Author Topic: Roden confirm more WW1 kits are in development  (Read 6777 times)

Offline Pup7309

Re: Roden confirm more WW1 kits are in development
« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2021, 06:16:16 PM »
I have to admit I was such a WNW admirer that Roden passed me by. But I’m liking the SPAD and was Recommended the DIII here. So will do a side by side build with a D5 to determine if WNW at current cost are 5 times better.

I intend to do their Gladiator from a few years back but apparently it’s worth buying the cowling because it’s moulded in three pieces for some unknown reason.

Haters gonna hate!
« Last Edit: December 06, 2021, 06:20:55 PM by Pup7309 »
‘Not all who wander are lost‘

Offline James Reagan

« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2021, 03:25:57 AM »
I have a couple of SPAD 13 early kits and feel they have great potential.  One will be completed inItalian markings.  I'll pick up two of the late versions especially if they offer Rickenbacker and Luke decals. I'm surprised that none (decals) are currently being offered for the two American aces. I have 1/32 figures for them. 

A few years ago I moved away from WW! interests and am now back.  My big issue is finding out of production aftermarket upgrades for some early kits in my stash. Roden kits offer a great base for super-detailing  their kits. I'd love to see some  1/32 Austro Hungarian Albatros D III  kits.

With the dissapeaance of brick and mortar shops in central Pennsylvania almost everything is mail order.

Offline jamieg

« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2021, 05:19:31 AM »
Any injection moulded 1/32 AH model would be greatly appreciated. Edgar keeps saying CSM is still working on the Hansa-Brandenburg D.I, but the gestation period on that kit is worrisome.

jamie

Offline WD

« Reply #33 on: December 08, 2021, 09:25:16 AM »
I'll pick up two of the late versions especially if they offer Rickenbacker and Luke decals. I'm surprised that none (decals) are currently being offered for the two American aces. I have 1/32 figures for them. 

With the dissapeaance of brick and mortar shops in central Pennsylvania almost everything is mail order.

James,
          Perhaps you, and others here, can convince Richard Andrews of Aviattic to make another run of his Frank Luke decals in his "Legends" series.

The loss of Rosemont Hobby Shop there in PA years ago was a great blow to WWI modelers IMHO.

WD

Offline James Reagan

« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2021, 12:54:02 AM »
PART, the Polish photo etch manufacturer,  has offered a number of outstanding detail sets for Roden kits. Perhaps they will continue to do so for the SPAD 13 kit and subsequent releases.  Their SPAD 7 set is excellent. I saw a comment in an earlier posting about a reissue of the Aviattic 1/32 scale Frank Luke decals. Markings for Rickenbacker's aircraft could also be offered.

I'm looking forward to the future Late version of the SPAD 13.  I feel the Roden Early SPAD 13 can be dressed up to hold its place with the more recent releases.  Perhapse Model Cellar will offer a couple of quality figures for SPAD 13 dioramas as well a suitable figures to display with the Copper State Models Nieuport kits.

Offline KiwiZac

• Global Moderator
    • My Linktree
« Reply #35 on: December 09, 2021, 03:52:36 AM »
I'll pick up two of the late versions especially if they offer Rickenbacker and Luke decals. I'm surprised that none (decals) are currently being offered for the two American aces. I have 1/32 figures for them. 
I would be very, very surprised if at least Rickenbacker wasn't a decal option - if not the box art - for the Late boxing! But now I have visions of a painting of Luke in his SPAD circling a burning balloon, its observer parachuting down...

Offline KiwiZac

• Global Moderator
    • My Linktree
« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2022, 04:49:07 AM »
a 1/32 scale Avro 504 will be released toward the end of the year[2022].
Forgive my ignorance, but has Vladimir said it is a 504k? I as as I know there is a myriad of 504 versions although I'm only really familiar with the "k" and much later "n" models.

masterKamera

« Reply #37 on: April 26, 2022, 03:29:51 PM »
Hello,

I am a late comer to the modern world of model aircraft, i tried a few before 2000.

Roden does get bad press, but , as someone who has only seen pictures of the kits, i believe the problem is the builders themselves.

I have purchased a Roden Junkers D1 early model, and in my time perusing the user submitted photos on hobbylinc website, far to many builders have built the Roden models and forgotten simple things like REMOVING the flash before assemblind and painting their models.

Offline Dirigible-Al

« Reply #38 on: April 27, 2022, 05:03:56 AM »
That is an excellent kit you have and it goes together well. Only quirk was getting the decals to sink into the corrugations, I managed it with the help of Micro Sol decal solution but if that failed I just would have painted them in. I was not aware of any bad press about Roden, I have always thought highly of them. You are probably right about the modellers.
Alan.
I heard that it all started when a bloke called Archie Duke shot an ostrich 'cause he was hungry!

masterKamera

« Reply #39 on: April 27, 2022, 02:24:04 PM »
That is an excellent kit you have and it goes together well. Only quirk was getting the decals to sink into the corrugations, I managed it with the help of Micro Sol decal solution but if that failed I just would have painted them in. I was not aware of any bad press about Roden, I have always thought highly of them. You are probably right about the modellers.
Alan.

my THOUGHT is that if the first decal doesnt go on right, to grab ye old razor blade and turn the decal sheet into a simplistic painting mask.

Offline Mike Norris

• RAF Old and Bold
    • Mikes WW1 Aircraft Models
« Reply #40 on: April 27, 2022, 09:42:17 PM »
Hi all,
I've built models from various kit manufacturers and all of differing quality standards and pricing.
'Roden' models can, with a little more effort, be made into good models.
I for one will take anything they produce, especially with aircraft never made in this scale,

Mike

Retired - 27 years RAF service then 20 years Military Aerospace Technical Author/editor.

Offline torbiorn

« Reply #41 on: April 27, 2022, 10:09:28 PM »
Hello,

I am a late comer to the modern world of model aircraft, i tried a few before 2000.

Roden does get bad press, but , as someone who has only seen pictures of the kits, i believe the problem is the builders themselves.

I have purchased a Roden Junkers D1 early model, and in my time perusing the user submitted photos on hobbylinc website, far to many builders have built the Roden models and forgotten simple things like REMOVING the flash before assemblind and painting their models.

From a 1/72 only point of view: They are a bit more challenging than Eduard (but Eduard only have maybe 4 Great war  types in production…) and the decals are frankly bad (at least the older ones, but I have not encountered good Roden decals so far). On the other hand they are very nicely detailed and I’ve bought every single type and will continue to do so if they should issue more. In 1/72 the new kits are top of the class, but Roden isn’t far behind - and I’ve bought Roden kits just to get spare engines, because they are the nicest injection-moulded engines I’ve seen.

Offline Gutzer

« Reply #42 on: April 28, 2022, 05:38:39 PM »
Lovely aircraft Mike.  The bases complement them very well without being distracting.  Can you share how you make them?

Peter

UPDATE

Checked your website Mike.  Astounding.  PDFs for each model's construction, including base!  Fantastic resource!
« Last Edit: April 28, 2022, 05:49:20 PM by Gutzer »
Perth, Western Australia

"One must overcome the inner Schweinehund."  The Baron.

Offline KiwiZac

• Global Moderator
    • My Linktree
« Reply #43 on: April 29, 2022, 06:53:36 AM »
I remain very excited for Roden's 1/32 Avro.

Offline rhwinter

« Reply #44 on: May 02, 2022, 02:58:13 AM »
I remain very excited for Roden's 1/32 Avro.

Me, too! Me, too!