Author Topic: Bleriot XI  (Read 9859 times)

Offline Ernie

• "Once more into the breach"
Re: Bleriot XI
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2021, 03:22:40 AM »
Hi Edo.  From someone who couldn't find the switch on the printer, you have
done a steller job of the Bleriot's engine!  Well done!  I am looking forward to
the next installment!

Cheers,
Ernie :)
The new old guy, take two...

Offline pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2021, 05:46:01 AM »
Amazing

Steve

Offline Edo

« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2021, 08:35:23 PM »
Hi all!
thank you again for the kind words!
I wanted to show you some update. The first one are the supports for the engine, they are 3d printed, and I have already put some paint on it, so I don't know if you can see the details very well, but I am very happy with it and the bolts tourned out very sharp... Indeed it took me 3 runs before getting it right, but I think it is ok now...

I'll upload some more pictures as of the completed engine section.

Then I printed the ribs for the wings, I fear the plans I am using don't have the right prophile and they also come out a little longer then it should have been, but I'll live with that (but I modified a bit the design on the PC)

Lastly, as this will be a "multimedia build", I started the fusolage. It is made the old way: wood beam and monofilament for rigging. The auxiliary tank is 3d printed.

but then, the cat jumped on the table, wanting to get out. I moved to open the window and struck the tripod, my camera fell and... well... have a look...

I am not going to repeat here the world that I shouted at the cat, the window, the Heavens and myself...
let's say that now that I am more calm and I can tell the truth and admit that the fusolage was not perfecltly suqare, so this is a good opportunity to amend my previus errors... and get a laught out of it !!

ciao
Edo

Offline kensar

• Reshaping the world - one piece at a time.
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2021, 01:11:02 AM »
I thought I had commented before, but apparently not - excellent work here, Edo.  I like how this is going. 
Your incident was unfortunate, but things like that happen.  I would like to see you repair and finish this great project!
It appears 3D printing will be the future of modeling, but its something I haven't delved into yet.

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2021, 01:52:13 AM »
That looks like one of MY builds   ;D Seriously it is a shame but it seems like you have taken a good approach to dealing with the Accident. This is really looking great to date!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline gbrivio

« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2021, 05:10:00 PM »
Great work, besides the feline incident. 3D printing is very appealing and maybe a printer will be introduced in my already too long wish list. Surely would be a great iprovement over my increasing dumbness in manipulating small parts to shape missing pieces... I'm sure your rapaired fuselage will be excellent.
Ciao
Giuseppe

Offline pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
« Reply #21 on: December 24, 2021, 12:08:05 AM »
Interesting process. The breaks mostly look clean so righting/squaring it up should be possible.

Steve

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #22 on: December 25, 2021, 12:46:29 AM »
OUCH !

I feel your pain Edo , Blau did that too me when he was kitten . I know you will be able to make the repairs need  :)

Alexis
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline KiwiZac

• Global Moderator
    • My Linktree
« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2021, 07:24:37 AM »
I'm sorry to see that Edo, I've had a few feline-induced incidents over the years but our current cats know to stick to their assigned sleeping zone on The Bench! I'm excited to see the repaired fuselage and subsequent updates.

Offline the great waldo

« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2022, 06:47:25 PM »
Hi Edo

It happened to me some years ago I bought a dye sublimation printer (expensive and no longer produced) and I also bought a pile of foils and special paper for (also expensive)I unpacked it and went to make a cup of tea. When I came back I turned the printer on and all the lights on the printer were blinking. I checked the manual and there was no mention of all lights blinking. I called the chap who sold it to me and asked him if he had any ideas, but no luck (I had tried the printer when I bought from him as I knew him well and it had worked perfectly) I did notice a funny smell from the printer so I thought i'd have a look inside. I found the problem. Pudding my cat had pissed/marked in the back of the printer directly in the power supply, apparently these printers used a high voltage and the cats "liquid" had completely destroyed the power supply (luckily for the cat the power was off when the crime was commited, other wise the consequences don't bear thinking about!!)  I thought I was going to strangle the cat, but of course I had to laugh as he didn't know what he was doing (or at least I hope not) I told my friend who sold me the printer and he saw the funny side off the tale and offered me a replacement printer as I had bought so many supplies for the printer, at a super low price.
Happy New Year all
Cheers
Andrew
« Last Edit: January 03, 2022, 05:44:45 PM by the great waldo »

Offline Dirigible-Al

« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2022, 03:35:26 AM »
I know too well animals can be dangerous to modellers but so far in my world little children (though of course you love them) can be utterly catastrophic.
Really looking forward to see the progress of your Bleriot.
Alan
I heard that it all started when a bloke called Archie Duke shot an ostrich 'cause he was hungry!

Offline Edo

« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2022, 05:19:29 PM »
hey friends!
thank you for the support!
maybe we should open a new thread on ‘animal incursions on modeller’s life’ .....
anyway.... I have decided to redo the fusolage and I am almost to the point I was before.... so I’ll be able to show you something soon.

ciao
edo

Offline the great waldo

« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2022, 05:47:17 PM »
Hey Giuseppe!
Thank you very much!
I forgot to say that, without wanting to disrupt anyone's business, but I 'd like to give back something to this wonderful community, so if anyone wants the .STL files I use for this build, please feel free to ask me and I'll send them via PM.

now, this is how the Anzani 3 cylinders engine tourned out after gluing the parts together, adding pipes and wires, and painting I hope you like it!

ciao Edo
Hi Edo
Could you pm the stl file please ? also which 3d printer did you print the anzani with ?
Cheers
Andrew

Offline Manni

• Der Militärmodellbauer
« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2022, 11:14:56 PM »
Great work, Edo. What a pitty with the cat. But I have experienced that doing some things twice it makes one do them faster and better. The 3D printed parts look great. I wish I was a bit more ambitious in learning 3D Cad software to do designs by myself.
very nice,
Manni
"Ich hab' da mal was vorbereitet.": Jean Pütz
"Warum noch mehr Bausätze?!?": meine Frau

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2022, 01:59:42 AM »
The engine really looks superb!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler