Author Topic: Clay-More  (Read 6740 times)

Offline WD

Clay-More
« on: December 31, 2021, 02:31:20 AM »
Did anyone see this coming?  I sure didn't, but then maybe I'm just behind the times:

https://www.clay-more.com/

Enjoy!  Nice to see 1/48th getting some love.

WD

Offline RAGIII

Re: Clay-More
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2021, 04:24:18 AM »
Interesting kits for sure. Multi Media for the experienced Modeler . I hope someone can give the 1/48th guys more info soon!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline WD

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2021, 05:28:51 AM »
Me too Rick. I sure never saw this coming, never heard of the company, etc. However, a friend on a UK modeling forum made me aware this morning, and he found it on Scalemates. Man, you'd think someone in the company might have found their way over here if for nothing else to give us all a shout and a heads up.

For experienced modelers, but isn't that true for most all WWI kits that are multi-media?

I wish them nothing but success.

WD

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2021, 06:24:51 AM »
Me too Rick. I sure never saw this coming, never heard of the company, etc. However, a friend on a UK modeling forum made me aware this morning, and he found it on Scalemates. Man, you'd think someone in the company might have found their way over here if for nothing else to give us all a shout and a heads up.

For experienced modelers, but isn't that true for most all WWI kits that are multi-media?

I wish them nothing but success.

WD

I agree Warren, You would think a "New" company producing WW1 subjects would at least do a web search looking for an audience  :o The subjects are really interesting and sorely needed in about all of the Major scales!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2021, 07:54:22 AM »
   Some really great choices of subject there; great news for the 1;48 crowd!
Cheers,
Lance

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2021, 08:20:54 AM »
Most interesting. Multi media would suggest resin, plastic and PE?

The Fe8 is a particular kit I've long wanted and am surprised it's been ignored by the mainstream companies.

I have reached out to Clay-More and invited them to share more information with the Forum. It's always good to welcome new companies into the WW1 market.

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia
Owner and Administrator of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline Berman

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2021, 08:29:22 AM »
Some photos of parts Italian Ebay. Looks good except the engines are 3D printed in one piece to the booms and some interior details are all printed to the interior instead of being separate. Much more difficult to paint and detail. Since this is 3D printed instead of molded castings, the manufacturer could relatively easily print separate parts. If enough modelers suggest printing separate parts, I think Clay-More would modify this shortcoming as well as all future kits.

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2021, 02:01:29 PM »
I want then all !

Alexis
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline the great waldo

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2021, 08:15:20 PM »
Some photos of parts Italian Ebay. Looks good except the engines are 3D printed in one piece to the booms and some interior details are all printed to the interior instead of being separate. Much more difficult to paint and detail. Since this is 3D printed instead of molded castings, the manufacturer could relatively easily print separate parts. If enough modelers suggest printing separate parts, I think Clay-More would modify this shortcoming as well as all future kits.

Hi Berman
Have you got any links to the photos ?
Cheers
Andrew

Offline hiddeous1973

• Don't worry, Baldrick has a cunning plan !!
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2021, 09:15:49 PM »
I could find this on the italian ebay.
I have no connections to maker or seller, just to let you know.
seems to be 3d print, resin wings, booms and fuselage and a lot of pe parts, but also a hefty price for a 1/48 kit...

https://www.ebay.it/itm/115163513942?hash=item1ad047c456:g:W3wAAOSwIpFhzbX9

Offline Berman

« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2022, 01:36:21 AM »
 Now on US Ebay.  https://www.ebay.com/itm/115163513942?hash=item1ad047c456:g:W3wAAOSwIpFhzbX9
 160 euros plus 30 euros shipping to the USA if ordered directly from Clay-More's website. I will order one if he changes to more separate parts.

Offline Dirigible-Al

« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2022, 02:08:42 AM »
This is absolutely excellent news, especially for the 1/48 crew like me. The manufacturer must know what we want, this is so refreshing. If someone told me a new kit maker was releasing kits I would expect little more than already covered single seat fighters but I would buy all of the kits listed.
Alan
I heard that it all started when a bloke called Archie Duke shot an ostrich 'cause he was hungry!

Offline Dirigible-Al

« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2022, 02:15:21 AM »
P.S.
If Clay-More read this thread then this is to you 'Please do a Short Bros plane in 1/48'.
Alan.
I heard that it all started when a bloke called Archie Duke shot an ostrich 'cause he was hungry!

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2022, 07:18:27 PM »
I have been in contact with Clay-More who advise they are a very small garage-business based in Italy.

The Caproni CA.3 bomber has just been released. It is essentially 3D printed with some resin parts, PE and decals.

Clay-More say people can buy directly from their website or on Ebay.

They've also shared a list of what's available now and what's coming plus some ideas on the table.

Available kits:

Caproni Ca3

Coming soon:

Lonher L
FBA
RAF FE8
Voisin L

Ideas on the table

FE2b
Pomilio PE
Saml 7
Sia SP3
Handley Page 0/400
Zeppelin Staaken
Ilya Muromets

All kits in 1/48 scale.

Clay-More say prices for fighters ranges from 70 to 90€. Prices for those big bombers are to be defined, but no less than 200€

The Caproni is selling on Ebay or via their website for 160€ and shipping. Clay-More have shared some images with the Forum.

More information at the Clay-More website at https://www.clay-more.com/

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia
Owner and Administrator of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline Pup7309

« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2022, 09:44:05 PM »
For the advanced modeller but awesome subject choices. Might pick some up, especially flying boats  :D
‘Not all who wander are lost‘