Author Topic: Easter quiz  (Read 4482 times)

Offline Skyhook

Easter quiz
« on: April 15, 2022, 04:30:23 AM »
6AF7E49A-194D-40DB-BF4A-849D59244C49 by Amiga Hassel, on Flickr

Hi again, after a long pause....

The world is crazy and we all probably can use some diversions now and then, so here’s one for the easter time! These are my projects under construction right now, in various states of construction. Can you guess what aircraft types they actually are trying to portray? One of them is easy (and German), all others are Austro-Hungarian and probably a lot harder to guess. One is very difficult, because it is in very early stages...I’ll settle for the type, designation optional.

No prizes, but you are a pretty good at identifying obscure types if you get most of them right :)

Cheers, Skyhook

Offline Thumbs up

Re: Easter quiz
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2022, 05:22:58 AM »
I see a DFW b1 a much wanted kit,a Lloyd c2 and maybe a couple of loners all vac kits?

Offline Dirigible-Al

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2022, 05:51:38 AM »
Looks like an Aviatic B.I beside the scissors. I agree the other is a Lloyd C.II. My guess is the flying boat is the Lhoner M or L. I have not got a clue what the grey one by the scissors is. I have an idea what the silver one is. I would get it with a bit of googleing but that would be cheating. I agree with Thumbs up, I would love someone to bring out a kit for the flying banana.
Alan
I heard that it all started when a bloke called Archie Duke shot an ostrich 'cause he was hungry!

Online torbiorn

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2022, 06:16:17 AM »
Neat, I have soft spot for quirky A-H types.

Lohner B.II at 12 o’clock
An Aviatik B.I south-east of previous
Lloyd C.II or III left of previous
DFW B.I close to the camera

No idea for the others

Offline Thumbs up

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2022, 06:26:42 AM »
I think the the late great Joe Chubbok may have had a hand in creating these lovely vacs.

Offline Skyhook

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2022, 03:45:57 PM »
Hi!

Very good, thanks :).  Btw, these all are scratchbuild projects. The photo seems to be lacking in sharpness, but i will send new ones a bit later, this photo was taken about a month ago, so many of them have progressed quite a bit from what can be seen here. I will make it easier in the coming days :).

Yes, it is DFW B.1 with those banana-shaped wings. Lloyd C II is indeed there, also an Aviatik B.II,. Lohner B.II is also represented... just two to go!

Cheers, Skyhook
« Last Edit: April 15, 2022, 04:03:47 PM by Skyhook »

Online torbiorn

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2022, 07:07:27 PM »
The one with transparent (acrylic?) raked wings could be a later Lohner, a C.I for example.

Offline Skyhook

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2022, 12:06:51 AM »
The one with transparent (acrylic?) raked wings could be a later Lohner, a C.I for example.

It indeed is a Lohner, but not C.I. To be honest, it is surely hard to indentify, because it is just the basic components, but possible :)

Cheers, skyhook

Offline Skyhook

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2022, 07:34:19 PM »
So now it gets easier... here’s the two hard ones from the first picture...much more ready. Sorry about the silly stickers etc, but i wanted to obscure the tell-tale fuselage numbers for now :)

Cheers, Skyhook
BD1F217A-C932-4432-B263-9C7075697AFC

7306276F-D0F1-421D-AC89-B3BF0613D95E

Online torbiorn

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2022, 07:48:58 PM »

It indeed is a Lohner, but not C.I. To be honest, it is surely hard to indentify, because it is just the basic components, but possible :)

Cheers, skyhook

Still looks like a C.I, but it doesn’t have a gun it makes it a B.VII?

Lovely models by the way :)

Offline Skyhook

« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2022, 09:09:49 PM »
Thanks, and Well done, Torbjörn!  It is indeed Lohner B VI. Now it is just one to go....i’ll make it easier by mentioning that its nickname wss ”rocking horse” (badly balanced elevator control, that made it sway up and down In level flight), used mainly on the eastern front 1916, for long range reconnaisance

Cheers, skyhook

Offline Dirigible-Al

« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2022, 11:38:15 PM »
OK, wild guess based on the rocking horse clue.
Knoller B.II even though I do not know what it looks like but I do know it had issues.
Alan
I heard that it all started when a bloke called Archie Duke shot an ostrich 'cause he was hungry!

Offline Thumbs up

« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2022, 03:50:58 AM »
OK, wild guess based on the rocking horse clue.
Knoller B.II even though I do not know what it looks like but I do know it had issues.
Alan
[/quote

Throwing my two cents with You Al a Knoller.

Offline Dirigible-Al

« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2022, 04:11:22 AM »
B.1?

Offline Skyhook

« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2022, 04:46:16 AM »
hi!  Knollers look very similar, but this one is not one of them…. another hint; it’s other nickname was ”gondola”…. probably for the same reasons as the ”rocking horse”.

i know it is a hard one…found just a few images of it when googling for info…apart from the three view drawing.

cheers, Skyhook