Author Topic: well hello everyone  (Read 1360 times)

masterKamera

well hello everyone
« on: May 02, 2022, 02:01:06 PM »
Bout time i did one of these things..

Likes to look at Scotch bottles at the store, Long drooling looks that make store employees relatively nervous.

Mainly was a plastic ship modeller in the 1990s, never got to do more then two planes. A B-25 mitchell in about 1992 and in 2000 i got the time to build a revell monogram BF-109 G-4 or 6

Did build an Arfix ww1 male tank, not bad.

COming back to modelling as a reprieve from photography. Have a hard time getting the urge to take photographs, things feel stunted in that interest of mine. Can only take to many flower and bird photos.

Offline Edo

Re: well hello everyone
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2022, 03:35:59 PM »
hey there!
welcome to the forum! surely you’ll find a lot of inspiration here as well as a wonderful and helping community!
sooo... you are passing from feathered birds to rigged ones.... cool! I too, happen to have the same passino of yours, including some furred beast too...
ciao and welcome again!

edo

masterKamera

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2022, 03:59:32 PM »
hey there!
welcome to the forum! surely you’ll find a lot of inspiration here as well as a wonderful and helping community!
sooo... you are passing from feathered birds to rigged ones.... cool! I too, happen to have the same passino of yours, including some furred beast too...
ciao and welcome again!

edo

The photography was primarily to be a way to keep my brain working. Working a job that inspires and needs to mental thinking other then "blinking light, hit this button, wait, remove part, repeat" and several concussions in the past. I needed some stimulation. But unfortunately the stimulation was short lived for various things.

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2022, 05:48:38 PM »
Welcome to the Forum masterKamera. I hope you find much here to help you enjoy the hobby. We look forward to seeing some of your builds here too, it's always great to share our work and exchange tips on modelling.

cheers

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia
Owner and Administrator of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline PJ Fisher

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2022, 11:06:05 AM »
Likes to look at Scotch bottles at the store, Long drooling looks that make store employees relatively nervous.

Perhaps consider combining your hobbies?

When I was actively modeling I averaged one airplane per year.  After finishing each build I'd reward myself with a fresh bottle of good cognac or brandy, which I would then nurse until the next plane was complete.

Offline macsporran

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2022, 01:49:21 AM »
When I was actively modeling I averaged one airplane per year.  After finishing each build I'd reward myself with a fresh bottle of good cognac or brandy, which I would then nurse until the next plane was complete.

Refining that a little further, I toasted my completed Nungesser Nieuport with a snifter of Remy Martin, then my Voss Dr.1 with an Asbach Uralt brandy. I have a nice bottle of Laphroaig single malt whisky awaiting completion of my latest Albert Ball Nie16. (Only problem is I can't build a Rickenbacker SPAD coz I don't care for bourbon whiskey!)
Sandy

Offline PJ Fisher

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2022, 03:06:06 AM »
Hah. Now that is some historical accuracy.  Maybe Rickenbacker was a beer drinker.

masterKamera

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2022, 02:32:49 PM »
Hah. Now that is some historical accuracy.  Maybe Rickenbacker was a beer drinker.

it all starts out as beer, so its all doable.

Offline bobs_buckles

• Freedom isn't free.
    • Bobs Buckles
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2022, 07:48:08 PM »
Hi MK,
 I enjoy the odd bottle of Whisky every now and then. The speyside single malts being my go to neuron tamer. Also like the wee dram below...A little to much for my own good  :o

Welcome to the forum.

Cheers,
Bob The Bruce!

https://www.bobsbuckles.co.uk/

Last Minute Man Of Faith