Author Topic: Kotare's Spitfire  (Read 3093 times)

Offline macsporran

Kotare's Spitfire
« on: September 15, 2021, 08:34:14 AM »
https://www.kotare-models.com/products/k32001-132-spitfire-mkia-late

First announced kit is going to be a 1/32 BoB Mk1a Spitfire.
(Hope there still might be some WWI in the mix but it makes a lot of sense to start with a "banker".)
Sandy
« Last Edit: September 15, 2021, 05:59:21 PM by macsporran »

Offline Dave Brewer

Re: Kotare's Spitfire
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2021, 10:53:07 AM »
Ahhh, I'm just finishing backdating the Revell IIa to this very airframe, with help from Barracuda and Southern Expo decals.

Offline PrzemoL

• There was Eru... and he made first the Ainur...
    • Przemysław Litewka
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2021, 05:53:47 PM »
I wish all the luck to Kotare. Yet, I am not interested in WW2 32nd scale models, so I will refrain myself from getting it. Well, yes, I'm disappointed but I was afraid it will be a surprise of this sort.
Ash nazg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatuluk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

Offline loopyloop

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2021, 06:17:03 PM »
' Banker' well I am sure it will do well as after talking to Airfix reps they tell me that the majority of suggestions re a new kit is 'just do a new spitfire'. Money rules and anyway I've got loads of kits and still no Phantom. ;)

Offline Borsos

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2021, 08:26:15 PM »
Ahhh, I'm just finishing backdating the Revell IIa to this very airframe, with help from Barracuda and Southern Expo decals.

Oh well….how true! I didn’t  start yet, but I also have the barracuda resin parts and a Revell kit at the ready…
However, I am looking forward in anticipation to every 1:32 scale release which is well done (and I think we can expect this from Kotare).

Andreas
"Deux armées aux prises, c'est une grande armée qui se suicide."
Barbusse.
"Ein Berg in Deutschland kann doch einen Berg in Frankreich nicht beleidigen. Oder ein Fluß oder ein Wald oder ein Weizenfeld."
Remarque.

Offline bobs_buckles

• Freedom isn't free.
    • Bobs Buckles
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2021, 12:12:38 AM »
I will certainly be supporting Kotare with the purchase of the M.1 Spit. I also hope (plead!) that they produce the Hawker Hurricane, God knows we need one!

Cheers,
Bob
 ::) ::) ::)

https://www.bobsbuckles.co.uk/

Last Minute Man Of Faith

Offline Umlaufmotor

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2021, 05:43:55 AM »
Bob my old biker friend, to maintain balance, I'm hoping for a BoB Bf 109 Emil as a second Kotare model   ;)

Servus
Bertl

Offline bobs_buckles

• Freedom isn't free.
    • Bobs Buckles
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2021, 09:28:01 PM »
Bob my old biker friend, to maintain balance, I'm hoping for a BoB Bf 109 Emil as a second Kotare model   ;)

Servus
Bertl

Yes, my friend, I couldn't agree more.
I'm sure they will get around to the BF 109...but not BEFORE!!! the Hurricane  ;D ;D

Hope you're well.
Keep riding.

Bob  ;)

https://www.bobsbuckles.co.uk/

Last Minute Man Of Faith

Offline RichieW

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2021, 12:23:17 AM »
I will certainly be supporting Kotare with the purchase of the M.1 Spit. I also hope (plead!) that they produce the Hawker Hurricane, God knows we need one!

Cheers,
Bob
 ::) ::) ::)

1/32 Hurricane Mk 1, yes please! I am definitely going to buy the Spitfire. I seriously believe that if Tamiya had a released a 1/32 Mk1 Spit that it would have outsold their MkIX. It's a great choice for a 1st release.

Richie

Offline dr 1 ace

« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2021, 05:24:11 AM »

Servus
Bertl

Bertl,
I'm pretty sure you will be pleasantly surprised- a bf 109 is a sure bet for a new company as a companion to the Mk 1a. 

My choice for a 3rd release would be a P-51B/C

Ed

« Last Edit: September 18, 2021, 05:21:45 AM by dr 1 ace »
Life is short, enjoy it, nobody gets out alive.

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2021, 11:24:56 AM »
Didn't Fly models do a Hurrie in 32 scale ?

Will be interesting to see this on built on how it compares to the Tamiya kit for detail and assembly . Now a P-51B would be nice , the trump kit has a lot of ....well ..issues .

Alexis
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline jamieg

« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2021, 02:09:24 PM »
Ah well, I guess this means they aren't going to do WWI subjects. Too bad. I've built all of the WWII aircraft I ever intend to build. Good  luck to them, but they ain't going to get any of my money...

Offline loopyloop

« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2021, 05:51:55 PM »
They won't get mine either but it will get interesting as looking at this broadly they will have to compete in a bigger world. Eduard have released a 1/32 ME109E, so lets see what happens next.

Offline jeroen_R90S

« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2021, 12:58:44 AM »
A very good first subject I suppose, but not one I'm likely to run out and get... I can see it's broad appeal and of course wish Kotare all the best!

Didn't Dragon/DML do a (good) Bf109E? I saw one advertised some time ago on our local equivalent of Ebay.
I've read the Eduard one isn't all that great?

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2021, 03:38:11 AM »
Jeroen , Yes Dragon/DML under the cyber hobby label released a 32 scale 109e 4-7 but I don't recall any earlier version released by them .

I have that kit in my stash and is far better then Eduards kit , not sure if Eduard has updated their tooling or have a new kit out but I will stick with the DML kit , price was 50 bucks CDN at the time I pick it up and for the level of detail it is farhead of the eduard kit .

Alexis

Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .