Author Topic: Ma.K. Pkf 85 Falke SSN  (Read 663 times)

Offline Stuart Malone

Ma.K. Pkf 85 Falke SSN
« on: August 18, 2022, 02:09:23 AM »
I joined a group build on Facebook to build a model from your stash that is completely outside your normal area of interest.  The idea was to get out of your comfort zone and challenge yourself.  I had this one Maschinen Kreiger kit in the cupboard and away we went.  I decided I wanted to do a night lozenge pattern and had to come up with an excuse, so I made this into a variant.  I call it the Superleichte Schnelle Nachtaufklärung or super light fast night recon variant.  I removed all the guns, flaps, armor, etc. to make it streamlined and look light.  I originally tried to wrap it in Aviattic 1/32nd scale lozenge decal, but that was a complete failure, twice.  So I painted large irregular polygons on it followed by a transparent blue, followed by a smoke.  I think it gave it just the right shading.

Stuart

Online DaddyO

Re: Ma.K. Pkf 85 Falke SSN
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2022, 05:36:15 AM »
Errrr, well that's certainly not what I expected to see  ;D

Great to step outside your comfort zone once in a while though and you've made a splendid job of it - well done

Paul
There cannot be a crisis today, my schedule is full

Offline KiwiZac

• Global Moderator
    • My Linktree
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2022, 07:39:52 AM »
I love the exhaust bluing!

Offline Stuart Malone

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2022, 05:17:26 AM »
Paul & Zac,

Thank you.  Yes, something a bit different.  Personally, I thought the night lozenge was pretty clever, but I have low standards.  It doesn't take much to impress me.  The exhaust bluing was super simple with Vallejo Model Color metallics.

Stuart