David. I was tossing up between the Bristol and the RE.8, either would look good with the started hooked up to it. The project will now be shelved for a time, I have started work on my new WnW Snipe, this is a build I have been wanting to do ever since Wingnuts first announced they were doing the kit.
The Huck Starter build will resume soon.

Des.

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #44 on: March 07, 2013, 09:21:25 PM »
I have recommenced work on the Huck Starter. I made the forward floor and cut the slots for the foot pedals, I also made the pedals and fixed them to the floor. I made the hand brake lever as well and fastened it in position.

Des.

« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 10:04:08 PM by Des »