Author Topic: Clay-More  (Read 6711 times)

Offline ClayMoreGuy

Re: Clay-More
« Reply #45 on: January 10, 2022, 05:09:50 AM »
Cleopatra surly felt the same pleasure taking her donkey milk bath than I have reading this post.. It is heaven!
FBA what a dream. You told me you did the italian version an diferences are quite sensible.
Never mind! trasform the kit to a french type is a very exiting challenge

Xan, as soon as I have some time I will have a look on how complicated would be to make a french fuselage for the FBA...

Offline Beto

« Reply #46 on: January 11, 2022, 02:40:03 AM »
Hello ClayMoreGuy! I just wanted to share a tip about 3D printing I have developed over the years... instead of letting Chitubox (or any other program you use) do his thing about the printing supports (usually a massive labyrinth of thin cylinders) that produce a lot of pin-point defects hard to fill and sand, it's better to include in the 3D model all the supports the machine may need. In particular, it's much easier to add a thin "blade" to the leading edge of the wing(s) and connect it to a much sturdier support. Please check the renders of my 1/144 Rumpler C.I to see what I mean. I also added a thin continuous support under the fuselage, much easier to erase than multiple small defects. Hope it helps and my best wishes about your business! - If I can help about anything related just let me know.

Thanks so much for this interesting post. I had a deep look at the way you placed your work on supports. Anyway I think that this is nice way to print small scale. With bigger things, 1/48 and so on I think it would be unpracticable. Not to mention the fact that the printer's working space is quite limited. I would have loved to print the Ca.3 wings in a big, long single piece. But it was simply impossible. We are studying how to make big parts too, because or dream is to be able to release in the future large things sch as the Ilya Muromets etc.

I am taking in due consideration all of your thoughts and wishes. Regarding the cockpit accessbility etc. Anyway to me It does not look so hard to paint the interiors.

Of course in 1/48 it's not practical to print a whole plane, I did it this way because it's 1/144 and I did not need too much detail. But even for 1/48 or any other scale, it's easier to score with a scapel through a small groove between the long block an the leading edge of the wing than dealing with multiple small dings.

Offline xan

« Reply #47 on: January 11, 2022, 09:01:20 PM »
Xan, as soon as I have some time I will have a look on how complicated would be to make a french fuselage for the FBA...
It would be great ! but anyway Italian fuselage will be good too!

Karaya proposes Hispano suiza 8 engine (to transforme in 150hp)

And Gaspatch Hotchkiss MG

I will do the french rudder with a plotter and wings floats will be scratched

Show must go on!!!!

Xan
"Zwei Armeen, die sich bekämpfen, sind eine grosse Armee, die Selbstmord an sich übt."
Barbusse.
"Une montagne en Allemagne ne peut pas offenser une montagne en France. Ou une rivière ou une forêt ou un champ de blé."
Remarque.

Bughunter

« Reply #48 on: January 11, 2022, 11:58:06 PM »
Our friends at Copper State Models provide also a nice kit of the Hispano-Suiza.
https://www.scalemates.com/kits/copper-state-models-e48-014-wwi-aero-engine-hispano-suiza-200-hp-k1026-dolphin--1089778

It was part of my Premium series of the Sopwith Dolphin kit but is also available stand alone.

Cheers,
Frank

Offline KiwiZac

• Global Moderator
    • My Linktree
« Reply #49 on: January 27, 2022, 03:13:01 AM »
Clay-More Guy - have you given any thought to a Vickers FB.5 "Gunbus" kit? Or a Curtiss Model B/F?
Contour Creative Studio - Curtiss B seaplane 1916 by Zac Yates, on Flickr
Image by Contour Creative Studio

wpc_2015_2563.001_acc by Zac Yates, on Flickr
wpc_2010_0982.001_acc by Zac Yates, on Flickr
Walsh Photographic Collections by Zac Yates, on Flickr
Walsh Archive Collections by Zac Yates, on Flickr
Walsh Archive Collections by Zac Yates, on Flickr
7e833fe0082617e517bd60dbde4772a3 by Zac Yates, on Flickr
« Last Edit: January 27, 2022, 03:36:55 AM by KiwiZac »
Zac in NZ

Offline Thumbs up