Author Topic: Nice to Meet You  (Read 1106 times)

Offline PJ Fisher

Nice to Meet You
« on: April 24, 2022, 01:26:05 PM »
Hi there folks,

I registered on this forum nearly a decade ago, but rarely visited and never posted anything until just a couple weeks back. Figure it's time to introduce myself properly.

Earnestly got into WWI aircraft modeling at the turn of the century.  My focus was strictly on 1/72 scale two-seat aircraft in British service.  Over the next ten years I had only completed about ten planes when my favorite builds were accidentally destroyed by my housekeeper.  I gave up the hobby frustratedly, then rechanneled my creative energy (as budget would slowly allow) to gut-renovating my old WWI-era craftsman bungalow, which I finally finished last year.  I painted it PC10.

Meanwhile, the world seems so depressing these days that since the pandemic I switched to reading WWI-era newspapers daily instead of current headlines... figuring that trench warfare would feel less dreary.  Encountering reports of those old aviators above the lines as they were happening unexpectedly rekindled the dormant modeling bug in me that everyone here must also be afflicted with.  So, last month, I got the idea to start sharing some of the more interesting articles in the 'Book Shelf' forum. 

Used to contribute to the gallery back on the old WWI Modeling Mailing List, which seems to have gone quiet.  I'll repost a few old pics of my 'downed' collection here in case anyone cares to see.  Anyway, one day maybe I'll unpack my old kit bag and get back to it... it holds a few works-in-progress I could resurrect.  See you around,

PJ

« Last Edit: April 24, 2022, 03:37:20 PM by PJ Fisher »

Online Rookie

• No guts, no glory...
Re: Nice to Meet You
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2022, 07:46:16 PM »
Welcome PJ!

I think you will find this bunch very friendly and helpfunctie. There is much to be seen and learned here. I certainly am learning every day.

I hope to see a build log soon.

Willem

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2022, 07:49:25 PM »
Hello PJ

Good to see you here and thanks for your posts.

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia
Owner and Administrator of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2022, 10:43:45 PM »
Welcome to the active side of the Forum PJ, I'd really like to see some of your "work in progress resurrected projects" here. Your lost collection looks outstanding, and indicates you have a great deal of skill and knowledge to share with the Membership, and I know you'll enjoy the experience!
Cheers,
Lance

Offline PJ Fisher

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2022, 05:10:21 AM »
Thanks for the feedback everyone.

Lance- good thought..; I know there’s a whole thread here on in-progress builds, but never considered in the past sharing anything that wasn’t finished. But I can tell there’s a lot of expertise here and new products since I last built anything.  This means lots to learn.  Maybe that’s the way for me to get my mojo back.  Somewhere in storage, the planes I have closest to completion are a RAF FE.2c, a RAF RE.7, and a Farman HF.20.

Who knows how they’ve held up but I’ll hunt them down.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2022, 06:56:48 AM by PJ Fisher »

Offline pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2022, 09:54:15 AM »
Welcome back

Steve

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2022, 11:09:05 PM »
Welcome to the site PJ

Alexis
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline bobs_buckles

• Freedom isn't free.
    • Bobs Buckles
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2022, 07:06:15 AM »
Hello PJ
Welcome aboard!
 ::) ::) ::)

Cheers,
Bob

https://www.bobsbuckles.co.uk/

Last Minute Man Of Faith

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2022, 05:37:06 AM »
Welcome to the Forum. I have looked at and commented on those two seaters and they are awesome. I am looking forward to seeing more of your work in the future. By the way, lots of Listees are here on the Forum!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline macsporran

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2022, 05:30:15 PM »
Splendid specialization, PJ. We can do with more British two seaters - the real unsung heroes of the Great War.
Sandy